“Brilliant!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Brilliant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Upon checking in this perfectly British "boutique" hotel we were treated like royalty. The entire staff at the hotel were amazing and extremely hospitable. The hotel bar is a fantastic place to have a cocktail prior to venturing out for the evening and when we returned our bartender welcomed us back by our names. This bar was a fantastic place to relax and talk with friends. The dining room was elegant and the breakfast was superb. Although I did not opt for the healthier options - the waffle was a slice of heaven - a little bit like dessert for breakfast. The room was perfect and the artwork on the wall was superb. After forgetting to take off the do not disturb sign - so housekeeping did not clean our room while we were gone - we were greeted with a note that stated although they did not tidy our room - if there was anything we needed/new towels etc... do not hesitate to call. The concierge was able to help us with reservations and when on restaurant we wanted to go to was not open he had plenty of other options to recommend. I cannot wait to visit London again and stay at this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your very kind words following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful time with us and got to sample all that the hotel has to offer. I really do hope that you come back and stay with us again in the near future.
My kindest regards
Andrew Pike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kobe, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Milestone hotel for my 30th birthday. From the moment we checked in until our departure the next afternoon, we were overwhelmed by the superb service from the staff at the hotel.

Upon check in, two managers welcomed me, wished me a happy birthday and upgraded our room from a standard category to one of their themed suites free of charge. The decor in the room was a bit flamboyant but tastefully done - it was an homage to the late French entertainer Mistinguett who was once the highest paid actress/singer in her days.

The doorman at the hotel told me he wished he had tickets for the concert as well - since he was a big fan of Mark Knopfler also. Nonetheless he wished me a great evening and asked me all about it on my return after the concert had ended.

We had a small bite at the restaurant prior to our evening at Royal Albert Hall. It was good but not anything to write home about. Breakfast was decent but again, I wouldn't say that it was remarkable.

There were a few minor issues. Their indoor pool was ice cold and no bigger than perhaps a large whirpool. The elevators had been subject to nicks and dents from countless guests using them over the years. The bathroom in our suite seemed a little dated however perhaps that was part of the charm of the Mistinguett suite?

Any guest at the Milestone Hotel will most certainly be wowed by the cosy charm and top service. Prices are not cheap but then again, this is a 5 star hotel in a famous part of London so it goes with the territory.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and I have taken note of your helpful comments which I will be dealing with. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stay at the Milestone whenever we're in London. Having stayed at "cheaper" hotels in the Kensington area, we would walk by the Milestone and we'd always talk about "someday, we're going to stay there." We finally did and never looked back. The location of the hotel is perfect, close to restaurants of every type and price, just a couple of blocks from the High Street Kensington tube station, with shopping that ranges from food shops, higher-end chains to unique boutiques and antique shops. The staff at the Milestone are the secret to its perfection, always searching for ways to improve their service. Yes, it's a most charming, intimate hotel, very quiet, warm and inviting. The hotel offers rooms you won't find elsewhere in London, each unique, beautiful, comfortable and with amenities that always delight. To be greeted by Patricio, the doorman, is like being welcomed home by a member of the family. Neil, the front of house manager, Fran, the concierge experts, and the rest of the staff treat guests like old friends. Where else can you happen to be London over your birthday and be surprised, as I was, by the delivery of a birtday cake compliments of Fran and the staff?! There are less expensive, conventional hotels in London, and you should stay there if lack of service, crowds and noise don't bother you. For me and my wife, it will always be the Milestone, our "home" in London.

Room Tip: I can't recall a bad room at the Milestone; rooms on the front of the hotel have a sweeping view...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for sharing your kind words following your recent return stay at The Milestone Hotel. I have passed on your kind words to Neil and his team plus all the other staff in the hotel who always try their very hardest in delivering excellent service.
I was delighted that we met your expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Belmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The charm of the building is complemented by the competence and courtesy of the staff. We spent a week that was both enjoyable and provied many opportunities for appreciating the best of British hospitality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that youm enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our hospitality and service. I really do hope that you can join us once again in the near future.
Kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at The Milestone Hotel just for one night. And i was very impressed. I have been working in luxury hotels for many years and generally know what to expect, but The Milestone Hotel absolutely exceeded my expectations.
First just when you walk in to the hotel, it seems you have entered a peaceful oasis, it was the first wow factor. It does not feel At all that the hotel is located on one of the busiest west London streets! I like small, intimate boutique hotels and Milestone thicks all boxes.
I stayed in one of the studio suites with a stunning view over Kensington Gardens! Room was beautifully decorated, i especially liked the bathroom. It was good size and absolute luxury.
All in all can' t say enough about this amazing hotel they deserve to be Nr.1 on Tripadvisor!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Inspired6
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to post these kind words following your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and the service we provide. So to hear the comments of a guest who is also in the hotel business means so much to myself and the team. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us again in the near future.
My best regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was delighted to see The Milestone's recent inclusion in Tripadvisor's top 25 hotels in the world. From our experience, this beautiful boutique hotel deserves all the accolades it is getting. My husband and I, and two small dogs, stayed at the Milestone in September during our relocation to London. We were charmed from the outset, and every aspect of the hotel -- the cozy, comfortable bar, the gracious reception and dining rooms, the attentive service, and signature room details, only enhanced our sense of being "home." Since then, we've stayed at two other Red Carnation properties, the Summer Lodge, and the Old Government House on Guernsey: both are superb. Not many hotels make you feel this at ease, and eager to return, as the Milestone does.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Maugie_L
I was absolutely thrilled to read your feedback following your stay with us and also thank you for taking the time to do this. I was so happy that we contributed to you all comfortably settling in London. I have passed on your kind words to all the team here and please do come and see us soon. I was also happy to read that you visited our fantastic sister properties and they too met your expectations.
Newtown, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here a couple of years ago for a few days.It was a lovely hotel,nice and small and friendly.
Very expensive though.It was in a nice spot near the park.the service could not be faulted,but the room was very small with not a good outlook.

Room Tip: Our room was very small and crowded but I am sure they have larger ones we did not bother to change...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
I was delighted that you enjoyed the service we provided you with but was not happy to read that you found our rooms small. We are only a 62 room hotel however we pride ourselves on being able to provide a product that suits all tastes as every room in the hotel is different. If you do come back to London in the future please feel free to contact me personally and I will ensure we allocate a room that meets your expectations. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to us.