Royal Garden Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
3,670 results
All reviewskensington palacepark terracekensington high streetmin jiangbertie's bargarden roomoverlooking kensington gardenshyde parkgreat hotelqueen roomalbert hallroom servicestar hotelexcellent locationafternoon teatop floortube station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed a week and you do need to have a room which over looks Kensington Gardens. The Concierge desk were all very helpful regarding booking restaurants and directions. A central hotel for walks in the park and Kensington High Street Shopping. The breakfasts were just about OK, definitely not free range eggs and my husbands haddock smelt very strong and fishy and was definitely not fresh. There was no large screen for several of us who wanted to watch Wimbledon and have lunch. The main gripe was that they have very few irons and ironing boards and when you have been travelling other wives like me want to press they husbands shirts and it appears that if someone has borrowed one then they keep in their room and there just were not enough to share around,. They have so many staff from overseas who sadly do not have enough experience or charm for their customers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Judy,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your walks and shopping in Kensington. I am also glad to hear that our Concierge desk was very helpful with recommending restaurants and directions.

However, I am disappointed to hear that your breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback has been passed to our Executive Chef and his team who will review and monitor the standards of quality.

We also appreciate your comments in regards to the irons/ironing boards. I have passed on your remarks to the relevant departments for consideration as we understand that our longer stay guests do retain them, therefore compromising the availability for other guests.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Went to the big restaurant / coffee area on the weekend. It's hard to fathom how a service industry can have such poor staff, impolite & unwelcoming, totally uncoordinated and just leave you feeling you are totally unwelcome. I feel really bad for the GM and the other good front of house staff, especially the great doorman, that the restaurant staff are so consistently appalling, badly trained and have NO idea how to address customers.

Staff training needed urgently here or time to let people move on and find something they are better suited to.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MrFrankReviews
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Mr. Frank,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment following your recent visit to one of our restaurants. I have passed on your remarks to our Food & Beverage Director and we would be really grateful if you could e-mail us at feedback@royalgardenhotel.co.uk with some details of the restaurant and the time & date of your experience. In this way we can investigate further and ensure that improvements are made accordingly.

Thanks for your feedback and we will appreciate the opportunity to address this issue with your assistance.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Have been staying at this hotel for the past few years whenever I go to London for short trips.
Excellent and central location - there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel so I just hop on to go to Knightsbridge, Oxford Street etc. The Kensington High St tube is also a stone's throw away. I love that it's right next to Kensington Park as I'm an avid jogger so it's great to be able to just jump out the door and go jogging in 3 minutes.

While I was given complimentary Wi-fi, it kept going on and off and you had to log in again and if you go too near the door of the hotel, it will go off easily. There is a Chinese restaurant Min Jiang which is a branch of a Singapore Chinese restaurant that is overrated (said to be one of the best Chinese restaurants in London0 but stil decent.

The flush system of the toilet didn't work so well this time and I had to call room service for assistance , but it did not happen before. Rooms are decent sized and if it's facing the park, you will have a lovely view.

The major good point of this hotel is it's great location, easy for visitors to meet up with you.

Room Tip: request if possible a room facing the park.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while Wimbledon was on, not sure if we paid over the odds but given its not near Wimbledon I would hope not. The room was so small I felt claustrophobic in it, and to have to pay £20 for Wi Fi is a joke. This hotel is certainly nothing special, it's pleasant but nothing more. I certainly will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay overall.
Our rooms have been recently refurbished and are spacious for central London standards. However, do not hesitate to enquire about our more spacious room types or suites for your next visit.

We also appreciate your comments in regards to the internet and please note that we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi and other benefits when reservations are booked directly through the hotel. Please visit our website to discover more.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here with my mom for four nights at the end of May 2013. We had a contemporary twin room on a higher floor that overlooked Kensington High Street (unfortunately not the park, but still very nice). We very much enjoyed our stay. The location is great and just a few blocks from the Kensington High Street tube station which we easily took to Westminster, Tower of London, etc. The hotel is also located on the no. 9 bus route which also brings you to/from the touristy areas in London. The room itself was spacious and had a nice couch area and table so we had a place to relax after a long day walking around the city. The bathroom was large and had a soaking tub with separate shower. The concierge had great recommendations for dinner nearby. If you stay here, make sure to take a walk around Kensington gardens and down embassy row right by the hotel as it was beautiful. The only negative comment I have is that the wifi was a pain. The hotel gives you a card with a code for free wifi for 24 hours. But since we were there for four days it was sort of inconvenient to have to get a new passcode every day. Other than that, everything was wonderful and I highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KristenUW
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Kristen,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you and your mum had an enjoyable stay at the Royal Garden Hotel. I am especially glad to hear that you enjoyed your spacious Twin room and its view to Kensington High Street, the customer service from Concierge and the hotel location which conveniently connected you to London’s main attractions. We are reviewing our internet policies and procedures soon, and will look to use your feedback to improve our services.

We look forward to welcoming you, family and friends again in the near future.

Royal Garden Hotel