“Nice hotel and kensington is real nice too”
Review of Royal Garden Hotel

Royal Garden Hotel
Ranked #92 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 22, 2013

a very nice, clean hotel, i can really recommend staying in kensington too. been to london a couple of times but always stayed closer to oxford street/covent garden.
hotel had very friendly and helpful staff, they let me use the internet-room for no charge even tho it was supposed to cost.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,589)

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just returned from a conference event at the hotel and was delighted with the whole experience. Food was excellent and all staff I dealt with were extremely helpful. The room was a great size with separate seating area. Bathroom with heated flooring and large walk in shower area, great attention to detail all around. Will definitely return to this venue soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank brownba
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am very happy to hear that you were delighted during your recent stay with us and that the conference went well. I am also pleased that our renovated rooms were to your liking and that you plan on coming back to us soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had our wedding at this excellent hotel. Every member of staff we interacted with, from the initial enquiry to checkout, was extremely courteous and professional. Furthermore, their events team were all extremely pleasant and were sincere in their congratulations and efforts on our behalf.

During all of our various meeting and discussions, we were met with nothing but courtesy, patience and understanding, even when our requirements bordered on the unreasonable! Their flexibility as regards our ever changing requests was extremely appreciated. Their advice regarding the various aspects of the arrangements, whether it was to do with layout or managing costs, was all well received and extremely helpful.

Thanks a bunch Martin!

The food on the night was a hit, and enjoyed by all including my wife and I, with the little we managed to eat in between all the dancing!

The room we stayed in afterwards had was spacious, clean, excellently furnished and with beautiful views of the park.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback and congratulations. I am delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your wedding day at the Royal Garden Hotel. I am especially happy to learn that the staff made everything run smoothly and that we could meet all your requests. We strive to be a flexible 5-Star hotel so I am proud to hear that this was reflected during your event here with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We just held a 4 day confererence for 240 people at the Royal Garden Hotel and I cannot recommend it highly enough. The staff were outstanding, nothing was too much trouble, requests were actioned quickly, everyone was super friendly, professional and efficient, food was fantastic, location, meeting rooms and bedrooms were ideal. I would definitely be advising other clients to use this hotel as they strive for top service and excellence all the time and achieve it. Well done everyone that helped us out during the past few days and I look forward to coming back to you again in the near future :)

Room Tip: We did not receive any negative comments about any of the rooms. All very clean and well maintained.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments. I am delighted to hear that the conference was a great success; I am especially happy to hear that the staff were ‘outstanding’ and that you would be happy to recommend the Royal Garden Hotel to others for future events.

We look forward to welcoming you back whether staying for business or pleasure.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at the Royal Garden Hotel while travelling alone in London. The hotel is clean and modern, the staff friendly and the location's great. For the price I paid, incredible value. The only odd thing is that there is a lack of electrical outlets where you would expect them (bathroom).

The bus stop is right in front of the hotel and the tube's about a 10 minute walk (feels longer with a suitcase!). I treated myself to a cab to airport, and that was about a 55GBP ride.

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Thank you for making my stay feel safe and comfortable.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The biggest disappointment was on arrival being told that I had to pay 20 pounds a day for WiFi even though I was positive that it had been included. I was told this is only the case if the booking was done directly through the hotel. However upon my return home I have found a printout I made of the "new fantastic benefits that you can receive by booking online or via a preferred partner" which included "Free internet (WiFi) to all guests". That statement seems pretty clear to me! I was also disappointed to find errors on my account amounting to 98 pounds. The final gripe was returning to my hotel room at 4 pm one day after having left early in the morning to find the room had not been serviced. I was told that I should have put the green light on. Again for a 5 star hotel I would have expected the room to have been serviced regardless. One last point is that the hotel is exceptionally busy so I was unable to stay later than the normal check out time of 12 pm.

Room Tip: If you want a more peaceful stay it might be better to pay more for a room with a garden view as I...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations, especially in regards to the internet charges. I would really appreciate if you could contact us on feedback@royalgardenhotel.co.uk so we can fully understand the issue you raised regarding the overcharge and also to learn how your booking was made. I can confirm that we currently have a promotion running that entitles complimentary Wi-Fi to those who book through our website or through selected preferred travel agents, which is why you may not have received the offer and why it would be good to know who you made the booking with. I apologise if this was not clear when you made the booking and will look to review how we promote this to avoid this situation being repeated in the future.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Amazing how 1 thing can move a hotel rating from 5 to 1. In this day and age for a hotel to charge customers for wifi if they have not booked directly with the hotel is an abomination. It is akin to trying to turn on the lights & having reception say "oh sorry we'll charge you £20 for that because you used a travel agent"!!!!! This is an exceptional hotel in a great location - the 4 staff who did not have the "authority" to resolve my issue were professional & empathetic, the breakfast was excellent as were the staff, the concierge great. Wake up management of this hotel - to discriminate against busy professionals who use travel agents is beyond the pale - if 3 star b&b's in the Isles can live in the 21st century so can you. My trip to London was extremely inconvenienced because I chose to stay with you - had to go to the local coffee shop to remain in contact with my work & family for the price of a cup of coffee - not my $300 a night room
- that should tell you something.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lferretter

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am really happy to hear that the service you received during your stay with us was to your satisfaction. However, I am concerned to learn of your disappointment with our Wi-Fi charge. I would really appreciate if you could email us at feedback@royalgardenhotel.co.uk in order for us to contact you personally to learn how your booking was made; we do currently have a promotion running that entitles complimentary Wi-Fi to those who book trough our website or through selected preferred travel agents so it would be good to understand how your booking was made. Please accept my apologies if this was not clear when you booked your stay with us.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kin regards,