Royal Garden Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
3,670 results
All reviewskensington palacepark terracekensington high streetmin jiangbertie's bargarden roomoverlooking kensington gardenshyde parkgreat hotelqueen roomalbert hallroom servicestar hotelexcellent locationafternoon teatop floortube station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in a king room with our 18 month old son. Obviously we were nervous regarding what exactly the hotel would be like, but I can honestly say it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at.

1. Location. Easy access to exhibition road, and obviously Hyde park! Especially with kids, you will have no epic walks to get to interesting places.
Also there is parking under the hotel, so just pull up and hand over your keys.

2. Staff. From the minute we arrived nothing was too much trouble. Staff were friendly, welcoming, not a touch of arrogance, and service in the restaurants was again complete quality

3. Food. We ate at both restaurants and had room service. I simply cannot fault it. Perfectly cooked food. The park terrace was especially good with kids. A good child menu, high chairs and attentive staff.

4. Room. We had a king room with a mews aspect on a high floor. It was clean, spacious and quiet. A travel cot was provided which was in great condition.

5. Value. It's a 5* hotel so you pay for that, but the quality is also 5*, so personally I had no issue with value. I don't think you will find a much cheaper 5* hotel in the same vicinity and the food is actually perfectly reasonable for the quality you get.

I could go on, but you probably get it! We only wish we could have stayed longer, and intend to return later this year if possible. I probably wouldn't even look at another hotel in this area. When googling 'best hotels in London with kids' this one didn't come up - it should!!!!

As if it needed any more, on our last night Jimmy Page, was outside chatting with someone (apparently its used by music execs a lot).

From us it was 100%

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Royal Garden Hotel for business and found this property perfectly located on Kensington high street. You will find many shopping options around and very good restaurants nearby. The room I had was very well maintained, facing the street, with a small living room area. Breakfast service is good, with nice offer of fresh fruits. Kensington park is just in the corner which is a plus if you love to go jogging like I do before or after a long working day. Maybe the reception can be a little more client oriented by paying more attention to the clients while in the lobby, especially during the afternoon and night shift, but the all staff in general was very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very nice hotel right next to Kensington Palace with views of the Park from the excellent Chinese restaurant on the 10th Floor
A Singaporean Hotel so has many guests from Asia and Arabia
Rooms, as you would expect are comfortable and the location is ideal for Ken High St or Harrods a bus ride away. The Park is lovely to walk in and a visit to Kensington Palace and the Albert Hall and memorial is a must.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed in a lovely suite overlooking Kensington Gardens and the skyline of London. Excellent room with every convenience. Decor minimalist but high quality. Service exemplary.

One flaw though...the mattress in our room was awful. I was told the hotel had been totally refurbished very recently so why our mattress was dipping and provided no support was a mystery. So I looked at the label on the mattress and found it advertised on the internet - it costs £300 for a super-king size. Why a hotel would put a cheap and nasty mattress into a room costing £500 a night is disturbing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank m1sog
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to hear that you were happy with your room and with our standards of service.

With regard to the mattress, I was disappointed to read your comments. We receive many positive remarks about the comfort of our beds. All of our mattresses are made to hotel contract specification and we selected a superior specification. Could you kindly email me details of your stay so that we can investigate further? Please email feedback@royalgardenhotel.co.uk.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Royal Garden Hotel on a future occasion.

Warm Regards,
Royal Garden Hotel

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We ate a pre theatre meal before going to the Royal Albert Hall for a show.The staff were very friendly and attentive and the 2 course dinner was excellent.
We would certainly return next time we are going to a show.
The food was excellent and the breads were lovely and a nice glass of wine was included in the price,we felt the meal was good value for money,and had some lovely handmade cookies with our coffees.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends