“Experience old English Hospitality”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,064 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Peoria, Arizona, United States
“Experience old English Hospitality”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

By the end of the first day the doorman knew us, all one would expect from a five star hotel. The rooms are tastefully done, bath has full size tub/shower that one can actually use.
Food and service is excellent
Location across from Kensington Gardens is a short walk to Kensington Palace and a short cab ride to many attractions.
Would recommend the Milestone to those seeking a superior guest experience and, refined atmosphere.
We hope to return next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Denis R
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
I was so glad to read your feedback following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed the brilliant service we provide to our guests. I am very proud that my team delivered the best levels of service to you and that we met your expectations. As always I will be passing your kind words on to my great team. I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.
Andrew Pike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed August 30, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Milestone everything was taken care of. Traveling with 2 small children is sometimes a challenge. Not at The Milestone, they had little gift packages for our two girls and age specific! The staff is amazing remembering everything we liked and didn't like greeted always with a smile and truly cared about your stay. I never write reviews but The Milestone was far and above anything we have experienced in the past and felt it necessary to commend them on an amazing time.

Best,
The Day's

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Nathan N
Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service that we offer. I have shared your feedback with my team. Please do come back and see us soon. Kind regards,
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband, 12 year-old son, and I just spent a week in London and we stayed at The Milestone Hotel. We knew it was a nice hotel but could never have imagined how PERFECT everything would be.

The hotel itself is beautiful and decorated so nicely. The atmosphere is comfortable and not too formal or stuffy despite the fact The Milestone is one of the best hotels in the world (Conde Nast Platinum Circle.) We felt welcome and very much at home. We found it most sad to leave at the end of our stay.

Our suite was gorgeous, roomy, quiet, and comfortable with a fantastic view of Kensington Palace. All of the rooms, suites, and apartments are decorated differently but all are beautiful. Several examples are available on the hotel website. When making our reservation by phone, I was able to choose our room and knew what it looked like before we left home

We received exceptional service which began even before our arrival. I corresponded with Jose, the head concierge, by email and he was kind enough to help us with tickets, transportation, dining reservations, and general information and recommendations. This planning ahead made our visit much less stressful, much more enjoyable, and so much more efficient.

The entire Team at The Milestone was outstanding --friendly, always cheerful and available-- yet very professional. Everyone seemed truly happy to be there and clearly went above and beyond to make our stay as nice as possible.

Our stay at The Milestone Hotel greatly exceeded our expectations. It was the best hotel experience we have ever had; and, it is hard to imagine how a stay at any hotel anywhere else in the world could ever be better.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are decorated differently. Many pictures are available on the hotel website.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank APVT18
I was absolutely delighted to read your very kind words about recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was so glad that we met you and your families expectations. I have shared your review with Jose, our brilliant Head Concierge, and the rest of the team here at the hotel. Please do come and visit us again soon where I am sure we will once again meet your expectations.
Sea Cliff, New York
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This boutique hotel with a Victorian ambiance, but an ultramodern bar and lounge is the ultimate in holiday indulgence...sherry served in the lobby, newspapers at your door, chocolates on the pillows each night, and a giant perfumed bath (bidet as well).

We were pampered by a kind, caring staff, we were served breakfast and high teas fit for royalty, and we were greeted with the very best of British charm. For a truly special holiday, I cannot recommend the Milestone enough. We're hoping to return soon.

-Dorothy Fried

Room Tip: Choose the Upstairs-Downstairs quarters.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Dorothy F
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Mrs Fried. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed the genuine British hospitality we provided you with on your recent trip to The Milestone Hotel. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with only the best of service so was so glad we met your expectations. I have passed on your kind words to my great team this afternoon. I look forward to personally welcoming you upon your next visit to us.
My best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Truly an outstanding hotel from the minute I stepped into the Hotel till checkout. It's nice to be pleasantly surprised particularly for a jaded traveller. The hotel, the rooms, the staff all around the hotel were exceptional. About the best breakfast I've had in all of Europe. Best of all the Team at the hotel did not know how to say "no!" All the little touches by the housekeeping team, the implements in the room (just needs a nespresso machine and a kettle!) and facilities take it over the line as the best hotel I have stayed in; a real credit to the owners of the hotel. This is a lesson to the big hotel chains (St Regis Rome take note....) that you don't have to be big to be the best. I can't wait to try out the other hotels in the Red Carnation Group.

Room Tip: Take one of the deluxe rooms to get a bit more space...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank jamalh2608
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was absolutely delighted that you felt that the hotel was one of the best you had stayed in. I have passed on your words to my fantastic team and I do hope we get the chance to meet your expectations once again in the near furture.
Minneapolis
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We ended a two weeks backpacking trip through Europe by staying two nights at the Milestone.

From the moment we booked our stay through when we boarded the taxi to return home, the service was impeccable. The reservations team, concierges, doormen, front desk staff, butler, bar manager, and servers were all second-to-none. It really improved our moods to be around people who liked to smile.

I would like to especially call out Markus, the bar manager, for knowing how to treat his guests, which was to treat them like dear old friends. When we played card games late into the nights in the bar, Markus would use his great sense of humor and wide array of knowledge to entertain us. Even as a frequent traveler, its not often I can put a name and face to a hotel. Joshua in concierge services also deserves kudos.

This hotel is expensive but it was certainly worth it. The décor is regal. The services are bespoke; welcoming treats, nightly treats, lit candles and pulled shades before evening. I cannot think of a better place to have afternoon tea than in the Milestone's lounge.

The next time I am in London, the Milestone is where I will be staying.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank T T
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so pleased to read that we met your expectations in terms of the facilities we provide and most importantly the service. I have passed on your words to my team and also to Markus and Joshua for the way they looked afetr you during your stay. Please do come and visit us once again soon.
My best regards,
Derbyshire
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Have lost count of the times we have stayed here. This hotel is simply amazing.

The staff are, without exception, fantastic. Very warm, welcoming and professional.

The room we had this time was on the front of the hotel with a view of the park. The glazing meant it was quiet and the air on kept the room cool.

We didn't eat in the restaurant as we were at the proms each evening but the breakfasts were great. Lots to choose from and all tasty.

I can't wait to come back!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrsACJ
I was so glad to read that you, once again, enjoyed your stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed the room you stayed in and the brilliant service my team providied you with . I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Kind regards,