The Milestone Hotel and Residences
  • Pool
$230
$185
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
Rosewood London(London)
$549
$409
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$136
$115
Agoda.com
2,082 results
All reviewskensington palaceafternoon teastables barred carnationwelcome drinkthe entire staffrose petalsfavorite hotellittle touchesturn down servicekensington high streetthe general managerhyde parkwonderful hotelevery member of staffsmall hotelthe ritz
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2009

I booked this hotel through American Express, having cross referenced all of the London hotels in their book with Trip Advisor. As the Milestone had the highest trip advisor reviews, I chose it for my family of four and am so happy I did.
If you are looking to have an authentic holiday in London, I think you will find the following to be true about the Milestone Hotel:

Location: excellent,; our 5th floor rooms had a wonderful view of Hyde park and Kensington Palace. There is a short walk to the Park, the Palace and the Orangery which serves lovely tea and cakes. It is also only a short walk to the South Kensington tube and many small restaurants. There is roughly a fifteen minute stroll to Harrods and Harvey Nichols, and an approximately sixteen pound taxi ride, (in some traffic ) to the British museum.

Check in and check out: excellent; efficient, welcoming and friendly.

Rooms: excellent; elegantly and tastefully appointed, immaculately clean, fine linens, comfortable bed and pillows, cozy. The marble bathroom was also perfect-- clean and new, great water pressure...

Room service and restaurants: excellent; we very much enjoyed dining at the Milestone. The servers managed to strike the perfect balance between being friendly and attentive, yet not at all intrusive. We were happy to learn of the history of the hotel whilst enjoying a hearty English breakfast. My husband and son could not think of a better way to begin the day. My daughter and I particularly enjoyed having afternoon tea by the fire, surrounded by books.

Concierge: excellent; knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

Lastly, we visited England because we love its history. I could not bear, then, to be in a large chain hotel which could be anywhere in the world. In the end, it is the people that you encounter on your travels, I think, who make the journey more enjoyable. It was gratifying to us that all who we encountered at the Milestone spoke English and had a knowledge of its history and legacy. On our last trip to England some years ago, we stayed at the Mandarin in Knightsbridge, which, while lovely in many ways, could not hold a candle to the Milestone.

We had a wonderfully memorable holiday at the Milestone and would be most happy to return.

high mark activities for teenagers: Sherlock Holmes museum, the International Friends tour to Stonehenge (with Nicholas driving and Pat guiding), the Pubs are fun as well, and the Army museum was also well done.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Windwardmom
Reviewed November 18, 2009

it was totally wonderful , the staff was very helpful and the location of the hotel was very good. I strongly recommend this hotel for everybody who wants a great holiday!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2009

This hotel is just wonderful. From the time you arrive through check out you are made to feel so special. The rooms are all different and unique. We were in the Harlequin Suite which had a fun black and white theme. The staff were so friendly and professional and could not do enough for you. We were there 4 nights and the staff would greet you by name. The breakfast room was charming and the service and food great. We usually had a waitress Lou whou would remember your name and what you liked to eat.
The neighborhood and location are great. Easy walk to the tube and many great neighborhood restaurants.
I can't say enough good things about The Milestone.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed for 2 nights at the Milestone Hotel in kensington, London to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
It is a beautiful boutique hotel and we will certainly consider returning and would recommend to friends.
The front of house service was excellent as was our dining experience.
Our room was a little compact but it was decorated beautifully as was the rest of the hotel.
Our only little niggle was the breakfast service on the 2nd day which was very disappointing. With only 2 tables in the restaurant I was very surprised to have waited 40 mins for a cooked breakfast and when it arrived to find a rock hard poached egg. We were also overcharged for 2 glasses of champagne at dinner which were meant to be complimentary for the month of November. As soon as we mentioned it on departure everyone seemed genuinely very apologetic.
I suspect that we were just unfortunate on this occasion and would certainly like to return to this charming hotel

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We felt like royalty, upgraded to a juniorsuite, champagne and midnight feast for our anniversary. Hard working staff . How would we ever exceed this anniversary.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple