“It was OK, but I didn't get value for money”
Review of Royal Garden Hotel

Ranked #93 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Interesting hotel. Check in was quick. Room service was delicious. The room was clean and functional (loved the ipod docking station) but it lacked personality. I was just a number (room 214, for your information). And the air conditioning was really loud and ineffective. And the meal I had at the function I went to (at the hotel) was AWFUL. The bed was quite comfy but nothing special. I looked out over Kensington High Street... All in all, was it worth the £260 I paid for one night? I'm going to say no. Not special. Just OK.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the room service meal, the Reception efficiency and the cleanliness and functionality of your room. I am sorry that you felt your room lacked personality and that the air conditioning did not work as efficiently as it should. Please do not hesitate to contact any member of our staff next time to report any issues, I can assure you that we could have investigated the fault and get it fixed. In regards to the function you attended, please email us at feedback@royalgardenhotel.co.uk with more details in order to investigate this further.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Royal Garden Hotel

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I spent a Saturday night here with my sister. From the moment we approached the entrance, to when we left everything was just perfect.The staff cannot do enough for you.The room we had overlooked Kensington gardens & palace which was wonderfull.The breakfast was amazing, beautiful ingredients & all hot & fresh, in a room overlooking Kensington Gardens.We had the added bonus of seeing Prince William & Kate leave the palace & be driven away accompanied by police outriders!
The hotel is perfectly situated & only a few minutes walk from Kensington High St tube station in one direction, & The Royal Albert Hall in the other direction.
Cannot fault it, thanks for an amazing stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Kensington Gardens
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed here last Saturday. The first thing is Reception. The welcome was very good and highly professional. Room Service, Housekeeping and the Concierge were were always prompt to accomodate and assist where necessary.
If you are looking for a relaxing stay in a good location this is the place to stay.
The quality of the hotel and its staff have been brilliant.
I can suggest eating at the Park Terrace which is stunning.
I would certainly choose this hotel on our next stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2013

From the moment we walked into the RGH you felt welcomed by a personal vibe- often rare in such grand opulent surroundings. The check in was quick and friendly and the room was perfect- breathtaking views of the park. All the facilities in the rooms were built for comfort and relaxation- perfect if you are tired from shopping/sight-seeing. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LondonAdventurers
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and each time the quality of the hotel and its staff have been superb. Everyone is friendly and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are a very high standard as are the restaurants. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough for a weekend in London and would also suggest eating at the Min Jiang which is stunning!! loved it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your previous stay at the Royal Garden Hotel. I am delighted to hear your lovely comments and to know that you enjoyed everything about your stay, especially the high quality of the hotel bedrooms, the customer service from our staff and the experience at Min Jiang Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the hotel the service was excellent. Our room was not ready so we received a complimentary upgrade. The views over Hyde park are lovely.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful.

Our breakfast was outstanding and nothing was too much trouble.

The only thing that I think needs improving is the bar, but this really is minor.

We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed there for a dinner dance, the rooms are really nice and had a good view of the Kensington gardens.
The food at the dinner dance was good considering there was 250 people there but the drinks were expensive.
The only downside was the breakfast buffet and for £25 each it is a rip off and really bad value for money and if I stay there again I wouldn't have breakfast as it is stale and cold!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the dinner dance and the view from our Garden Rooms. We appreciate your feedback about the breakfast and I am really sorry to hear that this was the only downside of your stay. I have passed your remarks to the Food & Beverage Manager who will be monitoring the food standards closely to be sure that the quality and consistency you experienced throughout the hotel is replicated at breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,