Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
galahotels.com
$288
$279
5,090 results
All reviewsclub roomtube stationpiccadilly linescience museumtesco expressheathrow airportexcellent locationinternet accesswest endconciergekensingtonwaitroseconferencepubsfoyer
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel, on first impression is glamorous, however the room smelt and the service in the bar and restaurant was poor. After waiting at an empty bar for 10mins my group left without drinks, the staff were more concerned in arranging furniture for the arrival of a party than the 6 of us already there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf of Mr Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear ClampetsIreland,

Thank you for your review.

I apologise sincerely for the shortfall in service. I assure you that your experience does not reflect the high standards of service we strive to provide.

I passed your comments to the management and your concerns will be addressed accordingly. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and please accept my apologies.

If you wish to discuss this matter further or if you have more comments, please feel free to contact me on danila.junglee@millenniumhotels.co.uk.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I will start by saying that the Millennium Gloucester hotel in London is certainly very impressive on first impressions. The staff ae incredibly courteous and polite, the foyer and buildings appearance is exactly what I would excpect from a good hotel.

Upon arrival, my check in experience was certainly very good with porters carrying my bags and the check in staff went through everything that you would need to know about the hotel and facilities. It is indeed a short walk from Gloucester Road tube station.

The decor of the hotel is again very good, but it is when you get into the room that you start to notice small things which aren't right. My room in the hotel was standard and I found the facilities severely lacking.

First of all, the door stop in the bathroom was in pieces (I did a small bit of DIY to reattach it - but this is not something I should have to do). The TV also did not work - and this was reported to the reception desk. They did send a technician to fix this, but it took over an hour for him to arrive. All of the plug sockets are located on the floor and there were none near the bed, so plugging in mobile phone chargers either requires leaving it on the floor, or climbing under the desk to plug it in. This was the same for the kettle, although due to the length of cable this would not reach to a table so clearly there is a Health & Safety risk to this. The bed itself was very large and comfortable and the air condintioning worked very well.

I only ate in the bar area and can describe the food as being reasonably priced and of reasonable quality. I decided on fish and chips for the first meal and I was served a great looking piece of hand battered fish, although it was full of bones. The tartre sauce appeared to be homemade and very good, however the overall quality of the meal was not what I would call great. The second evening I trie dtheir Gloucester burger and although the taste on thie was great, there was too much gristle which of me indicates the use of low quality mince. I did mention this to the waiting staff who were incredibly apologetic, but there was nothing done to correct this.

I would certainly recommend this hotel for the location and prices, however if you want great food I would suggest eating elsewhere. They do though, make a mean martini and this certainly would be hard to beat.

3  Thank Gareth_Saunders

Dear Gareth_Saunders,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I passed your comments to the relevant managers who will discuss and address the points you raised. I apologise for any inconvenience and I thank you for bringing these issues to our attention as it will help us improve and maintain our standards.

On a positive note, I am glad to see that you scored us highly im many aspects of your stay like as cleanliness, sleep quality and service.

If you have more comments or if you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contac me.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I spent the previous evening in a low cost chain that outperformed this high end hotel in almost all areas. I had been pre-registered by the international company for who I do some consultancy but no-one was around to look after this and the concierge came to my help.
Room large and comfortable. Insufficient sockets to support the requirements of the modern traveller who wants to recharge mobile phone, laptop etc. Excessive pricing for wi-fi that should come free in a top hotel in my view. Towels rough to touch and removed some of the luxury as well as effectively scouring me! Breakfast was poor - cold bacon and congealed eggs have never been a favourite of mine. Maybe the hotel was determined to contribute to the overseas guests receiving the absence of food quality that is legend abroad.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

it is a very nice place to be in, you will be near Harrodds, Parklane but with better price... the hotel is good however the bathroom is not that great. you will find cracked areas..but overall its advantage is the location near the tube and surrounded by restaurants % cafes

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Nasser Q,

Thank you very much for this positive review.

I am glad that you were very satisfied with our convenient location, next to the Underground Station and in a lovely area in the heart of Kensington.

I passed your comments about the bathroom to the relevant manager for discussion and action.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I decided to have a midweek break in London,and we stayed here as I had a special offer through a website. It proved to be a very good decision. You feel special as soon as you approach the door and it is opened for you by a uniformed doorman and greeted warmly. We booked a Club room, which also gave us access to the club refreshment room, which unfortunately we didn't have chance to take advantage of.
We found the hotel to be ideally situated in Kensington, very close to Gloucester Road Underground station as has been previously mentioned, and some good restaurants nearby. The room was very comfortable and well equipped. There were 3 light bulbs out which was disappointing, especially as one was in the bathroom. We also had a problem in the bar on our second night - we couldn't get a glass of red wine, as they only had 3 bottles which were for sale as bottles only - however these were only minor irritants and our overall stay, including an excellent breakfast service was very comfortable and a very pleasant part of our London break and we would definitely return there - if we could get the same deal!!

Room Tip: The club room is a good size, and includes free Wi-fi in the room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear SteveW08,

Thank you for your review!

I was very pleased to read your positive comments and I was glad to know that the little mishaps did not spoil your midweek break in London. I apologise for the shortfall in service and I passed your feedback to the relevant departments.

I do hope that you return to stay with us in the future.