“I'm pretty sure I'll be back!”

Twenty Nevern Square
Ranked #573 of 1,068 Hotels in London
“I'm pretty sure I'll be back!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Ottoman Suite of this hotel with my husband. It is a beautiful, large room, tastefully furnished. The bathroom was finished to a high standard, though we had a few reservations about the opaque glass double doors leading into it from the bedroom. I loved the bath in front of the room's fireplace and enjoyed a very relaxing bubble bath. We found the reception staff very friendly and helpful. The only reasons I didn't give 5 stars were the poor shower and the towels that left fluff all over me...one of my all time pet hates!
We slept well, and the hotel seemed to be quiet.
Nevern Square is SO convenient to Earl's Court tube station. There are lots of restaurants nearby, and we had a super leisurely lunch at Zizzi's, on Earl's Court Road, just minutes from the hotel.
I will most probably go back to this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Seals36

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Finnish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon and spent more than our everyday budget with it being a special occasion. We had room 7, an exec double. It was fairly spacious for London but not overly so, but it is in the city so were pleasantly surprised. Every where was very clean and all staff we had contact with we're friendly and polite. Breakfast was ample - lots of choice & yummy warm croissants every morning. It would be great to have your own tea making facilities in the room, even though you can order some to be delivered, it's just not quite the same. Lovely location and only a few minutes from the tube station. I love this area of London. Loads of nice restaurants etc but just a step away from the ceaseless bustle of city centre. Would stay again if I could afford it!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank sarah s
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Arrived at the hotel to find that there was "a problem" with our luxury double room we had booked. We were given "an upgrade" nothing special to be honest only what we had expected in he first instance.
We were told not to unpack as our room would be available the following day. Not great as it meant our clothes would be left in our bags and not hung up.
The following morning after a reasonable breakfast we asked if we could leave our suitcases in reception and they would move them to our room when it became available - said as though they were doing us a huge favour. On our return that evening, we were shown a very, very small room - not the luxury double we had booked. The room was so small it had to be seen to be believed, more like a single box room with a double bed in it.
What was so upsetting about our whole experience was that there were no apologies, whatsoever - nothing. Would we recommend - of course not.

Room Tip: Never ever go for a "Compact" room (we didn't, but it was what we got). They are so c...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 4TheStanleys
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Hotel was was as expected, we were only staying one night so picked the cheapest double room which was described as compact...!!
It was like a cupboard with a double bed in it, there was more space to move around in the en suite!
Shame as everything else was good, would I stay in the hotel again, yes, but in a compact room again, never.
Choose your room carefully and you will have a good experience.

• Stayed September 2013
Jamesburg, New Jersey
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here for 8 nights. This is only my second trip to Europe, so although I found the room (a twin #12) to be small, my understanding is that this is not unusual. (In fact, the room we had in Paris made this room seem spacious). We saved some room by putting the suitcases between the beds. We were welcomed to the room by a plate of fruit. The room and bathroom were nicely decorated and very clean. The robes provided were a much appreciated perk.

We found the staff to be very pleasant and accommodating. Although we arrived before check-in time, we were able to leave our luggage at the hotel and it was waiting for us in the room when we came back. Although they do not have coffee makers in the room, staff will bring you tea or coffee whenever you would like. There is also fruit available at all times in the common room downstairs.

It was the end of August, but still, the room seemed like it was hot. The staff did provide us with a portable air conditioner. However, the hose needed to go outside, so the window had to remain open. My suggestion for the management would be to make some sort of device that would fit into the window and have an opening for the hose. I did not mind that the window was open, but it seemed like a waste of energy because a lot of the cool air had to be going out the window.

There is a free continental breakfast consisting of various breads and pastries, yogurt, 2 types of cereal, fresh fruits, cheeses, and some meats. A hot breakfast is available for a fee, but I think most people will find the free selections sufficient. If you wish, you can have breakfast brought to your room.

When booking the hotel, I had no idea which part of London to stay in. But, this turned out to be a good choice. It was a short walk to Earl's Court tube station, which is on the Picadilly Line (and which directly connects to Heathrow Airport.) Although the hotel is in a quiet area, just a few blocks away are a variety of restaurants and stores (and a Laundromat, if that's important to you).

Some people have complained that they had a poor Wifi connection. I had no problem with that.

If I return to London, I would most likely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DebraAnn55
Milwaukee
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have stayed at this delightful property many, many times and always in the Pasha suite. However, I was terribly disappointed with developments last Christmas. We were travelling with friends and they decided to also stay at 20 Nevern Square based on our glowing reviews and the fact that they offer a wonderful holiday dinner at no additional charge. We both booked our rooms in July and were surprised that the rates were so low. Imagine my surprise when, after checking in and inquiring about the Christmas dinner, I was told the dinner was no longer offered.
The hotel manager offered us nothing when I told her it was advertised on their website at the time of booking. It was not on our confirmation email, but it WAS advertised on their site. I would still stay with them again, but cripes.

Room Tip: The Pasha suite is well worth the extra expense...cozy and romantic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom&Terry
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night and the staff were very accommodating and helpful in showing us the parking space (as we had a car) and taking our bags. We were in a Deluxe twin room in the basement which was a little dark but nice and although the decor and style was not quite to our taste it was very clean and well appointed with decent sized rooms for London. Good value and set in a beautiful square, this is a great place to stay in London as you are so close to Earls Court tube which gets you everywhere, and the staff were exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask to not be in the basement
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends