“Heaven During Olympics”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for our week long stay during August 2012 for Olympics (adjoining: kids (4yrs and 7yrs) and us). Both rooms’ decor was elegant, functional and comfortable. The services provided by all were impeccable from arrival through leaving (sadly). I was initially concerned the kids would not find any restaurant menu items they liked, but they offered a wide variety of breakfast and dinner menu items that easily met my kids needs (pancakes, french toast, etc.). Note, the restaurant menu was fantastic. The bath amenities were excellent and my wife pleasantly remarked about the power of the hair dryers (most hotels offer weak hair dryers).

Overall, excellent!!! Cannot wait to say again, but without kids next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

I was delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us over the Olympic period at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your experience and that we met your expectations in all the areas of your stay. Please do come back and see us soon. I have passed on your kind words to my team here.
My kindest regards,

There are newer reviews for The Milestone Hotel

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Such a great place to stay with family during a trip. I stayed there 3 days and 4 nights with my wife and enjoyed a lot. I would love to come back with my kids.

Supportive staff and excellent service.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are really great for me.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Peter L

Firstly thank you for posting your kind words following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. We always like to spoil any children that visit us... as well as the parents !! I was so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to us in the near future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

When my aunt and i decided to spend a few days in London, we chose The Milestone, which was the best decision ever! A welcoming hotel full of individuality. Both our rooms were decorated so differently , I almost thought, 'Mr Gray' might pop in!!!!! No really, comfortable personal and special.
The staff went out of their way to make sure our every need was met and every request made was fulfilled with a smile!
So close to all the areas we needed to be in and so walking was a pleasure

Room Tip: Sorry didnt have time to visit the spa XX
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

I was delighted that you and your aunt enjoyed your stay with us here at The Milestone Hotel. I was so happy that you enjoyed the service we provided you both and that you liked the location of the hotel. I have passed on your kind words to the team here and I hope that we get to meet your expectations once again in the near future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We are returning guests to the Milestone Hotel, and from the minute we arrived to the moment we left we were delighted with this quite extraordinary hotel. This is a truly 5 star boutique hotel which we would love to stay at in each city we travel to.

Although, we arrived early in the morning, our room was ready and we were offered a lovely breakfast upon arrival.

Our room was amazing, cosy, luxurious, sophisticated with a rare and special feeling of being at home, a warm welcome note, and complimentary wifi that we do appreciate.
We used the room service often, and the quality of the food, the kindness of the staff , the presentation and the choice were exceptional.
We also had the Milestone's afternoon tea, which is in our opinion, the best in London, and certainly not to be missed.
We are truly impressed by the kindness of the staff, the charm of the rooms and overall the beautiful atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations once again. I was delighted that you enjoyed your room service and also our Afternoon Tea service. I have passed on your kind words to the team here and we hope that you will come back and stay with us once again in the near future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I chose this hotel for a four night stay because of the highly laudatory reviews, presitigious awards, etc. I am partial to small hotels for their friendly ambiance. My high expectations of the hotel were, if anything, exceeded by our experience there. They practice customer service as an art. Staff is attentive, warm and helpful in every way. The concierge service secured last minute tickets for us to a hilarious play and arranged to send home our winter cothes as we were in transit to a 3 week stay in India. They actually did a print out of the NY Times for us! We felt pampered; it was a great way to start our trip.

The public spaces in the hotel are on the small side which gives a feeling of coziness. Very fine breakfast offered, lovely English tea in one of the sitting rooms near a crackling fire, simple late night dinners in the bar. The staff is extremely friendly, not stuffy in the least. Should I return to London, I would want to stay here. The location is good too. Across from Kensington Gardens, a short walk to the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Museum of Natural History and Harrods. The luxury you find in this boutique hotel is well worth the cost.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking taking the time to leave your kind feedback following your recent stay with us. I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay at The Milestone Hotel including the great service you received from our great Concierge department. I sincerely hope that we get the chance to meet your expectations on a future occasion.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a superb stay at The Milestone,all the staff were friendly and our room was stunning.A must for anyone staying in London.The location of the hotel is excellent. A welcome glass of champagne on arrival kicked off a wonderful weekend for us, a shame we had to leave. Will definitely go back when in London as our first choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we met your expectations from your welcome glass of champagne to the end of your stay. Please do come back and see us again in the near future. I have passed on your kind words to the team.
Kind regards

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Our room was amazing. A great big comfy bed. The hotel bar is a fantastic place.Stay at this fabulous hotel.The dining room was elegant and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I have passed on your kind words to my great team here and we hope that you will join us again in the near future.