“A very good hotel.”

Ranked #97 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“A very good hotel.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We treated ourselves to a two night stay at this hotel whilst visiting London for a Christening. We were not disappointed. The service was for the most part friendly and efficient. The room was comfortable with very good views over the gardens at the back of the hotel and the cocktails were some of the best I have tried anywhere.

Two small moans though nothing really spoilt our stay. I had to ask twice for an iron and ironing board to be sent to our room. Service was slow when we decided to eat in the bar. Having enjoyed our cocktails we decided to have a light supper and were moved to a different table and then neglected. Service was good when we did attract the attention of the waiter however.

I would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed with a friend for 5 nights mid March and we had an upgrading, a beautiful room with a view on the park. The room was big, not a tiny box as in other hotels and very quiet. We really uppreciated our stay at the hotel. Nearby you find all types of restaurants and shops. Hope to come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over the bank holiday, very expensive the rooms were very cold as the heating did not work properly. We had a meal in the Chinese resturant on floor 10, had not seen a menu like that before and could not believe the price it was so expensive and they tried to add on a service charge aswell. The staff in the hotel were friendly enough apart from the resturant staff who tend to look down at you unless you were wearing a Armani suit. We have been to hotel resturants all round Europe and have never been treated like that, service was so slow because they did not like the look of us I think. Would not stay there again untill they trained their staff better in good manners

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve W
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel staff friendly.

I am sorry to hear that your experience in Min Jiang was not as expected. I have passed on your comments to the restaurant manager who will discuss the standards of service with the team, to ensure its excellent reputation as London’s leading Chinese restaurant is maintained.

In regards to the heating system, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our staff next time to report any issues. I can assure you that we could have investigated the fault and get it fixed.

Please accept our apologies once again for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

I hope that you can give us the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2013

In order not to be biased against the hotel, I recently wrote a scathing review about how the hotel handled a late night / early morning Fire Alarm. Well, I went back to the hotel last week for a three night stay with my wife and daughters, and I am happy to say that there was no fire alam, but more importantly, the hotel standards were very high, and what you would expect from a 5* Hotel in London.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Reluctant_business
Billericay
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Easter for the third time at this hotel. Reception staff are wonderful, they really couldn't be more helpful and friendly.
We stayed in a Garden room. The room was not huge but very comfortable with everything you could want, including that fabulous view over Kensington Gardens and the Palace.
This hotel is perfect for breakfast in your room, something we don't normally do, but who could miss those views whilst sitting in the raised area eating breakfast ( and an excellent selection to)

We use this hotel to indulge when we visit Royal Albert Hall for a concert. There is nothing better than a stroll back down Kensington after a concert with no time pressure and then into Berties for a refreshing drink and superb club sandwich.
If we had a criticism it was the very slow service for food in the bar but as we were relaxing it didn't really spoil things for us.

Room Tip: The garden rooms give superb views over London and Kensington Gardens
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Milford on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This 5 star hotel on the edge of Kensington gardens can't be faulted. 5 star without being pretentious. Friendly staff and good size rooms. Some overlooking the park. Two good restaurants, one serving Singaporian/Asian on the top floor with views over the park (remember to order the duck in advance of your visit). Breakfast is excellent, served in the ground floor restaurant. Look out for deals on the Internet. Bedrooms now have free wifi.

Room Tip: Choose a high room for views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here for three nights over the Easter weekend. The rooms are comforting and the staff friendly, but the service isn't quite five-star standard.

Twice I had housekeeping wake me up with a phone call asking whether I would like my room cleaned - despite having the 'Do Not Disturb' sign lit outside my room. After the first time I asked them not to call again, but they seemed to forget for the next day. After I requested they clean my room, I was told they would do it 'immediately' - yet two hours later after I returned from lunch the room hadn't been cleaned and I had to call them again.

The room service and restaurant food was very good and the waiters very friendly and charismatic. However, when calling for food the operator sounded dazed and it took a while for him to recompose before he took my order.

All in all, the rooms, location and facilities are great. The service is lacking though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Naz A
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the Royal Garden Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that our rooms are comfortable and our staff are friendly. I very much regret that you were disturbed when Housekeeping called to check if you would like your room cleaned regardless of having the ‘Do Not Disturb’ light on. I have passed on your comments to the Executive Housekeeper who will be reminding the team to physically check before calling a guest room.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,