7,034 results
All reviewsoxford streetdominion theatregreat locationtottenham court tube stationbritish museumwest endrooms are smallbusy hotelcentral locationtheatre breakcovent gardentwin roomshort stayfull englishstandard roomtea and coffeevq
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

On 6th floor noise constant all night Stay didn’t start well when my colleague was given her room only to find someone already booked in clothes and case in the room not good advertisement for personal security For the price disappointing that they expect another £10 for breakfast coffee shop nearby got the business instead

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Jamie P, Public Relations Manager at St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear Carl,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused. We would be happy to work with you to improve our service. Please feel free to contact us on feedback@stgiles.com (stating your full name, date of your last stay and your tripadvisor name). We hope your experience does not deter you from visiting us again.

Kind Regards
St Giles London Team

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

First time here and I'd certainly stay again due to the incredible location. We were so close to everything we didn't take the tube once during our visit (although we do like to walk!) despite the two minute stroll to Tottenham Court Road station. The hotel is dated, gloomy and not that clean. The lifts were so bad that we generally walked up and down the stairs (we were only on the sixth floor so this wasn't too bad). The bathroom was tiny and very dark, the room had no air conditioning so the window had to be open at all times (I'm not sure I'd stay here in summer!!) which made it noisy but luckily we were so tired it didn't matter. Location is everything with this hotel and this lifts it above the others.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank amelia80
Jamie P, Public Relations Manager at St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Hi Amelia80

Thank you for the review, we are pleased to read that the location of the hotel was ideal for the purpose of your stay. We will however pass on your feedback to our management and will work on improving where possible.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future. If you do plan a future stay with us, please be sure to use the promo code Trip5 on our website for additional savings on our best available rate.
St Giles London

Reviewed October 15, 2017

My sister and I stayed here while on a trip with Newmarket Holiday.
The staff on the desk were very good especially as three coaches were coming in at once. The rooms were a little dated but clean tea/coffee We had no problem with noise think we were lucky as corner room on a side street. Breakfast was first class and set us up for our onward journey Thanks again St Giles,will return if in area..

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Jamie P, Public Relations Manager at St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear Hillary S

Thank you for the lovely review and we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back in a near future.
St Giles London team

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

I do know you get what you pay for in London - and it was a good deal.

However I was extremely disappointed when arriving to be told that there was SCHEDULED maintenance happening - which would mean no hot water was available. So much for a shower and a change before heading out to the theatre......

As expected, the room was tiny, outdated and didn't have a lot going for it - didn't make you want to stay in it, but lack of hot water aside, it didn't make you want to run for the hills.

The staff however really could do with some sessions in customer service. Even taking into account that their English wasn't great and a lot was being lost in translation - I haven't felt that patronised over requesting a room key for a long time!! My understanding was that I was to hand (the rather large, obvious Hotel key) into reception when I left (unwashed) for the theatre. The disdain I was dealt with when requesting it later when we arrived back - did make me question the original instruction. Anyway, if you wish to be dealt with like an errant 3 year old - then please so engage with this team.

On the plus side - as we were checking out and falling down the steps over a large party who were apparently checking in - we met a fantastic concierge. I can't for the life of me remember his name, but he was a Portuguese gentleman. All credit goes to him for keeping his sense of humour amongst the mayhem and for being the only person who actually made us feel welcome in the hotel!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Dear Magicmummybrown

Thank you for your feedback and we are very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused and would like to have the opportunity to work with you on improving our service. Please feel free to contact us on feedback@stgiles.com (with your full name, date of stay and tripadvisor name) so we could investigate the matter further.
We hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back.
St Giles London

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

Room was small but clean but what the hotel may lack in interior design it makes up for in spades with the location which is excellent for shows shops and stations. Really good buffet breakfast too. A small gripe was that the room was next to an extractor fan and was noisy, I should have asked to be moved but thought it might be switched off at some point, it wasn't! Avoid room 175 but do stay here, I will again for sure.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

Hi Grumpyoldwoman99

Thanks for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and would come back to us. Next time you do, be sure of taking advantage of the promo code TRIP5 on our website for additional saving on our best available rate.
kind regards