Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
5,028 results
All reviewsclub roomtube stationpiccadilly linescience museumtesco expressheathrow airportexcellent locationinternet accesswest endconciergekensingtonwaitroseconferencepubsfoyer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

January 18th we came from deepest darkest Wales on one of the worst days of travelling for years; blizzard conditions cancellations, disruptions and delays. Even so all our trials and tribulations were swept aside when my wife and I arrived at the Millennium Gloucester London only a stone’s throw from Gloucester Tube. The doorman had the door open as soon as we neared the entrance then walk into the foyer where there is a large open fire to greet you. Cristina on reception helped melt the chill away. She asked how our journey was and genuinely came across as happy to help, very professional and unpretentious. I was introduced to Melanie Hauff (Guest relations office) who had answered my previous e-mails Melanie is competent, amiable and gregarious a true credit to the hotel. I am a Millenniums loyalty member and was fortunate to be upgraded to a club room without actual club room access (shame lol). The room number 730 was large especially for London it was also the quietest room we have ever had the pleasure to stay in, also check out the power TV in the music section where you can hear your favourite individual artists... I always measure a hotel by not what they get right but how they react when things do not go right. We did not have a bathplug a minor problem that could have escalated when you are need of a soothing bath but under five minutes Cristina had despatched maintenance to sort it out, Well done to all concerned. I never got my preferred morning paper but put that down to the weather distruption.Gerrad the excellent and knowledgeable concierge even offered to go outside and have one delivered to my room. If you need any directions or advice then the Concierge should be your first port of call. The breakfast area as is the hotels is grand and flamboyant try and take a table on the upper level and takes time out to look at the murals on the pillars and walls they are delightful, you can also look outside and see the world go by. The breakfast itself is plentiful, warm and tasty. It was busy on the Sunday of my visit but the level of service and quality of food was never compromised.
Two little niggles there are quite a few paintings and photos of London landmarks around the hotel I knew most but a little description about them would not go amiss. Also on my room card which you need, is relevant information regarding your stay but I do not rest easy with the total rate paid being on the card.
Lee Richards the Hotel manager has a hotel and staff to be proud of, Millenniums headliner is” you are the centre of our world “.I can vouch for that. Would I stay again? Most definitely.

Room Tip: If you can have a club room .Then room 730 was one of the quietest rooms I have stayed in.
1  Thank postypaulh
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf of Mr Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear postypaulh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such detailed review regarding your experience at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

I am trully delighted to know that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with our standards and services.

It is very rewarding to read comments like yours. I shared your feedback with the team and I thank you on their behalf.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Bright clean and stylish. They let us check in at 9,30am and gave us a free upgrade.
Superbly placed right outside the Gloucester Road tube station.
Very fast lifts. Nice public areas.
We did not eat in the hotel so I cannot comment but there is a Waitrose very close by so we had a luxury picnic in the room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf o Mr Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Colchestered,

Thank you for this glowing review.

I was very pleased to read your comments and to know that you were satisfied with your stay with us.

We hope to have the pleasure of your visit again in the near future.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The location is good for the museums and the Albert Hall. Hotel room very good and an overall positive experience. Would recommend to others and stay there again. Underground station within 2 minutes.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf of Mr Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear eileen042,

Thank you very much for your positive review about your stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

It is always delightful to know that a guest enjoyed the stay and was satisfied with our standards, service and location.

We hope to have the pleasure of your visit again soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times. It is extremely convenient to the tube, museums and the parks. If included in rate, the breakfast is very nice. The rooms are large. Occasionally, we have been given rooms in odd locations or in unrenovated condition and insisted on another. The staff has been accomodating. My only warning to travelers is the importance of requesting an inward facing room away from the Tesco Supermarket loading dock. Trucks deliver all night, with doors slamming and backup truck alarms blaring. To make matters even crazier, The recycle bins are emptied at 5am! It was like an explosion. We literally were kept awake all night. It was the one time the hotel was busy and several days before our room was switched.

Room Tip: Request an inward facing room. Avoid rooms facing the Tesco Supermarket loading dock. theres banging all night. The recycle bins are also located in the same area and are emptied at 5am. Unbearably loud!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JeanO587

Dear JeanO587,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to know that you normally enjoy your stays at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and that you are satisfied with our room standards and breakfast.

I apologise sincerely for any noise issues you experienced previously. We have projects for the future to minimise external noise and your comments will be taken ito consideration.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I booked a 3 night trip as we were going to see Cirque du Soleil at the Royal Albert Hall. When we arrived we were welcomed by an extremely pleasant lady at Reception (Estefani) who informed us that we were getting upgraded, so we were already off to a good start. The room on the 5th floor was spacious, comfortable and quiet! and had everything we needed. We checked in on Sunday afternoon so the hotel probably wasnt very busy but even so, it was the first time we had been upgraded.

The staff at the concierge's desk were also very helpful, showing us how to get to Sloan Square on foot and giving us a detailed map.

The tube station is only 100 yards away and with the Piccadilly and District and Circle Lines two of the busiest in London, you will never have to wait more than 3-4 minutes for a train.

Our deal booked on the internet also included breakfast, which we wouldnt otherwise have paid for (£18.50 pp) and it was excellent. Good choice of hot and cold food and the staff were always on hand to see if the dishes needed replenished.

We ate out in the evenings. There are numerous quality restaurants within a few hundred yards of the hotel. A little further afield, The St Moritz (Swiss Restaurant) in Wardour Street is well worth a visit

The Bar in the hotel is a little quiet. We prefered to go 50 yards up the road to the bar at the Millennium Baileys Hotel, which is always buzzing! People tend to come in after work for a quick drink there and there is always a great atmosphere in it. We stayed at the Millennium Baileys last year and it was a fair bit more expensive, so that's a consideration if you cant decide which to choose.

We always have a few days in London at this time of the year and I would say there is a very good chance that will be back at the Millennium Gloucester in 2014.

3  Thank Brian J
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf of Mr Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Brian J,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback.

I was very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are likely to return in 2014!

I have shared your feedback with the team and I thank you on their behalf. It is very rewarding and motivating to hear comments like yours.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us.

Executive office