“Very helpful front office/reception officer Mr.Agusto Sala”

The Abbey Court Notting Hill
Ranked #604 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Lahore, Pakistan
“Very helpful front office/reception officer Mr.Agusto Sala”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed along with my wife at Abbey Court and Westpoint Hyde Park Hotel,London UK from 18/09/2012 till 05/09/2012. The hotel is situated in an excellent location near to almost all the London attractions/night life sea/food streets and other nice hotels. It is very close to Paddington Station as well. Bus stop is also very close.
The front office/reception staff especially I would like to put on record the name Mr.Agusto Sala who has been very courteous and helpful. I have found him true professional in hospitality business as he understands the requirements of the customers and always ready to assist them.
I will stay in this hotel again!!!!!
Regards

Shahzad Iqbal
Pakistan

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TheAbbeyCourt, Manager at The Abbey Court Notting Hill, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review however your comments do not relate to our hotel as we have no one of that name working here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and a friend from Australia for 2 nights in May 2012. Excellent find and reluctant to tell anyone one else about a hidden gem at a very reasonable cost. Staff, very friendly, we had a double and friend a single and both rooms were spacious, clean and well appointed, quiet street, very near tube and therefore close to the centre. Staff accommodated friend arriving very early from Oz and even gave him an upgrade, a happy man!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank AMacEdinburgh
MANCHESTER
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed at The Abbey Court Hotel in Notting Hill again. Was meeting up with friends and loved every minute of it. The Hotel's Staff is so friendly and helpful. We got there early and was served coffee while we waited for our room. So comfortable...loved coming back "home' at the end of a busy sight seeing day. The breakfast was so filling, the newspapers a nice add. Loved how close it was to the Notting Hill Gate Tube stop...just up the street a bit. Loved spending Saturday on Portobello Road..again just a short walk away. I love this place and will be back! Thank you, Alain and all!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ELIZABETH D
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 25, 2012

One of the best things about the Abbey Court Hotel is its accommodating, non-jaded staff members. They truly try to be helpful and give good advice. The Abbey’s location is another strong point. It really is only 100 yards from the Notting Hill Gate tube station, which has access to three lines (though the Circle and District lines aren’t reliable). The 19th-century terraced houses on Pembridge Gardens are quite classy—just the kind of place I’ve always wanted to stay in London. One unexpected bonus was seeing parents walking their children to school in the mornings. The school uniforms were wonderful!

Initially I was disappointed in our room (18) because its décor and furnishings were shabby and didn’t look as good as the online photos of other rooms, but later I came to appreciate a lot of its good features: e.g., its large operable window with a view to the street, a very good bed, a nice (though small) bathroom. The room was well serviced daily. We enjoyed the Continental breakfast, which had everything we could ask for—fresh fruit, Muesli, good tea and coffee—plus exceptionally good croissants, pains de raisin, and other pastries.

We would be happy to return there one day, which is usually the best indication of a good hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor is quietest, but the stairs up are steep, especially after a long day of touring
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gadabout777
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I visited London last year and I stayed in the Abbey Court Hotel because it's near my friend's place. The location is good and the service of good too.
The breakfast was good. There's no elevator in the premises. Thus, you may want to inform them your preference to avoid disappointment or misunderstanding.
Good value for money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank IvorynGold
Mississauga
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I really enjoyed Notting Hill and the hotel's charm but found that the lack of Air Conditioning (or even air circulation through the window) was very uncomfortable. Also, there is no elevator and I had a lot of luggage (without any help) to drag up three flights of stairs. Lastly and more importantly, the hotel concierge arranged a taxi for me, to get to the airport but only upon arriving at the airport did the taxi driver tell me that they would not accept visa - cash only! I did not have $45 British Pounds so he held my luggage until I went into the airport to exchange Canadian for Sterling but they would not take visa either. In the end, I didn't have enough British Pounds, was $5 short so they used my visa in the end. After 30 minutes, I finally made it into the airport to check in. Very frustrating. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have special needs or lots of luggage, I would request a room on the main floor. I stayed on...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank QuiGonJin
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed at this charming hotel the middle of May for 2 nights. The location is just 1/2 block from the Notting Hill Tube station. Make sure you leave on the right exit. I didn't and missed the right street. After a hard journey from the airport with a broken suitcase, I was meet with a cheerful face and a cold glass of water. It was so appreciated! My single room was just the right size, not too small; I was worried after some reviews. I was in room 10 on the first floor. For travelers from US, that is on the 2nd floor. The view wasn't anything to speak of, but I just went outside to see the nieghborhood. This area is in an area of family homes, quiet and well kept. The children leaving for school in the morning was a sight to see. The breakfast was nice for a start to the day. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if stairs are not your favorite thing, request a room on a lower floor. Room 10 was...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo