“Distinctly average - definitely no frills!”

St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #622 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Location is perfect for shopping - literally a stone's throw away from Tottenham Court Road. As for the rooms, we paid extra for a "deluxe" double. The best I can say about it was that it was clean and comfortable. Not sure exactly what qualifies as "deluxe" in their classification! To me, this was on par with a Travelodge anywhere else in the country, only difference being that you got to pay London prices here!
I called down to reception to ask for an ice bucket and 2 champagne glasses. On first attempt, the call connected and I was told "I'll have them brough to your room madam", before I'd even spoken to anyone! When I asked what they were bringing up, I was put on hold then disconnected. On the second attempt I was told "we don't do room service" and that I would have to go down to the concierge to collect them myself.
In the room there was a folder with lots of information - including the card relating to breakfast in which it warns of a 20 minute queing time! Funnily enough I didn't bother!
I won't be returning to this hotel in a hurry.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here for a night in September, it's okay if you want a central base but otherwise I wouldn't stay again at all. Rooms are tiny, dull and basic. Forget about the breakfast, very disappointing! The restaurant is more like a school canteen - don't bother paying the extra its honestly not worth it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here 3 days in a single room - although the room/bathroom was very small, it was o.k. and clean. After all you are in London to do shopping, sightseeing etc. The hotel was very busy - sometimes a long waiting time for the elevator .... the breakfast was not that delicious but basic. I would stay there again because of the location.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 364 - fine little corner room with a view to a street
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is brilliant if you just want to get your head down on a visit to London or Heathrow. It is right opposite Feltham station and on the end of the main high street.Parking is only £7.00 a night. So you can park up, check in and be in Waterloo station half hour later. Don't bother with breakfast because there's a Wetherspoons 2 mins away on the high street and a Macdonald's opposite. The rooms are basic but warm and clean. We arrived at 10am and checked in only to secure our rooms, but the 2 rooms were ready. We dumped our bags and jumped on a train 5 minutes later. We were in the West End by 11am. Amazing. Feltham can be a bit noisy and we could hear the trains. But great for a basic, cheap stay near London.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Booked this hotel with a hotel and theatre package, ideally placed for most of the theatres.

Rooms as stated are very small but clean and pleasant

Bar in hotel very good when we returned from our evening

Breakfast included in price and cannot complain good choice and hot

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I've booked this hotel for 7 days with my sister after a good friend of mine recommend it as nice centeral hotel right next to Oxford st'
Well I got nice twin bed room small but good on the sixth floor nice size bathroom in the morning the meal was allright good selection of things to eat .
The hotel is in great location and the stuff are nice and friendly
I could ask more for that price I honestly recommend it .

Reviewed December 3, 2012

When you need to stay central in London, St Giles offers a great positon close to Oxford Circus and on the corner of Tottenham Court Road. Check in was torture. First the room was ready, then when I raised a query it suddenly wasn't. Staff take a while to 'warm up' in the friendly stakes, am sure it because they are the front line for flak, but come on, we're not all ogres.
Finally got the room, on the 9th floor. Tiny room but all you need with a narrow dressing area and a caravan bathroom. Two windows, one overlooking TCR the other out the back. The room smelled strongly of stale damp towels, pseudomonas. Eugh, couldn't get it out of my head. No fan in the bathroom probably didn't help. Noisy night, can hear upstairs clearly and even though high up, the street noise was disturbing, though not the hotel's fault. Lifts have their own agenda, wouldn't like to stay here if tehre was a fire. Didn't book breakfast but from the other reviews that was probably a good thing. Plenty of street cafes around to serve the breakfast of your choice. The bed was very comfy and warm. Otherwise an adequate place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business