7,024 results
All reviewsoxford streetdominion theatregreat locationtottenham court tube stationbritish museumwest endrooms are smallcentral locationbusy hoteltheatre breakcovent gardentwin roomshort stayfull englishstandard roomtea and coffeevq
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Stayed in Room 258 on Monday October 9th 2017. The check-in was quick and easy. The room was clean but decor was very dated and tired looking. My room had two single beds which were firm but comfortable. There was no view from the window which only opened 6 inches and it was noisy when the window was open. There were wardrobes in the room but only a couple of hangers. A safe was handy but I didn't use it. I also found some spare towels in there but this was after I could have used them! There was also a small desk, chair and kettle.
The bathroom was small but clean, they only had multi use soap dispensers rather than individual shampoo, shower gel etc. Luckily I had taken my own.
The shower was decent with enough water coming out at an adjustable temperature.
As always I took my earplugs as I'm a light sleeper. I was glad as when people were opening nearby doors it sounded like someone was trying to get into my room!
It is a big hotel and near Tottenham Court tube station. There are a few shops nearby including a large Sainsbury's local where I bought some water (although there are vending machines in the hotel and a small bottle of water was a reasonable £1).
I was impressed that they had four restaurant/bars on site. I tried Hudsons but stood waiting for 5 minutes whilst staff wandered about but didn't come to seat me. I then when to the upstairs restaurant Sage & Chili - they had a set menu for pre theatre £9.99 before 9pm - was good food.
I paid £120 for the night which I thought was expensive for the hotel but probably reasonable for London these days. It served its purpose well even if it didn't wow me or impress me with modern luxury.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Jamie P, Public Relations Manager at St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for letting us know about your recent stay at St Giles London.

We appreciate your feedback on your room, it's decor, and cleanliness. Management will be notified so we can work to improve our service. They will also be notified about the need for refurbishments. We are happy to read that you found the bed comfortable.

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our main restaurant Sage & Chilli. Your comments will be shared with our team so they can keep up the great work. We do hope that with our convenient location, we can get the chance to welcome you back in the future.

When planning your next trip to London please be sure to book with us directly through our website. When you do, use the promo code Trip5. This code will get you additional savings on our Best Available Rates.

Warm regards,
St Giles London

Reviewed October 10, 2017

Overall this hotel is very good, kind, courteous and helpful staff. Room a little on the small size but clean and warm. If our stay was for longer then a larger room would have been more comfortable. The breakfast was excellent, plenty of choices for everyone. The only downside was the bar. Keeping this part of the review short, we ladies asked for vodka and mixers, first drink had vodka the second didn't, also the barman when he opened the bottles of mixers we weren't given the remaining of the bottle. When we complained, we were told the ice diluted the vodka!!! How absurd, anyway got the matter sorted but thought how cheeky this member of staff was. Then to our amazement, another barperson was mixing cocktails, what was left over he poured into a fresh glass then drank this himself!!!! In full view of others. The hotel need to check their cctv to reprimand this person. Other than this incident, everything about the hotel was good.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Jamie P, Public Relations Manager at St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Vonnie,

Thank you for the comment on your recent stay with us. We were pleased to read that you have appreciated our staff and had generally a comfortable stay. We will however pass on your feedback about Hudson's house to the management of this outlet. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in a near future.
Warm regards
St Giles London team

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Small room, but functional and quiet, on the 5th floor.

We loved the ideal location of the hotel, which is next to the Tube, Oxford Street and the British Museum. The breakfast buffet was generous, even though it appeared to have been drowned in salt.

The personnel was very friendly and happy to help us!

3 niggles to report:
- When we took the room, we found only 1 ready towel set (for the two of us). This set was dirty (unidentified yellowish stains on it) but the problem was quickly solved (we found another clean set in the cupboard, and put everything to wash the following day).
- The shutters do not block exterior light by night (very useful to sleep haha).
- The spring mattress that decided to give up during the last night, and one spring at a time!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Lovely clean room with comfortable beds and spare pillows in the cupboard. Lovely friendly staff and a quick efficient check in. The breakfast consisted of everything and was fresh and at the correct temperature. This hotel is excellent value for money and I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

Dear Helen

Thank you for the lovely comment on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and hope to welcome you back in a very near future. When you do, feel free to us the code Trip5 on our website to benefit from additional saving on our best available rate.
Warm regards
St Giles London team

Reviewed October 9, 2017

It took 40 mins to check in I had booked a double bed but was told only single beds were left. I later found out that a colleague who checked in after me had secured a double bed. The shared areas and corridors are dirty, the carpets are stained and the decor is very poor. In my room the carpet was rippled and filthy, the wood on the cupboards was chipped and the shower cubicle was black and grimy with dirt. Overall the hotel looks tired, dated and grubby.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Jamie P, Public Relations Manager at St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear guest,

We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy your visit with us. Your feedback on your room is appreciated. This review will be provided to our management team so that improvements can be made. We would also appreciate if you could email us at feedback@stgiles.com with your full name and date of stay. We want to know what room you were in and work with you on this experience in the hopes that you can be welcomed back in the future. We hope to hear from you soon.

Warm regards,