“Lovely stay at the Milestone”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,068 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Beverly Hills, Michigan
“Lovely stay at the Milestone”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband and I just spent four nights at The Milestone during our first stay in London. From the moment of our arrival until departure our every need was met. All of the staff was pleasant and attentive. We ate breakfast in the hotel every morning and had tea one afternoon. Excellent service and food. We were able to easily navigate the city each day on the advice of Jose and James. They were so helpful checking our daily plan and offering tips. They helped us choose restaurants each evening and secured reservations for us. We enjoyed dinner at everyone of their recommendations. If we travel to London again we would defiantly stay at The Milestone!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank suzannecalero
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for reviewing the Milestone Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable 4 nights here with us. Jose and James like to ensure they have the best picks of the day’s activities available for our guests and are masters at getting our guests into whatever restaurant they desire.

I am very happy to read that we will be your hotels of choice in London and look forward to seeing you again.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

After having stayed in hundreds of hotels across the world the Milestone is in now firmly in my top 10. Could you do better in terms of trendy glamour? Sure, but this hotel goes the extra mile in terms of unbelievable customer service.

This well located (steps from High Street Kensington) hotel is intimate, rooms comfy, the bed sheets are magnificent and big, bright bathrooms all make this a great stay but it's the staff that put the Milestone into a different stratosphere.

From the moment you walk through the door you feel at home, happy and welcomed. The gift of home made biscuits and tea from the chef is accompanied with a hand written note from the exec chef, there was a card from management and then there's the fact everyone knows your name all combine into a lovely customer caring touch. All too often a hotel will kindly take your money and you feel like your just another sausage being spat out of the factory. At the Milestone be prepared for a warm surprise. Imagine a hotel where your asked about your day!

I leave knowing I will be back. Thanks team Milestone, take a bow, because anyone who has stayed here is applauding.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Honest_jane_do
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely review of the Milestone Hotel.

It always gives me great joy to read a review from a seasoned traveller such as yourself. Thank you for your fantastic comments about our service, as you mentioned there are other hotels that awe you with opulence and grandeur however we here at The Milestone like to keep it simple and make sure every guest has an amazing experience.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our home made goodies in the room, I will be sure to pass you comments on to chef as well, who will appreciate it.

I look forward to welcoming you on that return visit.

Beloit, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Checking in to the number one rated hotel in London surpassed all our expectations. The Milestone sets the standard for premier service and amenities. From the moment we arrived to the time we checked out we were 'spoiled rotten' as promised by the very helpful reservationist. From Steve the doorman, to Pedro the butler, to Jose and Joshua, concierges extraordinaire, our every need was attended to with enthusiasm. Every staff member in the hotel works as a team member to serve the guest. The restaurant staff, the bartenders, the bellman are all constantly on the ready to help accommodate any guest at any time. High Tea at the Milestone was elegant and delicious as well as the breakfast served each morning. It was hard to leave this hotel and re-enter the real world. We will definitely return for some more 'spoiling'! Thank you Milestone for providing the exclamation point to our fabulous UK visit. PS. Listening to Malcolm play piano in the 'living room' was a special treat as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank anne g
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your glowing review of the Milestone Hotel.

Our front line team do really strive to make every guests stay exceptional and Steve, Pedro, Jose, Joshua and Malcolm were all very please to hear how much you enjoyed their service and in Malcolm’s case his music. I am happy you managed to spend some time in our Park Lounge over afternoon tea too, it really is a fantastic experience not to be missed.

I look forward to that return trip that we can spoil you rotten once again.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife and I recently had a trip to London and I had a tough time choosing a good hotel …. I choose The Milestone for a few reasons but primarily based on the reviews on TripAdvisor - the reviews are excellent - I am generally quite cynical about reviews and thought it can't be that good - what can they do that make a hotel experience so special? -
well they can and the do - remarkable service - from each and everyone of the staff -
Well done The Milestone - Many hotels could learn a lot from yours!

not cheap but very very good ..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
10 Thank M11WWW
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely review. I am happy to read that you have been converted to a believer. We have many guests who stay with us sceptical about our Tripadvisor reputation however, I'm glad to read that we ticked all the boxes and ensured you had a great time with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I came to know about this hotel as i was looking for a place that has the feel of traditional afternoon tea in London. What a surprise this hotel was and what a revelation. The service starts from the doorman to the concierge to the maitre de of the parlor to the waiter who assisted us through all the tea sipping, finger sandwiching, bite sized desserts we can stuff our mouths with. I also can't forget to mention this was all followed by the flakiest scones with local jam and clotted cream you can eat. That is if you can after eating all the abundant first tidbits they provide you with. At the milestone you feel like you stepped into a bygone era where the tea room feels like your aunts parlor, that is if your aunt was a noble lady and you were in the 19th century. It was cozy warm and completely inviting. Soothing live piano music was being played somewhere in the background, while discreet and attentive service was provided by the staff. I think i may be a hotel guest the next time i come to london. Well done milestone for the awesome service, its been a while since i have experienced genuine courtesy coming from the heart.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Md74_12
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your kind words following your Afternoon Tea at The Milestone Hotel. I was so glad to read that we met your expectations and you found our service and the general ambience of the hotel to your liking. Please do come and visit us again soon.
My kindest regards,
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Everything about our stay was perfect - the room, the service by all members of staff and the food and drink both in the Stables Bar as well as breakfast in the restaurant.
My husband had arranged a romantic turn down while we were at the theatre and it was beautifully done.
Thank you to everyone at The Milestone for making our first stay so special, we will be returning!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hayl341
Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your romantic break with us and that you enjoyed all the facilities and service we provided you with. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards,
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The service is impeccable, the food and the presentation is excellent, the concierge service is wonderful. the location is supreme.
Without a doubt one of the best small hotels where I have stayed.
Special mention to be made to the concierge, the tea service in the afternoon, the small intimate bar.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very special, and have all the amenities that anyone could not even expect.