WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Fairfield, Connecticut
“wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the Milestone Hotel (September 2012) and would definitely give it an excellent rating. The room had every amenity (stayed in Deluxe King) you could want and the staff couldn't do enough for you. The location was good - right near the hop on/off bus - I would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend it.

cj - connecticut

Room Tip: stayed in a Deluxe King - plenty of room with a sitting area - very comfortable- bathroom very large
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I was so happy to read your great feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that we met your expecations and will choose to stay with us again in the near future. I have passed on your kind words to the team here.
Kind regards
Andrew Pike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I am staying at the hotel now..I booked through AmEx Fine Hotel and Resorts program. The hotel is located in a mostly resdiential area. The main sites in London, according to the concierge are a 25 minute cab ride away. With the exchange rate, that's about 50 dollars, one way. I asked the concierge this evening for a nice place in the area to get the flavor of London and he didn't have any suggestions.
The rest of the staff is helpful, but I expected more the for the rating and the cost.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoanthonyK
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was dissapointed to read your comments on our Concierge service which the Head Concierge is personally looking in to.
However I was delighted to read that you found the other services we provide to your satisfaction. I do hope that you will return to us again in the near furture and get the chance to exceed your expectations.
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I booked a superior room, which was the cheapest fare. Well everything is definitely 5-star, except the size of the room. It feels smaller than Travelodge rooms. One might think its ecological because the room heats up by your body heat, (its that small, but you get what you pay) but then on the other hand, using the aircondition or opening the window helps. Still great, will come again. The small room is fine for a night and on single occupancy. Staying longer needs upgrading...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad that you will return to us again and please feel free to contact any member of the team to discuss your room requirements so we can meet your expectations. I was pleased that you liked the service we provided you with and I have past on your kind words to my fantastic team.
Teesside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here as part of a birthday celebration. We could not fault the hotel at all. What a beautiful place but what made the stay perfect was the staff. Everyone who worked in the hotel were polite, friendly and helpful. We will definitely be staying at the milestone again. Thank you again for such a wonderful time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I was really pleased that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations with us and that we met your expecations during your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

My teenage daughter, husband and I really enjoyed the afternoon tea experience at the Milestone. The service is incredible, the tea rooms are just as the pictures show and the tea and cakes - unforgettable! We had a wonderful time. Our waiter was very funny, putting us at ease.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Intense
I was very happy to read your comments following your Afternoon Tea with us with your Daughter. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and please do come back and see us again soon. I have passed on your kind words to my great team here.

Kind regards
Monaco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My fiancé and I are pretty seasoned travelers and have stayed in some amazing hotels all over, but OMIGOD this is my hands-down favorite hotel!! we usually go for more contemporary hotels with modern design, so we were wary of the very traditional look of the Milestone initially. As soon as we parked our car around the corner (!!! we could PARK...that was a great start! haha) and walked in the lobby, we were blown away by how wonderful and attentive the staff were. Our bags were whisked away and replaced with flutes of champagne, and we were greeted by name..."You must be Mr and Mrs Rawding, welcome". The looks on our faces mustve been priceless. What a stellar greeting. As we were checking in, we were casually lamenting the fact that we were unable to secure a reservation at Nobu for that night--a friday--and how we really should've planned ahead. The concierge heard us, and within 3 minutes, he had gotten us a table for 8pm. WHAT?! It's like he was a magician. We had literally just been denied by that restaurant! We went upstairs to our room, which was super-plush and filled with soft squishy chairs and big fluffy robes. I have never liked that "traditional" style decor in any hotel except this one. we were even more thrilled when we discovered a little tray of pastries and cookies "from the chef", with a little welcome note. We felt like royalty.

The Milestone Hotel is always our first choice when we go to london, and I look forward to staying there again this Christmas (assuming all these glowing reviews don't book it up and leave me out in the cold;).

Warm Regards,
Natasha and Jason Rawding
Florida USA/Nottingham UK

Room Tip: Our room wasn't gigantic, but it was the coziest thing ever! The bath products were great and so...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank natashathefirst
Thank you so much for your kind words. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we met your expectations. Please do come back at Christmas and we will ensure you have another excellent stay.

Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a weekend at the Milestone Hotel to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. I've been lucky enough to stay at some wonderful hotels throughout the world, both on business and for pleasure from Bournemouth to Bora Bora, but have to say this was one of the nicest experiences yet.

From Manvee on the phone when booking, the doorman on arrival, the reception staff, the concierge, the bar staff (fantastic cocktails by the way!) and the cleaner I passed in the hallway Sunday morning; every interaction with the people who work there leave you feeling like a truly valued customer.

I'm trying to give a balanced review, warts and all, but I honestly I can't fault it.

Following my hotel choice my wife finally recognises what a great bloke I am, so I think we may make 15 years. If we do, we will definitely return. If we don't, her loss and I'll take someone else!

Room Tip: Let them pick the room for you!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Woody5628
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I really was delighted to read your review and I too hope we can have the chance to look after you once again on your 15th anniversary !! I was so happy that we met your expectations and I have passed on your very kind words to the great team I am proud to have at the hotel.