“Superb Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Superb Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a superb stay at The Milestone,all the staff were friendly and our room was stunning.A must for anyone staying in London.The location of the hotel is excellent. A welcome glass of champagne on arrival kicked off a wonderful weekend for us, a shame we had to leave. Will definitely go back when in London as our first choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we met your expectations from your welcome glass of champagne to the end of your stay. Please do come back and see us again in the near future. I have passed on your kind words to the team.
Kind regards
Andrew Pike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Our room was amazing. A great big comfy bed. The hotel bar is a fantastic place.Stay at this fabulous hotel.The dining room was elegant and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I have passed on your kind words to my great team here and we hope that you will join us again in the near future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Had a very pleasant long weekend at this hotel.The staff are exceptionally friendly and most helpful.Our room was nicely furnished as were the public areas.The location of the hotel is excellent -right on the edge of Kensington Park and the Albert Hall,V&A and Knightsbridge are all within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind comments following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you found the location of The Milestone Hotel to your liking and that we met your expectations during your stay. I hope that you come back to stay with us once again in the near future.
Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We totally love staying here. Every time is as great as the last.

We were met with a very warm welcome and glass of bubbly. Our room was amazing, on two levels with a great big comfy bed.

We did not eat dinner I the hotel but did have room service at around 11pm. The food was lovely.

We had breakfast, there was a large choice, all fresh and tasty.

We were sad to only be staying one night this time but we will be back, there is nowhere better in London.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Firstly thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was absolutely delighted that we have, once again, met your expectations on this stay and please do come back again soon for more than one night if you can !!

My kindest regards,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Upon checking in this perfectly British "boutique" hotel we were treated like royalty. The entire staff at the hotel were amazing and extremely hospitable. The hotel bar is a fantastic place to have a cocktail prior to venturing out for the evening and when we returned our bartender welcomed us back by our names. This bar was a fantastic place to relax and talk with friends. The dining room was elegant and the breakfast was superb. Although I did not opt for the healthier options - the waffle was a slice of heaven - a little bit like dessert for breakfast. The room was perfect and the artwork on the wall was superb. After forgetting to take off the do not disturb sign - so housekeeping did not clean our room while we were gone - we were greeted with a note that stated although they did not tidy our room - if there was anything we needed/new towels etc... do not hesitate to call. The concierge was able to help us with reservations and when on restaurant we wanted to go to was not open he had plenty of other options to recommend. I cannot wait to visit London again and stay at this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your very kind words following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful time with us and got to sample all that the hotel has to offer. I really do hope that you come back and stay with us again in the near future.
My kindest regards
Kobe, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Milestone hotel for my 30th birthday. From the moment we checked in until our departure the next afternoon, we were overwhelmed by the superb service from the staff at the hotel.

Upon check in, two managers welcomed me, wished me a happy birthday and upgraded our room from a standard category to one of their themed suites free of charge. The decor in the room was a bit flamboyant but tastefully done - it was an homage to the late French entertainer Mistinguett who was once the highest paid actress/singer in her days.

The doorman at the hotel told me he wished he had tickets for the concert as well - since he was a big fan of Mark Knopfler also. Nonetheless he wished me a great evening and asked me all about it on my return after the concert had ended.

We had a small bite at the restaurant prior to our evening at Royal Albert Hall. It was good but not anything to write home about. Breakfast was decent but again, I wouldn't say that it was remarkable.

There were a few minor issues. Their indoor pool was ice cold and no bigger than perhaps a large whirpool. The elevators had been subject to nicks and dents from countless guests using them over the years. The bathroom in our suite seemed a little dated however perhaps that was part of the charm of the Mistinguett suite?

Any guest at the Milestone Hotel will most certainly be wowed by the cosy charm and top service. Prices are not cheap but then again, this is a 5 star hotel in a famous part of London so it goes with the territory.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and I have taken note of your helpful comments which I will be dealing with. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us again in the near future.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stay at the Milestone whenever we're in London. Having stayed at "cheaper" hotels in the Kensington area, we would walk by the Milestone and we'd always talk about "someday, we're going to stay there." We finally did and never looked back. The location of the hotel is perfect, close to restaurants of every type and price, just a couple of blocks from the High Street Kensington tube station, with shopping that ranges from food shops, higher-end chains to unique boutiques and antique shops. The staff at the Milestone are the secret to its perfection, always searching for ways to improve their service. Yes, it's a most charming, intimate hotel, very quiet, warm and inviting. The hotel offers rooms you won't find elsewhere in London, each unique, beautiful, comfortable and with amenities that always delight. To be greeted by Patricio, the doorman, is like being welcomed home by a member of the family. Neil, the front of house manager, Fran, the concierge experts, and the rest of the staff treat guests like old friends. Where else can you happen to be London over your birthday and be surprised, as I was, by the delivery of a birtday cake compliments of Fran and the staff?! There are less expensive, conventional hotels in London, and you should stay there if lack of service, crowds and noise don't bother you. For me and my wife, it will always be the Milestone, our "home" in London.

Room Tip: I can't recall a bad room at the Milestone; rooms on the front of the hotel have a sweeping view...