“Everything was perfect!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Everything was perfect!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel location is very remarkable and close to Oxford St. The staff starting from concierge to reception are friendly and welling to help. They recieve you with a smile and they let to you feel you are @ home. The room well decorated with modern interior design, the room amenities are good. Wifi is free all the time and they have a nice lobby. I liked the Gym and spa facility. I would highly recommend this hotel to whose looking for luxury stay in London with money value. I will visit this hotel again and again

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debby I
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I would like to really thank you for taking the time to post review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the welcome, facilities and most importantly the service to your liking. Our goal is to always provide a "home form home" experience.

I do hope that you will return to stay with us again in the near future.

Andrew Pike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2012

A gem of a hotel, well situated opposite Hyde Park.

The service was very attentive and friendly from the time we entered the hotel, dining was excellent with a very helpful sommelier...the team work between the Maitre d' and the sommelier and the waiting staff was just like a smooth running Swiss watch..

Freshly and tastefully decorated...Queen sized bed...I had asked for a king sized...perhaps unavailable...our room was " snug" but comfortable...we travel with a number of bags...there were no drawers...we stayed at another hotel previously in the UK...again no drawers to place one's clothes in...an UK phenomenon?

Room Tip: We had Amex platinum for a room upgrade.
1 Thank Andris L
I would like to thank you so much for your kind words and I have also noted your comments about the room category you stayed in.

I was delighted that we met your expectations with our restaurant service and that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

I really do hope that you come to stay with us again in the near future.

Lidingö
Reviewed September 26, 2012

After carefully choosing among the better hotels in London, we selected The Milestone.
Our choice couldn't have been better. Me and my partner have being staying at various
luxury hotels over the years and this was a most satisfying experience. What distinguish The Milestone from other hotels is its staff. Friendly, warm, welcoming, polite, service minded and with a glimpse of humor.
Breakfast was not included in our price, and it wasn't cheep, but on the other hand the service was excellent and the ambiance superb. We had dinner in the restaurant one night, and it turned out to be one of the best dinners of the entire trip. Big thanks to Farbrizio Russo, Food and Beverage Manager and to Lia Poveda who is Head Sommelier for making our dinner so memorable. Markus Rottensteiner took very good care of us in The Staples bar and in the cosy living room. Everything was impeccable and no detail was left unattended.
The difference between a good or excellent review is often based on wether my expectations are succeeded or not. At our departure I asked for a cab to take us to Paddington Station were we where going to catch the train for Heathrow, instead we were driven in one of the hotels cars.
We will most definitely return to room 309, overlooking Hyde Park.

1 Thank LasseH
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you ever so much for your very kind words following your recent stay. I was so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a great experience in our restaurant and that Fabrizio and his team exceeded your expectations.
All of the team here always try to exceed our guests expectations and when we receive comments like yours it really does make their day. I was also delighted that you had the chance to experience our Chauffeur service for your return to the airport.
I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Milestone Hotel is quintessentially English, with beautiful rooms and public areas honouring the best of British style and a warm welcome from staff making us feel like honoured guests. Breakfasts were superb, as were thoughtful touches such as fresh fruit and house-made cookies in our room. Attention to detail was evident in every aspect of our stay, which was perfect in all respects.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I was so happy to read your review. We always try to create a friendly home from home atmosphere in the hotel and I was delighted that you we met your expectations in all departments with our service and attention to details. As always I have passed on your kind comments on to my great team here at the hotel.

I do hope that you can join us once again on the near future.

Gatineau,Qc,canada
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We are currently relaxing in our beautiful room at the Milestone and I felt compelled to write a review right away before I forget all the elemets that have wowed us since our arrival this afternoon! First we were greeted with very warm welcomes from the staff, then we were given a tour of the hotel by the Butler, Pedro. Next we were treatedto complimentary drinks from the bar. As if that wasn't enough, beautiful little gifts awaited us in our room...a perfume scented sachet for my smelly luggage, a tray of fresh fruit, a ribboned package of dried dates..etc. On the television apersonnalized welcome message was displayed! Later themaid left a flower vase with a note asking if we preferedher not touching our personal items when cleaning! Tonight another little gift left onthe pillow! We are treated like royalty in a room fit for a king and queen! I have been to many 5 star hotels in the world but no other has had such a great WOW factor!

Room Tip: Our room is 311 facing the park. Excellent view and beautiful, classy decor. A bit on the small si...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time, especially during your stay, to post such a lovely review of your stay so far. I am so glad that you like all of the little touches we provide and the service, especially from Pedro, that you have received so far. I have passed on your kind words to the team.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and I do hope to meet you before your departure.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Dear Mr. Pike,
My partner and I recently stayed at your hotel to celebrate her 50th birthday. I simply can't thank you and your staff for making her birthday truly memorable. We appreciated the room upgrade to the Venetian Suite and the thoughtful touches from canapes in the evening, to the birthday morning breakfast. But most importantly, as has been the hallmark of your hotel, was the thoughtful service...not imposing or overbearing, but simply hospitable and considerate. We both travel internationally for business and have experienced the grandeur of the Raffles in Singapore, to the flamboyance of the One and Only Royal Mirage in Dubai, to what is considered the gold standard of service at the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok, but for my partner's birthday we wanted to experience something authentic, elegant, yet comfortable which The Milestone delivered.

The housekeeping staff was attentive to our varied requests from vases for flowers, ice for champagne, and unusual requests like yoga mats and gifting my partner the yoga DVD, and packing tape and boxes to send back excess luggage. The concierge was efficient with simple requests like recommendations for walks through traditional neighborhoods and parks and assisted in advance of our arrival to plan what was perhaps the highlight of our stay....The birthday dinner at Cheneston's felt like an intimate gathering in the home of a friend. I was incredibly impressed with the wine list (my favorite Chateauneuf du Pape!) and the succulent and creative preparation of the duck that I had. Our dinner guests, all Londoners, were also very impressed and delighted to have been introduced to a new restaurant. We also appreciate the accommodations the chef made for our vegetarian guest. Overall the staff was attentive but unobtrusive and the live pianist added to the celebratory but homey atmosphere.

My partner and I have spent our professional lives traveling and working overseas and doing some truly extraordinary things, but for her birthday she simply wanted the comfort of close friends and good food and a comforting and welcoming environment. Thank you for making her birthday exactly what she wanted. S. Howard, Washington, DC

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful validation and very kind feedback following your recent stay with us. I have enjoyed sharing your kind comments with my team as I very well realise that what's most important to our guests is the service as well as the small touches and this is what we continue to work hard at. I am especially pleased that you chose us to celebrate your partner's special birthday with us and delighted that you really used the hotel. So many guests are tempted to try the many varied restaurants to be found in London and perhaps miss out on what the Hotel has to offer so thank you for choosing Cheneston's for the celebration dinner!
I'm pleased to note that you enjoyed the selection of wines and Kim's "Goosenargh Duck" - it seems to have become a very popular dish amongst our selection.
We love to be tested with requests as well! Please don't hesitate to let me know when you next plan a trip to London as I would very much enjoy welcoming you back.
Kind regards Andrew Pike
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed September 22, 2012

What an incredible experience. The staff was phenomenal in anticipating our every need, the room was great with everything ... Including 2 summer and winter robes, fresh fruit and a welcome note from the manager...the bar was beautiful with hand-crafted cocktails and the restaurant was superb with great food and over the top attentive service.

Room Tip: Room 510 nice size, especially for major city. Not much view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was really happy that we delivered a service that met your expectations. All of the team here always try their hardest to anticipate our guests needs and like I always do have passed on your kind words to them.
I am so glad that we are now your favourite London hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.