4,581 results
All reviews kensington palace kensington high street min jiang bertie's bar overlooking kensington gardens garden room hyde park queen room albert hall room service star hotel excellent hotel afternoon tea perfect location tube station london hotel west end
Selected filters

Hello,

I have several comments -

Pushing two single beds together does not constitute a King sized bed - especially as one of them was higher than the other.

I was told by guests services, that because I had booked direct they would place some fruit in my room upon arrival. On the second day, I called to ask where it was and there was an apology and two hours later it arrived - 3 bananas and an inedible peach.

Also, I had previously asked Guest services that since I'm a regular customer (this was my 3rd visit this year) whether I could get an early morning check-in. I was told that they would try. Then I never heard back. On arrival, I was told I'd be billed for two nights. I thought as a good-will gesture, you would just charge me for a half a day for the early check-in. Very disappointing.

Please advise and give me your comments. My email address is lionelconway20@gmail.com

Best,
Lionel

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vladimir s, Front Office Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay at the Royal Garden Hotel. I was very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the issues you mentioned. As requested, I reached out to you on your personal email address.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is in a perfect location for walking, eating and strolling in the parks. The staff are helpful and friendly and the rooms are clean and roomy Ask for an upgrade and you may get a view of London at night.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent 5-star review regarding your recent stay at the Royal Garden Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and liked so many aspects of your stay. We will be looking for your return and hope that you will get in touch with us so we can help make your stay even more special with our Royalty Rewards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's location next to Kensington Palace seems to be a selling point but really this hotel is not worth the money and there are better areas to stay. Our Queen room was extremely small and bland, poor soundproofing from a faulty window meant we could hear street noise and shouting well into the early hours of morning which woke us up. Housekeeping turn down didn't happen 2nd night so no water for us, insinuated we'd left the do not disturb light on (hadn't).
The decor is very dated, bland and scruffy especially in the dining room. Service in dining room was excellent and breakfast good. I would not class this as a 5 star hotel but it will survive because there are always enough people visiting London to fill the rooms, however, I will look elsewhere next time.

TOP TIPS
Travelling to/ from Gatwick Airport? Outside of rush hour a cheap and easy option with great views is by bus and train. Buses from the front of the hotel go to Victoria Station (52) or better still to Clapham Junction railway station (49) then you can get a train to Gatwick. Tap in with debit contactless card on buses and at train stations.
You can walk through Kensington Palace Garden then into central London, it's a nice walk, easy and flat and took us about 15 minutes to walk to corner of Hyde Park/ Constitution Hill about another 15-20 to get to Piccadilly.
The Underground is pretty horrendous, noisy, very hot quite difficult to work out and usually lots of changes needed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The location of the Royal Garden Hotel at the entry of Hyde Park next to Kensington Palace is unique. An excelent location to be and very well connected to the rest of the city via underground. Unless you have a garden view room, however, the rooms are very tiny. I had a king bed that looked more like a queen sized bed and walking around it was not in the realm of possibilities. This meant that I also had only a small desk. Bathroom was well equiped, but its always unfortunate if you have to shower in a bath tub in a 5-star hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay at the Royal Garden Hotel. We are grateful for you taking time and share your experience with the fellow travellers. I am glad that you found the location of the hotel excellent due to its proximity to the parks, High Street, and local transport connections. Many of our guests do decide to book Garden King rooms, as they offer more space and beautiful views over the park. We do recognise that if someone staying for a longer period of time, this category is the best choice.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the Royal Garden Hotel.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Have stayed before during trips to London. Great location on Kensington high street near the palace gates. Beautiful rooms that are spotless. Breakfast is delicious and service always amazing. Will be back in the near future (hopefully).

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent 5-star review regarding your recent stay at the Royal Garden Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and particularly liked the location of the hotel. It is great to hear that you found our service amazing, rooms clean, and your breakfast delicious.

Once again, thank you for your support and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.