“Beautiful and Elegant Boutique hotel”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Wonderfully elegant boutique hotel, located directly across from Kennsington Palace. This hotel really has it all to offer. Fantastic service, indoor pool, fitness center, great food and the most beautiful/comfy rooms. The staff was extrememly attentive, kinda felt like royalty myself! Enjoyed their famous Afternoon tea. The tea was lovely and the food was amazing! I also tried, dinner and breakfast. All very good and tasty. Overall the staffs goal was to see that I was pleased with my stay the whole time I was there and they definitely achieved that. If you like smaller/boutique hotels rather then a larger 5 star hotels, this is the place to stay while in London. Great location to shopping, the Underground, museums and Kennsington Palace.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cara H
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you felt like "Royalty" and enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you also got the time to sample our fantastic Afternoon Tea in our Park Lounge. Please do come and stay with us once again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Milestone Hotel

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I travel to Europe every year and we either fly into or out of London. We've stayed in quite a few nice hotels in London,but we must say that the Milestone is "over the top"! From the moment we walked in, everything was perfect---well not everything--the heat went out in our room the day before we left! But no problem! Stephanie, Alexa and Fran saw to it that we were moved to a beautiful suite for the time remaining. They packed up everything and placed it in the new room. We already had plans for dinner with friends that evening, but Stephanie insisted that we be treated to a beautiful appetizer tray and drinks in the bar beforehand! The entire staff was most hospitable and welcoming. Jose made reservations for us at a restaurant that we wanted to try but had not been successful. Everytime we went out or came in the doormen were there to greet us. Dickson, in the bar was very nice to converse with, and he makes a very good Martini! The delicious breakfast was served in a lovely,cozy room with a fireplace. All of the public rooms or lounges were beautifully decorated. The location is great--right across from Kensington Park and close to many other places of interest. There is a tube station close by, but we like to walk and it was an easy walk to the V&A, Knightsbridge,Sloane Square,Kings Road and Kensington Church St. There are lots of good little restaurants close by also. It was a wonderful experience from the moment we arrived until the time we departed. Our thanks to Neil, Michele and the entire staff for a memorable visit. We look forward to coming back soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Firstly thank you very much for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. As you can appreciate sometimes things do not go to plan and "acts of God" do occur for example the heating malfunction. However I was delighted that my team ensured that the issue was resolved with the utmost efficiency by moving your room without any further inconvenience to you. I have passed on your thanks to all the team here at the hotel and I was so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us once again in the near future.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The two of us spent a wonderful New Years holiday here. We gave the travel agent two requirements for a hotel for our four night stay in London--a proper bar and near a tube station. While the tube stop was near, it was closed for maintenance over the holiday. The bus stopped just down the block, so this was not an issue. The bar and the bartenders were warm and funny! We enjoyed our nightcaps each evening.

While those were our only two requirements, we got everything we could have imagined in our stay. We received an email in advance of our stay asking for our preferences on everything from our preferred drink on arrival--champagne and an English ale were poured while we checked in--to linen and music choices for the iPod! Without exception, every employee seemed to truly want to be of assistance. Rooms are huge by European standards. Great beds, quiet rooms. Afternoon tea was included in our Virtuoso package, and we enjoyed it immensely. Breakfast entrees were tasty.

Nice neighbourhood. We walked to Victoria and Albert, great restaurants (New Years Eve dinner at Whits was amazing), and to Jamie Oliver's cooking school in Nottingham. There is even a Whole Foods down the street if you are feeling homesick.

Unlike previous winter stays in European hotels, the Milestone has all new windows and is not in the least bit drafty! You will love the Milestone. Would definitely return. 10 out of 10 for our travel agent who suggested it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your New Year's break with us in London and thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was really please you enjoyed your stay with us and that your travel agent did a good job in recommending our hotel. I have passed on your kind words to my great team and I do hope you will join us again in the near future.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

There is a joy to returning to a smallish, service oriented hotel. To be rememberd by those who were there the last time you were and within hours by the new additions brings a feeling fo being a person and not a number.Every wish is immediately met with- of course we can do that and then it is done.

