“Cast of deluxe double room...(Twin really!)”

Twenty Nevern Square
Ranked #599 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here in August 2012. We paid for a deluxe double room, i was looking forward to this hotel after reading the reviews here on trip advisor (how wrong could i get). We got the key room and well i was shocked....they tried to cast of a deluxe twin room as a deluxe double room they had just pushed the beds together, this room was also boiling hot! They had two small fans going plus the window open. At this point i was rather disappointed as we didn't get what we paid for. So after much complaining we were finally moved to another room, The room we were given was very small you could just move around the bed, the wardrobe space was small too and we could not fit our luggage in there. I'm sorry but this hotel is only good for the location and the breakfast.

Room Tip: I would honestly go for a suite if you were to stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We recently stayed at the Ottoman Suite for two nights as part of our 25th wedding anniversary celebrations;- we've stayed at Twenty Nevern Square before and the overwhelming majority of reviews here are absolutely spot on about room sizes etc etc. I think all seem to agree that Pasha and Ottoman are indeed beautiful rooms and are arguably the only really nice rooms in the hotel albeit at a pretty hefty £260 per night. Ottoman has lavish furnishings and has plenty of room to relax etc. The bed is fantastic as indeed is the lovely free-standing bath and walk in shower area. Certainly noticed a bit more noise this time though from surrounding rooms (above and next door) primarily from creaking floorboards - there was also more noise from outside traffic too (motorbikes!!!). Recommend a couple of sets of earplugs with you just incase they disturb you too. Staff are friendly and reacted swiftly to a couple of straightforward requests that we made during our stay for ice-buckets and more tea/coffee. We opted for a full English breakfast on one of our days and it was excellent quality and quantity;- they were £11.95 extra (each) though so weren't cheap. The free continental style breakfasts were perfectly adequate though. Access to tube is good via Earl's Court station (6 mins walk) and discovered a simple Chinese restaurant off Hogarth st (no 10) that looked very basic but delivered absolutely fantastic food at a sensible price - highly recommended.

Room Tip: go for Pasha or Ottoman if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ManchesterPowells
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Good location near the tube station.
Gorgeous and unique interior and the rooms were absolutely lovely. Service was excellent and food was great quality.
Pricey but no more than expected in London for a four poster room!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The last time we came for a short break to London we were less than impressed with our accommodation, so this time asked for recommendations from people in London. Our requirements were reasonably priced, parking, room for myself, my husband and our 7 year old, and near a tube station, preferably one for the museums. I am happy to say that twenty nevern square delivered on all. It is a two minute walk from earls court station, the room whilst not huge, was more than enough for the three of us, as we were only using it as a base. The ensuite is pretty small, but adequate, and toiletries, towels and robes are provided. The breakfast was served in a pleasant conservatory and was included in the room price. It was a continental. breakfast, weetabix or cornflakes, muesli, yoghurt, good choice of fruit, pastries and toast. You could order a hot breakfast at an additional cost. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The parking was a short distance from the hotel and was an extra charge. I would definitely come back again when visiting London.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2013

They sure do try hard. Booking was easy and straight forward. Check in service was excellent. Taken to our room which is in building next door. Steep stairs and very low ceiling in the room - but these issues were both very clear on the website when I booked it - so no surprises. But when they say low ceilings - they are not joking and I'm only 5' 6"! The room was nicely and comfortably furnished but some of the conversion work was a little tatty, window had a cracked and some of the mirrored surfaces on the bedroom furniture was cracked. Room was very warm as radiator in bathroom was set extremely high, was not adjustable and hot air rises up to the bedroom above. The window opened and a fan was available - so these issues were easily dealt with. The location is excellent for Earl's Court - minimal walk to shops and restaurants and the neighbourhood has low road traffic noise. Continental breakfast was included and was perfectly adequate. Service on check out was good. I'd probably call this a three star with a few nice extras (bathrobes, good quality bathroom products and the like).

Room Tip: I suspect that the rooms in the main hotel are better than the property next door. The bookings webs...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The solarium room is in a converted room, probably originally a kitchen or utility, it has the boiler for the building, complete with all the plumbing and all the noise that comes with heating and hot water being used. Plus if that was enough to contend with, all you hear when people use the stairs to each side and the rooms above are their movements and voices, it was dreadful and the staff were powerless or helpless to do anything when I complained! Me and my daughter could not sleep and I rung the reception at various points of the night to complain about the loud noises, not fit to be called a " luxury" room as described on the Internet on the booking site we booked on.
I did ask for another room and was told they were full, which from how they treated my complaint , I am dubious about.
DO NOT GO to this hotel, worst short stay hotel I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Do not book here, we booked the solarium, ironic it was freezing !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank L2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Booked a 'luxury' four poster bedroom in this hotel for a weekend London break with my girlfriend. I can quite safely say this was possibly the worst hotel stay I have ever experienced. The location was good with access to Earls Court Station and on arrival the receptionist was welcoming. Unfortunately those were the only positive aspects of our stay...

If you want a quiet 'boutique' hotel then DO NOT stay here - please! I have never experienced so much noise in a hotel before. Our 'luxury' room was on the lower ground floor right next to the lift which seemed to be used more or less constantly throughout the night. Whoever was in the room above quite clearly suffered with insomnia - I lost count of their incessant pacing. At stupid o'clock in the morning on our first night we had to call reception to complain about the noise from noisy guests in the room down the corridor who felt that the rest of the hotel ought to be awake because they were. Despite this I had to tell the guests to shut up myself!

Add to this the housekeeping noise at 8am on a Saturday and Sunday morning when most people enjoying a weekend away might appreciate a lie in. And then there was the burnt coffee...

Please do not waste your money staying at this hotel. I certainly won't make the same mistake twice!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple