Tripadvisor
London
14,347 results
All reviews covent garden gin palace wooden shutters great location trafalgar square single room charing cross station lounge bar west end theatre land executive room central location rooms are small london eye afternoon tea savoy doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Front desk, Doormen, and Armad all very pleasant, courteous, and accommodating. We booked a room with king bed. But it had no chairs. When we asked if we could upgrade to a room with chairs the front desk accommodated us without additional charge. Very comfortable. Chose it because easy walking to several theatres, pubs, Coventry Garden marketplace. Hotel maintenance workers were a little noisy in the hallway, kind of early in the morning, but the work has to be done sometime.

Date of stay: January 2020
HollyStrand372, Guest Relations Manager at Strand Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback; I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will ensure our staff receive your feedback!

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

We had an amazing time at the Strand Palace hotel, central spot for walking about and seeing the sites. Looking forward to going again

Excellent facilities including the Gin bar great late night snacks (club sandwich).

Staff very friendly and efficient

Dear Sally,

Thank you for your positive review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us!

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Just stayed for 1 night, but was very impressed by the room, and particularly the excellent beds. Very comfortable indeed. Bathroom was good. Breakfast was a little disappointing, particularly at the price

Dear Elwyn,

Thank you for your feedback; I am pleased that you had an enjoyable nights sleep with us!

I do however apologise that you were disappointed with the overall breakfast experience; I do hope you were able to share specific points with our management team.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

We stayed at the Strand Palace a few years ago and wasn’t impressed, but I read that it had been refurbished and because it’s in a fantastic location we decided to try this hotel again. This Hotel has changed out of all recognition, excellent bar and dining area, lovely spacious rooms, excellent bathroom, and probably the best breakfast I’ve had in years, and all the staff were amazing,I will look no further for my next visit. Well done the Strand Palace good job.

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your 5 star Hotel - I am delighted that had a positive experience whilst staying!

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Was pleasantly surprised how nice this hotel is, our room was recently renovated as it was all brand new and very stylish.
We had a double cosy room which I was expecting to be really small but that was not the case!
Great location, great price, friendly staff, great gin bar and for those late nights an alcohol vending machine with ice buckets :-)

Dear KJ,

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am most pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back.