“2 night stay at The Gore” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gore Hotel

The Gore Hotel
Ranked #233 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“2 night stay at The Gore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Excellent location for the RAH, museums and Hyde Park. Everything was great, the only complaint I would have, was there are no tea and coffee making facilities in the room. I'd say the management underestimate the relationship us British have with our Tea! The coffee machine in the Green room was superb, but when your 5 floors up, it's 6am and you have a hangover, a cup of tea in bed is the only answer, sorry guys! However, this wouldn't stop me from re-booking, just will have to buy a travel kettle.

Room Tip: We were right at the very top, 506, and you have no through corridor traffic, nice and quiet,snug, b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I enjoyed staying at The Gore. The staff throughout the hotel was friendly and generally efficient, the room was well arranged with classical furniture and for London quite spacious, the bed was comfortable and the bedroom was large, clean and had an amazing shower (just for this I would go back). Even though I did not try the Bistro it probably is a good bet for dinner. I did try the bar which supposedly gets frequented by 'famous' people (like the Rolling Stones many moons ago). A good experience and I will definitely return. If there is one recommendation I would make to the hotel is automate internet connection (do not make guest call reception) and make it free (internet should not be a money grabber and I would consider 20 GBP / day excessive).

Room Tip: It probably makes little difference which room one has.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank adolfoMontreal
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I loved this hotel for its location in Kensington. Great for shopping. Also the staff were super friendly and welcoming. I loved my room which for London was quiet and on a high floor. The breakfast is also fantastic as is the bar - both have very helpful service especially the guy who makes the espressos during the day. There is not fitness center so this might impact whether I stayed there for a longer period.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

------------------------------------------> EXCELLENT HOTEL <---------------------------------------------

I went to the Gore Hotel during one week with my friend, as a french women I like the chic and cosy hotel.
When I arrived in the Gore I understood that the hotel was better than all the best tripadvisor comments I read. The Concierges were very friendly and more than helpfull, (they showed me on the map the best shopping area, they did my restaurants booking, they even explaint to me the wonderful story of this "old" hotel. )
The receptionists were friendly and helpfull as well, very smily and polite, they looked happy to see us and made us feel special. Even the management team took time to speak we us and were ready to help.
The room was goregous you can feel the story of the building. It was spacious, cosy and really clean.
The Bistro and the Bar are really good places to spend time too, the meals and cocktails are delicious.
The location is lovely, in the center of London.
We will definitly come back to this hotel, and send our friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Lovely hotel &fantastic hideaway in Central London. Four poster bed, beautiful decor and friendly staff. Discrete bar downstairs so all you need is a couple of cheeky cocktails and you are away. An excellent hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I wanted to pick somewhere special to propose to my girlfriend and found a real gem with The Gore Hotel. Everything about this hotel is classy, yet not over the top and they do a superb job of making you feel special, yet are not overbearing. The staff and management were more than accommodating in assisting with my plans and a great deal of thanks must go to Ariane the General Manager. The Gore Hotel will always now have a special place with us (she did say yes by the way) and we are already looking forward to a return. Thank-you Gore Hotel!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have to say this is one of the most beautiful hotel that I have stayed in. Really oldy worldy. The staff were really helpful and friendly, couldn't do enough for you, the rooms were lush, the bar was really cosy. We stayed in the Queen Room which was really pretty, had a balcony, comfortable bed, air conditioning. The only problem that I had was that the mattress was so far away from the head board the pilows kept falling down the back of the bed. Plus the pillows went really flat as soon as you laid on them. The price we paid for the hotel I wouldn't have expected this. It was the worst night sleep I have ever had in a hotel. Real shame

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple