The Milestone Hotel and Residences
$251
$220
$184
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

$371
$310
Hilton
$363
$278
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$129
$122
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

$191
$153
Hotels.com
$271
$262
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $300/night.

$1,063
$846
  • Pool
2,125 results
All reviewskensington palaceafternoon teastables barred carnationwelcome drinkthe entire staffrose petalsfavorite hotellittle touchesturn down servicekensington high streethyde parkthe general managerhome away from homewonderful hotelevery member of staffbottle of champagne
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at The Milestone again last week, Christmas shopping with my niece. After a sumptuous lunch in their cosy lounge we headed for the shops. When we got back it was champagne all the way! Neil was, as ever, so welcoming. The new F&B Manager, Fabrizio, is a credit to the hotel. Dinner in the evening was again out of this world. The scallops to start were exceptionally well presented and tasty. My Venison with was pink, tender and perfect. My niece had the Kensington Pasty, WOW! who thought a 'pasty' could be this good (yes, I sneaked a taste). I never tire of The Milestone and will be back in the New Year with my Mother. Can't wait!

Room Tip: If you can get park facing you can spy on the neighbours (William and Kate)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

I was so happy to read your feedback following your return stay with us. I was delighted that you felt that you were "home from home" and also enjoyed your dining experience with us. I have passed on your thanks to Neil and Fabrizio and shared your kind words with the rest of the team here in the hotel.
I do hope you come and visit us again soon.
Seasons greetings,

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I was so glad that I've choosen this hotel for my short trip to London. I was staying on my own on December 2011 ( sorry guys. I know this is a little late to write but wanted to share my experience) to take care some staff for my family. Being away from my family and boyfiend during Christmas time, I was not so excited to be in London alone. That was changed after entering this hotel. When I arrived, I was greeted warmly and got all the assistance needed. They also put nice Christmas tree in my room. Everyone was so kind and the service was very personal. I felt at home and felt warm. One of the best experience at hotel for sure. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2012

I was so glad to read your review following your stay last year. Our aim is to always give our guests a "home form home" experience and I was delighted that you felt welcomed and comfortable during your stay. Please do come and see us again in the near future in your London home.
Seasons greetings,

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My mother and I stayed here for three nights. The service was fantastic; they went above and beyond helping us in so many ways. The location is perfect. Every village we wanted to visit was close.

~Julie

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very different. Be sure to look at more than one if possible to find the one that works for you.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JulieShear

I was delighted that you and your mother enjoyed your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you liked the service in the hotel as well as the location. I hope that you both return to us on your next trip to London. I have passed on your kind words on to my great team here.
Kind regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My family stayed at the Milestone for my mother's 80th birthday, it was the perfect choice. The reception staff and doorman were impeccable, curteous and helpful without being overbearing. The rooms were compact, but plenty big enough and the bathrooms were well appointed with a good size bath and excellent shower in one unit.
Make sure you visit the bar while you are there and chat to the excellent staff, I spent a very enjoyable evening talking to the barman and a guest from Boston as we tried to decipher the rules of cricket. The dinner to celebrate my mother's birthday was excellent. The food was superb and the wine list, although it has plenty of wines that cost more than my first car, also contains plenty of good affordable wines. Make sure you include breakfast with your booking, the small additional cost is well worth it; a continental buffet with fresh fruit, cereals, pastries etc AND a full English breakfast is included in the price. The gym is small, but well equipped and last but not least, the location is superb; 5 minutes from High Street Kensington tube station and directly across the road from Hyde Park. If you're looking for country hotel in the heart of London try the Milestone.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to read that you all, including your mother, enjoyed her 80th birthday celebrations. I have passed on your kind words to my team here and I do hope that we get the chance to meet your expectations once again in the near futre.
Kind regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Hotel is still one of the nicest I have stayed in and so glad they had their Christmas decorations up as stayed in the Springtime before. Unfortunately some things were a bit disappointing and just felt the attention to detail was missing in some areas. We had completed the preference form prior to arriving so couldn't understand why the fruit platter had only one of the fruits we asked for on it, did we get one meant for someone else? The evening meal was booked fo 7.p.m. on our preference form but the confirmation when it came was booked for 5.30.p.m. My friend had to contact the hotel to point out this error so we then received further confirmation for 7.30 p.m. which we decided to leave it at this time as it was only 30 minutes difference. We duly arrived at 7.30.p.m. and sat at the table we requested as there was no other diners there, no sign of any staff for quite a while and we felt a bit forgotten but eventually someone appeared. We decided to treat ourselves and ordered the Kobe steak, after another wait we were told that there there was no Kobe steak left so we had to order something else, if it is something that is not asked for often we would have requested it on our preference form if we had known. We opted for breakfast in our room on both days and the champagne was not delivered on both occasions, we did get it after we informed the staff member. Enjoyed breakfast first morning but second day my friends breakfast arrived with black pudding instead of the sausages she ordered. My scrambled eggs were really watery and I couldn't eat them. There was a mix up with the complimentary hot chocolate and a really funny incident with mint. I hope these comments are taken in a constructive way as expected for a hotel of this calibre, as most of the staff were really nice, especially Teddy who made us feel really welcome and would go out of his way to speak to us.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for your kind and much valued feedback and comments following your second stay with us at the Milestone. I'm delighted that you enjoyed our Christmas Decorations as we have been receiving some lovely comments about them and thank you for your lovely words about Teddy which I will be sure to pass onto him! I am most concerned and disappointed to read that you felt our attention to detail was not as you experienced on your previous stay with us. I have responded by way of an apology already to your colleague about the fruit selection. This should have been picked up and an acceptable alternative offered to you.
I am extremely sorry for the error in dinner reservation time that we made and I am most concerned to read that you were not greeted or acknowledged immediately that you arrived and that not only did we not have the Kobe steak available but that this was also not communicated immediately to you as it clearly should have been.
I appreciate that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we usually receive very good feedback on the consistency and quality of our breakfast - please accept my unreserved apologies that you had to request the glass of Champagne and especially that the breakfast was not correct and to our usual standard on the second day.
The Hot Chocolate is a very popular welcome drink that we offer during the festive season so I am very disappointed to hear about the mix-up with this that you experienced.
Please rest assured that we are as committed to delivering a consistently high standard of product now as we have always been and I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our usual level of service on your next stay with us.
Kind regards Andrew Pike