“Location,location, location !!!”

St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #623 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Thanks it´s perfect location St. Giles is good choice for some nights during your tourist / shopping visit of London when you do not intend to spent lot of time in the hotel. Rooms are small but clean, you can prepare your coffee or tea in the room but there is not free wifi connection. Twoo main problems : 1) breakfast - do not book it it when you do not want to stand in the long queue every morning. The breakfast area does not correspond to the hotel size and is equipped like a school canteen. The food is not so bad but nothing special. 2)Lifts - the same as breakfast room, not sufficient for the number of people, you have to wait very long time and also the stairs are overcrowded so to use it with your luggage is nearly impossible. Keep it in mind by your check-out and calculate the time reserve !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank VeraSvarcova

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Hotel is perfectly located in the heart of London. Close to everything and perfect if you want to spend your money shopping.

The rooms show signs of age/not very modern. Got a very small room with a narrow bed, and with hardly any space around the bed. The bathroom however was great - and the cleaning was very good. Noisy when window was open, try to get a room in the back yard.

The location is the great - a 1-minute walk from Oxford Street and Tottenham station - perfect if you want to spend your time shopping in Oxford street and Regent Street. Buy the Oister-card at the airport for public transport - we spent less than 15 pounds on travel from/to airport Heathrow and around London on the double-deckers, and got 5 pounds in return at Heathrow when we delivered the Oister-cards.

Love London :)

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the back yard.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I never expect much from a Hotel in Central London, but was very pleassantly surprised! Good sized room (although tiny shower room), spotlessly clean, none of the queues either at check in or for lifts. Location is superb, a 2 minute walk from Oxford Street (and the Christmas lights are very pretty this year). Staff very pleasant and helpful.....everything I needed for a pleasant overnight work trip, and all at a very reasonable late for December in Central London.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

General warning to everyone regarding this hotel!! Booked in October for December stay. Booked online. Received ONE confirmation email to say room is booked. Week later I went to the shop and card my was rejected. Looked on my account. Transaction had been taken out my account not once but TWICE!! Phoned the hotel. They told me to ring back Monday. Phoned back monday. The guy on phone reassured me that the money will be in my account within 2-4 weeks!! I waited over a month. Checks account. Money still not in! Phoned back this morning. Spoke to female accounts manager who was very rude as if I'm in the wrong!! Told me she would speak to a colleague before getting back to me. Still no phone call so I phoned my bank who is doing an investigation!! I am really not looking forward to staying in this hotel now. Just feel like something will go drastically wrong! However I will write a further hotel once I have stayed. But for the time being, beware this hotel charges you twice without your consent! I've also noticed I am not the first person they have done this to. Fuming aint the word!!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed in the st Giles hotel in November when we were there for a couple of nights. A friend had said she had stayed there. The location is excellent and handy for theatres Convent Garden and there is a tube just round the corner. The hotel is very busy and we were booked in on a bed and coffee to go basis which turned out well as tge queues for breakfast were quite long. The coffee to go is either s coffee or tea, a pastry and a piece of fruit which we found to be perfectly adequate. You go to tge upstairs lounge and you pick what you want then you can sit in the lounge to eat it. The rooms were clean and adequate. Very busy hotel being central London and there are no frills here but we were not expecting any.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Location is perfect for shopping - literally a stone's throw away from Tottenham Court Road. As for the rooms, we paid extra for a "deluxe" double. The best I can say about it was that it was clean and comfortable. Not sure exactly what qualifies as "deluxe" in their classification! To me, this was on par with a Travelodge anywhere else in the country, only difference being that you got to pay London prices here!
I called down to reception to ask for an ice bucket and 2 champagne glasses. On first attempt, the call connected and I was told "I'll have them brough to your room madam", before I'd even spoken to anyone! When I asked what they were bringing up, I was put on hold then disconnected. On the second attempt I was told "we don't do room service" and that I would have to go down to the concierge to collect them myself.
In the room there was a folder with lots of information - including the card relating to breakfast in which it warns of a 20 minute queing time! Funnily enough I didn't bother!
I won't be returning to this hotel in a hurry.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here for a night in September, it's okay if you want a central base but otherwise I wouldn't stay again at all. Rooms are tiny, dull and basic. Forget about the breakfast, very disappointing! The restaurant is more like a school canteen - don't bother paying the extra its honestly not worth it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family