“my notes from the Gore Hotel”
Review of The Gore Hotel

The Gore Hotel
Ranked #237 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“my notes from the Gore Hotel”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The room was excellent, but the temperature in the room at night and in the morning could have been better. We had the degrees at18 and the aircondition at the maximum, but it wasn't enough. It was bad air.It was shamed that we couldn't open the window or the door to the balcony because if the noise from the road. And I missed more variety at the breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Indonesian first
Cheltenham
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Only used the restaurant, did not stay in hotel. Superb building, very comfortable and inviting restaurant,good varied menu, staff were very helpful and provided excellent service, food was well presented, well cooked and very tasty, thank you very much.
If the restaurant was anything to go by I should think staying there is wonderful.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great little hotel in a lovely spot, good food, friendly staff, comfortable non-hotel chain rooms and so close to The Royal Albert Hall, I have used it for business stays and family trips, one to use again and again !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Alton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed here after a gig at the Royal Albert Hall - I think I went for the luxury double - nice sized room and a nicely decorated bathroom with shower over a double ended bath (great for us, but if you're not so nimble on your toes, you could struggle to get in)

Good Points:

A shower with a water pressure that my husband says he has only dreamt about!
Very close to Royal Albert Hall
Coffee, tea, biccies and water all available in the lounge to the rear of the hotel
Quiet location (room 203 which we were in is at the back of the hotel, facing onto a quiet side street)
Lovely beds and bedding
Reception was friendly and efficient

Negative points

No tea or coffee facilities in the room (yes, you can go to the lounge which is what we did - but it would be nicer in the room!)
Food after 11.30pm seems to be only available to be served in your rooms - but the bar is still open!
Breakfast is (to our eyes) expensive, so we opted for a brunch at a nearby place.

Hove
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I was very annoyed when I wrote my last review about The Gore Hotel as they had lost my jacket from a cloakroom and were taking no responsibility. After much emailing, eventually a new manager corresponded with me and offered me a complimentary night's stay by way of compensation. My husband & I took up this offer and had a lovely time (were later charged for room service items we didn't have but this was soon resolved). So, my conclusion is that it's a great place to stay - but keep an eye on your stuff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Room was very small. I was surprised at seeing in carpeted stairways. No tea and coffee facilities in the room. People were standing outside the doors smoking until early hours of the morning, noise was very loud. Remote control for tv didn't work and had to fish under to find wall plug. Didn't enjoy my stay at the gore hotel at all, not worth the two hundred pounds I spent and that didn't include breakfast. Stay in London frequently but stayed here as it was close to royal Albert hall, position was the only good thing.

Uckfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The hotel is as expected based on style. However, my first disappointment came at check in (and you only think about these things after the event!). I was not asked if I wanted a wake-up call, or a newspaper. And whilst I knew there are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room, there was no mention of where I might be able to get a hot drink or any of the hotel facilities. In fact I feel that the gentleman at check-in was rather standoffish.
I had booked a luxury double and whilst nice I would not class it as luxury. On the plus side the bed was extremelly comfortable.
Service in bar 190 was good and staff very friendly, but again slight disappointment that the service in the bistro was a bit slow. Was booked in for an early dinner as going to the Albert Hall and really thought it would have been nice if the staff had checked whether that was why we were eating early and service could have been more prompt. I do not think that should have been up to me.
Generally for the money I would have expected a higher standard all round.