Room Tip: Each room is unique and looking at several could be helpful. Some rooms have internal stairs and if...
1  Thank Ed R

Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review following you recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that once again we provided you with the personalised service we are famous for. I have, as I always do, passed on your kind words to the team. Please do come and stay with us once again on your next trip to London.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

As a travel professional, I note every nuance of a hotel, from its service staff to ambiance to customer service. London is abundant with top-tier hotels but none of them rises as high as The Milestone does. I spent four nights/five days on this trip to London; I last stayed at The Milestone two years ago. Truly, I can't imagine "improving" this property. It's perfect. Located across the street from Kensington Palace and Gardens, The Milestone is in a non-touristy area. Close-by is a huge Whole Foods and an Underground station which also houses a large Marks & Spencer.
Staff goes out of its way to provide customized assistance .... the concierges went way beyond play tickets. They called sister properties and communicated with them to ensure we had tickets to the Pompeii/Herculaneum exhibition at the British Museum. The hotel's butler Pedro showed us several rooms to choose from before deciding on our sleeping accommodations. One stay at The Milestone and you understand its position as one of the world's great hotels as seen by the readers of Conde' Nast Traveler and Travel and Leisure. Count me among the hotel's most loyal fans. It deserves more than allotted number of stars.
Donna Manz,

Room Tip: Families might consider the "apartments" at The Milestone. Rates are competitive to stand...
1  Thank puakaloha

I cannot thank you enough for your glowing review following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you felt the team and the hotel exceeded your expectations in so many ways. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us again in the near furture and I have passed on your kind words to the team.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've been remiss in not writing about my stay here. Visited our daughter in London while enroute to Europe on business. The Milestone, across from Hyde Park, was conveniently located to her quarters, making it a good choice based on location. Little did we know the treat that we were in for. The room was large with a great view of the park and all the amenities one would expect from a great hotel. It is the staff here, however, that help to distinguish this hotel from its competitors. We couldn't say enough about how friendly and helpful each and every staff member was. I've stayed at a lot of great hotels in London, but this is clearly my favorite.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the park, if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Onthebacknine

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so pleased that you liked our hotel including the large rooms and the location opposite the park. I was also delighted that we met your expectations with the service we provided you with. Please do come and stay with us again soon so we can once again ensure you have a great stay with us.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at the Milestone recently to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had been staying in a different area of London for 5 nights before staying at the milestone & had a very hectic week so were ready to relax & enjoy his birthday. The decor is traditional & there are some lovely original features in the hotel. The service was excellent as was the food, the extra special touches & attention to detail is what makes this hotel a great place to stay. Upon check in we were given an upgrade which was much appreciated & Fran showed us round the hotel. He was extremely helpful, knowledgable & friendly as were all the staff. The room was lovely as was the bathroom with plenty of nice touches, the only thing that wasn't perfect was the picture on the TV but as we didn't really watch a lot of tv it wasn't an issue for us.
We ate in the restaurant on the first night & the food was very nice, my husband ordered the cheesecake for dessert & was given a huge slice which pleased him as he loves desserts! Afterwards we had cocktails in the conservatory which is really nice place to relax & as usual the service was excellent. When we got back to the room there were rose petals everywhere with chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries & the birthday cake which I had arranged for my husband. The cake was absolutely delicious & there was even a birthday card that Fran had written out for my husband, these thoughtful little touches made it a really memory occasion. The breakfast the next morning was lovely & we took a taxi to Harrods to do some shopping. When we returned we sampled the afternoon tea, we had the chocolate version which included chocolate fondue, it was delicious & there was so much of it. Earlier in the week we had taken afternoon tea at claridges & the tea at the milestone certainly matched it. In the evening again a taxi was quickly hailed for us we had booked a table at Clos Maggiore & upon our return there was a large umbrella waiting for us as we stepped out of the taxi as there was an unexpected down pour. The next day we chose to have breakfast in our room & again the food & the service were excellent. We would highly recommend this hotel & it deserves the good reviews it has on tripadvisor, the staff really go out of their way to ensure you have an enjoyable & memorable stay. Red carnation hotels offer the extra touches that can really make a difference whether it is the daily weather forecast, fresh flowers, luxury toiletries, selection of glasses in the room, complimentary shoe cleaning service & bottled water on check out.

Room Tip: Rooms are individual yet traditional, check out the website if you have any special requirements
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bazjosmith

Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we made your husband's birthday stay so special with the small touches we provided you both with. I have passed on your kind words to the team here and I hope that you both get the chance to stay with us once again in the near future.