Stayed a night at Gore. Nice hotel and nice room BUT.
1. Price on net was shown ex VAT whereas others inclusive
2. An outrageous £20 for 24 hours wifi
3. Breakfast nice but an additional cost to an overpriced room
4. Gratuities added to the bill but only told so when asked what they were. One was for breakfast when all I received was my Bacon and Eggs
5. A tired old small TV and no tea making facilities in the room.
All in all the cost was no cheaper than the Kensington Hotel down the same street and that was very very much better for the same price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quintessentially British hotel, just a glance from Hyde Park, The Gore offers luxury, privacy and undeniable character in equal measure. Since 1892, The Gore has been one of the capital's truly great hotels. The ethos of discretion, seclusion and excellence has allowed us to welcome a wide variety of fascinating guests through our doors. Described by the media as the most photographed, romantic hotel in London and lived in by a wealth of regular guests who have discovered their own home away from home, The Gore is a welcoming alternative from corporate hotel chains. Complete with the iconic Bar 190, the fabulous Bistro One Ninety and three bespoke event rooms, The Gore will make sure your stay is memorable whether it's just for a few hours or for a few days. We now offer exclusive hire at the Gore Hotel for private use, whether it's a private house party, your wedding or simply a corporate team building group. This can include bedrooms, bistro, bar and our event rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Gore Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gore Hotel London
- The Gore Hotel London, England