“Spinach Quiche was not pleasant!”

Partridges Food Market
Ranked #92 of 739 Shopping in London
uk
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 267 helpful votes
“Spinach Quiche was not pleasant!”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Upon entering the premises you are immediately wowed by the gorgeous food and drink on display. The cakes and pastries in the Deli looked particularly tempting and scrumptious, although saying that, as our visit progressed we saw 'new cakes' being taken out of their wrappings and placed in the chiller. Now, I might be a bit naive here but when I enter a place like this I like to know that the food that I am purchasing is actually made fresh on the premises. So, I was somewhat dissapointed to see that (the cakes) were bought in.

Bear in mind that I have never been here before so I do not know the machinations of how this store works and if this is standard practise then so be it.

We had lunch here which consisted of 2 Parma Ham, Mozzarella and Pesto Paninis and 1 Spinach Quiche. Both were served with a side salad. The Paninis were passable but the quiche was actually rather vile and tasteless. There was no way that the quiche could be eaten and I defy anyone to actually finish eating one!

So, all in all, I guess Partridges looks like a magical wonderland of food, and if scored on appearance alone it would definitely get top marks, but I am actually grading it on the Spinach Quiche so unfortunately it only gets a 'poor' score.

The staff were friendly and proficient and the food came out in a reasonable time. Also there was no problem asking for iced tap water.

Total cost for 2 Paninis, 1 Quiche, 1 Diet Coke, 1 Coffee & 1 Milkshake was about £26.00, which is a good price, but please guys, sort out the Spinach Quiche!!!

Visited September 2011