“Overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #603 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Tegryn, null, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I never expect much from a Hotel in Central London, but was very pleassantly surprised! Good sized room (although tiny shower room), spotlessly clean, none of the queues either at check in or for lifts. Location is superb, a 2 minute walk from Oxford Street (and the Christmas lights are very pretty this year). Staff very pleasant and helpful.....everything I needed for a pleasant overnight work trip, and all at a very reasonable late for December in Central London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (980)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

General warning to everyone regarding this hotel!! Booked in October for December stay. Booked online. Received ONE confirmation email to say room is booked. Week later I went to the shop and card my was rejected. Looked on my account. Transaction had been taken out my account not once but TWICE!! Phoned the hotel. They told me to ring back Monday. Phoned back monday. The guy on phone reassured me that the money will be in my account within 2-4 weeks!! I waited over a month. Checks account. Money still not in! Phoned back this morning. Spoke to female accounts manager who was very rude as if I'm in the wrong!! Told me she would speak to a colleague before getting back to me. Still no phone call so I phoned my bank who is doing an investigation!! I am really not looking forward to staying in this hotel now. Just feel like something will go drastically wrong! However I will write a further hotel once I have stayed. But for the time being, beware this hotel charges you twice without your consent! I've also noticed I am not the first person they have done this to. Fuming aint the word!!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed in the st Giles hotel in November when we were there for a couple of nights. A friend had said she had stayed there. The location is excellent and handy for theatres Convent Garden and there is a tube just round the corner. The hotel is very busy and we were booked in on a bed and coffee to go basis which turned out well as tge queues for breakfast were quite long. The coffee to go is either s coffee or tea, a pastry and a piece of fruit which we found to be perfectly adequate. You go to tge upstairs lounge and you pick what you want then you can sit in the lounge to eat it. The rooms were clean and adequate. Very busy hotel being central London and there are no frills here but we were not expecting any.

• Stayed November 2012
St. Neots, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Location is perfect for shopping - literally a stone's throw away from Tottenham Court Road. As for the rooms, we paid extra for a "deluxe" double. The best I can say about it was that it was clean and comfortable. Not sure exactly what qualifies as "deluxe" in their classification! To me, this was on par with a Travelodge anywhere else in the country, only difference being that you got to pay London prices here!
I called down to reception to ask for an ice bucket and 2 champagne glasses. On first attempt, the call connected and I was told "I'll have them brough to your room madam", before I'd even spoken to anyone! When I asked what they were bringing up, I was put on hold then disconnected. On the second attempt I was told "we don't do room service" and that I would have to go down to the concierge to collect them myself.
In the room there was a folder with lots of information - including the card relating to breakfast in which it warns of a 20 minute queing time! Funnily enough I didn't bother!
I won't be returning to this hotel in a hurry.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here for a night in September, it's okay if you want a central base but otherwise I wouldn't stay again at all. Rooms are tiny, dull and basic. Forget about the breakfast, very disappointing! The restaurant is more like a school canteen - don't bother paying the extra its honestly not worth it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here 3 days in a single room - although the room/bathroom was very small, it was o.k. and clean. After all you are in London to do shopping, sightseeing etc. The hotel was very busy - sometimes a long waiting time for the elevator .... the breakfast was not that delicious but basic. I would stay there again because of the location.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 364 - fine little corner room with a view to a street
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Taunton, Somerset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is brilliant if you just want to get your head down on a visit to London or Heathrow. It is right opposite Feltham station and on the end of the main high street.Parking is only £7.00 a night. So you can park up, check in and be in Waterloo station half hour later. Don't bother with breakfast because there's a Wetherspoons 2 mins away on the high street and a Macdonald's opposite. The rooms are basic but warm and clean. We arrived at 10am and checked in only to secure our rooms, but the 2 rooms were ready. We dumped our bags and jumped on a train 5 minutes later. We were in the West End by 11am. Amazing. Feltham can be a bit noisy and we could hear the trains. But great for a basic, cheap stay near London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family