The Milestone Hotel and Residences
  • Pool
$265
Montague Hotel
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$165
Priceline
$754
$629
2,129 results
All reviewskensington palaceafternoon teastables barred carnationwelcome drinkthe entire staffrose petalsfavorite hotellittle touchesturn down servicekensington high streethyde parkthe general managerhome away from homewonderful hotelevery member of staffbottle of champagne
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Three weeks ago we were staying at Raffles Hotel in Singapore, yesterday we were at The Milestone! We have been so fortunate to stay in 2 of the best small luxury hotels in the World. They compare so well.
The staff are fantastic. Well trained, keen, willing to go the extra mile/km and very personable.
We were shown to our room after a short tour of the hotel's amenities including the spa and small pool in the basement.
Room 409, a Deluxe King overlooking Kensington Park, was a good size with 2 chairs and a desk and was beautifully appointed. The walls were lined with padded wallpaper!. The bathroom had a rainfall shower and was also a good size and beautifully decorated.
As we settled in we were offered a complimentary glass of bubbly together with a small chocolate cake for my wife's birthday.
I had booked the Romantics package which included breakfast (very good), a bottle of pink champagne, strawberries dipped in chocolate.
When we returned to the room after an evening meal out we found rose petals and floating tea lights everywhere! It was really beautiful.
The Milestone is expensive but, like Raffles, does give very good value for money. The location is also excellent. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

I was so happy to read your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. To be compared with one of the worlds great hotels is certainly an honour and I was delighted that you enjoyed all the small treats and attention to detail that we try our very hardest to provide our guests with. Please do come and join us again and, as always I have passed on your kind words to the team here at the hotel.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I've been in a lot of hotels but I must say this was the BEST. The service is excellent and all the employees are very helpful and pleasant. They responded to every request of ours. I'll certainly stay here again and would recommend it highly to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read your feedback and have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team. I hope we can meet your expectations once again on a future stay.
Many thanks

Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Milestone is a wonderful hotel nicely situated in Kensington. Outstanding staff and service and a small but excellent restaurant. By U.S. standards, our room was small but it was very comfortable and nicely furnished. Above all, it was quiet and conducive to a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

I was happy to read your feedback following your ecent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was also happy to read that you found our service "outstanding" and got the chance to try our restaurant Chenestons. Please do come and stay with us again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights. The room was very spacious, spotlessly clean, well decorated. I loved the hotel at the beginning and did enjoy every minute as staying here. The staff was super friendly, helpful and attentive. They pointed out and guided us to fantastic tourist destinations. Couldn't ask them for more. Definitely stay here in the short distance future for our next planned trip to Britain.
Highly recommend to stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we met your expectations and enjoyed the service and facilities we provided you with. Please do come back and see us soon.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We've stayed at the Egerton house hotel which is also a red carnation hotel. We thought this time we would try the milestone. All started well and our welcome was good, although it just felt a little less organised than the Egerton. Our room was nice ( jungle room) and had some outside space which was very nice, although it seemed a little tired. The gold fittings in the bathroom were very worn and everything seemed a bit old. I think the room needs a bit of a makeover. There is a nice hydro pool and sauna which we used and enjoyed. Overall it just didn't feel as personal as the Egerton - it is bigger and it definitely suffers because of this. The staff were good, but not outstanding like in the Egerton. On our last day we decided to eat lunch in the restaurant. I had a burger which was poor and was £25. Any gastro pub would have served much better. Maybe this was a one off but I didn't eat it. When the waitress asked what the problem was I said it was not nice and was too wet - she said she would speak to the chef ( although I didn't specifically say to do so). They took some money off the bill which was appreciated. Still it was not what we expected. The hotel lacked atmosphere and charm. The bar was empty on a Saturday night so there was no buzz. It was a shame but maybe we have been spoiled by the Egerton. There were lots of positives, but we won't stay again we'd go back to the Egerton. The milestone need to create a better atmosphere and buzz which the Egerton had in abundance.

Great location though and I feel mean writing this, but it's how we felt unfortunately.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jakeyc
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you so much for posting your review following your recent stay with us at the Milestone. As a regular guest at the Egerton House Hotel, I'm pleased that you felt you received a warm welcome as indeed you should.
Whilst I'm disappointed to note that we did not live up to your overall experience of our sister hotel, I am pleased that you feel you can call the Egerton your favourite hotel. We work hard to make each and every guest feel most welcome and I'm pleased that we have a number of guests who like to try more than one of our hotels when in London. I have noted your comments about your room and am sorry to read that you felt the room a little tired. We do take the opportunity to refurbish each and every room as we feel necessary and my team take much pride in ensuring that each room is perfectly presented. Please rest assured that we will review your comments and take any action we feel is required.
I was especially concerned to read your comment about the Wagyu Beef Burger that you ordered in Stables Bar. This is a very popular item on the menu and we serve very many each week and the feedback is usually very positive. I'm so sorry that this was not your experience. If you were not 100% happy we should have changed this for you immediately. I have already followed this up with my team to ensure that our special burger competes with the very best.
Whilst I appreciate that the overall atmosphere of the Milestone may feel a little different to our sister hotel as we are quite a lot larger with more public spaces, I'm genuinly sorry that you felt we lacked the "buzz" that you are used to at the Egerton.
Whilst I can see that the Egerton is your firm favourite I do hope that you will consider trying us on another occasion and sample our bar perhaps midweek or our very popular Afternoon Tea.

Kind regards