“One of London's Finest Boutique Hotels” 5 of 5 stars

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“One of London's Finest Boutique Hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at the Milestone for 2 nights and it provided us with the perfect location from which to enjoy the city of London. Hotel is ideally situated right next to Kensington Palace and Gardens, and right over the road from Hyde Park. Within easy walking distance of Harrods, Kensington High Street and Royal Albert Hall. As an old historical landmark, the Hotel itself has been impeccably restored and with exceptional interior design and artwork, provides a very warm and intimate feel in each and every area. Elegance and comfort in every sense.... Plenty of personal touches and the attention to detail is incredible. Rooms were a little small, but this is London so can be expected. Many refined and personal touches in the room, so while a little small, there was nothing else that could have been provided to make us more comfortable. Breakfast each morning was a treat, and the service overall from all the staff in the Hotel was outstanding. Very personal, very sincere and not at all overbearing. Overall a wonderful experience and cannot speak more highly of this wonderful and stylish boutique hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Hyde Park have spectacular views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheoCromhout
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was absolutely delighted that you found everything at the hotel to your liking including the facilities, service and location that we offer. As always I have passed on your kind words to my great team here who along with mysef hope to be able to welcome you back and once again to meet your expecations.
Geberal Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in yet another one lf the red caranatiln hotels. Beutiful, warm extremely well thought through and executed concept.....i must add that i am most impressed by the fact that no matter which hotel in the group i have stayed the service, attention and passion to make me as a guest feel like i am the most important person in the house is by far the reson why i will allways smile when making a booking. Well done.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts following your recent stay with us. I was so happy that my great team made you as equally welcome and at home here at The Milestone Hotel the same way our colleagues do at our other Red Carnation Hotel properties that you have visited. I was delighted that we met your expectations and we hope to welcome you back to your "home from home" in the near future.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for our week long stay during August 2012 for Olympics (adjoining: kids (4yrs and 7yrs) and us). Both rooms’ decor was elegant, functional and comfortable. The services provided by all were impeccable from arrival through leaving (sadly). I was initially concerned the kids would not find any restaurant menu items they liked, but they offered a wide variety of breakfast and dinner menu items that easily met my kids needs (pancakes, french toast, etc.). Note, the restaurant menu was fantastic. The bath amenities were excellent and my wife pleasantly remarked about the power of the hair dryers (most hotels offer weak hair dryers).

Overall, excellent!!! Cannot wait to say again, but without kids next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
I was delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us over the Olympic period at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your experience and that we met your expectations in all the areas of your stay. Please do come back and see us soon. I have passed on your kind words to my team here.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Such a great place to stay with family during a trip. I stayed there 3 days and 4 nights with my wife and enjoyed a lot. I would love to come back with my kids.

Supportive staff and excellent service.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are really great for me.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Peter L
Firstly thank you for posting your kind words following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. We always like to spoil any children that visit us... as well as the parents !! I was so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to us in the near future.
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

When my aunt and i decided to spend a few days in London, we chose The Milestone, which was the best decision ever! A welcoming hotel full of individuality. Both our rooms were decorated so differently , I almost thought, 'Mr Gray' might pop in!!!!! No really, comfortable personal and special.
The staff went out of their way to make sure our every need was met and every request made was fulfilled with a smile!
So close to all the areas we needed to be in and so walking was a pleasure

Room Tip: Sorry didnt have time to visit the spa XX
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I was delighted that you and your aunt enjoyed your stay with us here at The Milestone Hotel. I was so happy that you enjoyed the service we provided you both and that you liked the location of the hotel. I have passed on your kind words to the team here and I hope that we get to meet your expectations once again in the near future.
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We are returning guests to the Milestone Hotel, and from the minute we arrived to the moment we left we were delighted with this quite extraordinary hotel. This is a truly 5 star boutique hotel which we would love to stay at in each city we travel to.

Although, we arrived early in the morning, our room was ready and we were offered a lovely breakfast upon arrival.

Our room was amazing, cosy, luxurious, sophisticated with a rare and special feeling of being at home, a warm welcome note, and complimentary wifi that we do appreciate.
We used the room service often, and the quality of the food, the kindness of the staff , the presentation and the choice were exceptional.
We also had the Milestone's afternoon tea, which is in our opinion, the best in London, and certainly not to be missed.
We are truly impressed by the kindness of the staff, the charm of the rooms and overall the beautiful atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations once again. I was delighted that you enjoyed your room service and also our Afternoon Tea service. I have passed on your kind words to the team here and we hope that you will come back and stay with us once again in the near future.
Poughkeepsie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I chose this hotel for a four night stay because of the highly laudatory reviews, presitigious awards, etc. I am partial to small hotels for their friendly ambiance. My high expectations of the hotel were, if anything, exceeded by our experience there. They practice customer service as an art. Staff is attentive, warm and helpful in every way. The concierge service secured last minute tickets for us to a hilarious play and arranged to send home our winter cothes as we were in transit to a 3 week stay in India. They actually did a print out of the NY Times for us! We felt pampered; it was a great way to start our trip.

The public spaces in the hotel are on the small side which gives a feeling of coziness. Very fine breakfast offered, lovely English tea in one of the sitting rooms near a crackling fire, simple late night dinners in the bar. The staff is extremely friendly, not stuffy in the least. Should I return to London, I would want to stay here. The location is good too. Across from Kensington Gardens, a short walk to the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Museum of Natural History and Harrods. The luxury you find in this boutique hotel is well worth the cost.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking taking the time to leave your kind feedback following your recent stay with us. I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay at The Milestone Hotel including the great service you received from our great Concierge department. I sincerely hope that we get the chance to meet your expectations on a future occasion.