“Nice location & beautiful hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Garden Hotel

Royal Garden Hotel
Ranked #91 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Doha, Qatar
“Nice location & beautiful hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great hotel in High Street Kensington, and high street ken station is a very short walk across the street.

It's a little far from central, but you're right next to hyde park. If you want to take the Central line tube, walk across the park, and you'll get to queensway station.

The reason I gave this 4 stars is that there was some noise at night, you can hear everyone in the hallway.

I would book here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Wesam S
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Royal Garden Hotel, especially the convenient location of the hotel in leafy Kensington.

However, I am concerned to learn that your stay was disturbed by noise; our aim is to ensure our high levels of service at all times, so please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We are constantly striving to maintain our standards and consistency of service and will review our policies accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Graham Bamford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have stayed in some hotels in London but this is the best so far. Now before you go saying there are better hotels - there are and I am sure that I will struggle to find them. For value, for cleanliness, for hospitality and location then I will be going back here.
The hotel is on the corner of Hyde Park and behind Kensington Palace. I like to run and i have always stayed close to the park but this is right there. There is also a good mix of shops, bars and restaurants around the hotel.
The rooms are small but hey that's London. The breakfast buffet is very good and the bar upstairs also has a good seleciton of drinks for a late night drink.

Room Tip: If you get the chance ask for a room overlooking the park. It may be more expensive but worth asking...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that the Royal Garden Hotel is the best hotel you have stayed at in London. I am also glad to know that you especially enjoyed our cleanliness and hospitality, the breakfast buffet at Park Terrace Restaurant, the good selection of drinks at Bertie’s bar and our convenient location.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed for three nights in early August on a sightseeing trip that took in 3 Royal residences and the Houses of Parliament. So the schedule was fairly hectic. The Royal garden was a great retreat.

The things that stand-out are

- The location which is great if you're running round the West side of London. Pretty close to the tube and on the number 9 bus route (which is a good route for tourist attractions). Also right next to Kensington Palace (excellent place to visit) and the gardens. It's worth paying more for a room with a view over the gardens.

- The service which was both efficient and friendly without being fake over-friendly.

The restaurants are both excellent although a little pricey (with outrageous prices for wine). I'd certainly recommend the Park terrace for a pot of tea to calm down after a day's sightseeing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotia, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Really nice hotel. Large room with small sitting area that boasted big windows affording a view of Kensington High Street. Staff was extremely helpful with dinner reservations, directions, and overall tourist questions. Stayed three nights and could have stayed another three. Nice location, within walking distance to the park and the subway; taxis are readily available as well. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

First visit to the Hotel, as an experieince very good hotel in an excellent location. If you are a famaily of 3 the executive rooms overlooking the garden / park are great.

The Hotel is on the corner of Hyde Park Kenisngton side, no better location for quick access to the park.

We did not try any F&B facilities as we have family very close by, rooms are spacious very clean and access to and from the hotel is ideal. Only one negative comment i would have expected a better in room entertainment on the TV, true when in London you visit the sites, but when it rains would have been nice to have a better selection on the TV.

No hesitation will choose the same hotel again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
sheffield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Staying at the Royal Garden Hotel finally in the early 1980's could not have meant more to me,
as an office junior in a Chartered Accountants office, in 1972 it was one of my duties to handle the travel arrangements to London, on the Master Cutler train from Sheffield to London and then make the hotel accomadation and meal bookings for the senior partners of the company, thats when The Royal Garden Hotel came onto my radar,
Telephoning and arranging the booking was always a thrill for me, the reservation staff were courteous and charming and I could not believe that I was speaking to someone in London, (I was only 17 at the time) I asked could they possibly mail me a copy of the Hotel details, I had to see this place for myself, and so they did from then I was smitten and vowed one day I would stay at this fabulous HoteI.I did on many occasions.
Fast forward to 2013 and after several wonderful stays here over the years , the bubble has burst,After an absence of five years we returned for a three night break and were met at reception on check in by total indifference, not the usual RGH experience we had known previously, and on the internet deal criteria we were entitled to, only wifi was made known to us, and rather as an afterthought, no daily newspaper materialised, and no supplementary meal vouchers offering us a discount for lunch or dinner were given to us, not good enough.Our room was adequate, but there was no wow factor, it seemed narrow.and on our last night a funtion held in the restaurant on the 10th floor emitted smells that filtered down to our room, not pleasant.
Changes have been made to the bar area adjoining Park terrace turning it into a rather uncomfortable cafe, where are the fabulous comfy sofa's where we enjoyed drinks until late, and delicious club sandwiches and tasty light meals, Beries bar is still there, but it is not a place to linger.There is no lounge to relax in.
Our experience was not a happy one, and one we will not repeat, after illness over the past couple of years prevented me from travelling too great a distance, when I was able we thought that trip to London would be in order, sadly we chose the wrong Hotel to spend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to review your stay with us. I am disappointed to read that this recent stay did not meet your expectations; I believe that we have been in contact both before and after your stay to respond to your requests and comments.

We do offer complimentary daily newspapers to all guests which can be found in the lobby and restaurant entrances. Lunch and dinner discount vouchers are indeed available to guests on the promotional rate booked and I understand these were in fact issued the next day and I apologise for not having issued these to you on arrival. Our guest relations team are always available to address concerns during your stay.

Please accept my apologies once again.

Kind Regards,

Ringwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We 'ended up' at the Park Terrace restaurant on a voucher deal, as the hotel we were staying in had shut it's kitchen for August! ( the supposed 5* Cadogen ) it turned out lucky for us ! The 4 of us enjoyed a fabulous meal - cocktail, 3 exceptional courses, cheese, coffee and petit fours. Terrific value (£60 for 2) excellent service from Michael, who made us feel most welcome. (We never once felt we were 'on a deal') Will definitely return to stay, next time we visit London.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Park Terrace Restaurant. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your meal and that your waiter Michael made your experience extra special.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Kind regards,