Strand Palace Hotel
$162
$271
Chesterfield
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$153
  • Pool
11,160 results
All reviewscovent gardenwooden shuttersgin palacegreat locationtrafalgar squaresingle roomlounge barcharing cross stationwest endexecutive roomtheatre landcentral locationlarge hotelrooms are smalllondon eyefull englishlondon hotel
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night, the location was great but unfortunately that was the best thing about the hotel. We happened to stay on a really hot day which ment the room was very hot in the evening, that with all the noise going on around the hotel (people walking past talking, banging of other doors and being able to hear water nose from other rooms) ment we didn’t sleep well which is a shame as the bed was very comfortable. We heard the person above us having their shower at 6.30 the following morning. I understand some of the rooms have been upgraded I hope they’ve added soundproofing in the upgrades! Breakfast was good & all the staff we’re friendly but because of the room I think it’s a bit expensive for what you get.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Patrick B, Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Hannah,

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

I am pleased that you were able to make use of our unbeatable location.

I do apologise that you were unhappy with the room that you were allocated.We do agree that our rooms may seem a little dated and this is something that we are working on. We are currently in the process of a long-term strategic improvement plan for our Hotel and we are paying a great deal of attention to enhancing the existing rooms, aesthetically, technologically and physically, so I hope the aspects mentioned are improved for your next stay here.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Helpful staff, clean rooms, unbeatable location!! People at the reception desk are willing to help you also beyond their duties. Thank you very much! My 5 stars definitely doesnt mean a feeling of a 5 star hotel (which this hotel is not) but taking into consideration hotel’s supercentral and superconvenient location, reasonable price (not cheap but not overpriced) & hotel’s amenities (even gym is here) it is very ok and I feel and sleep well here whenever I come to London. Usually I just move only by foot here - all is within few or several minutes from this hotel - river bank (both sides incl.London Eye), theatre district with all plays and musicals, Leicester square, Trafalgar square with its British museum nearby, Piccadily etc...I think the hotel is renovating step by step its rooms ( I didnt hear any noise) and they look neat. But the restaurant really needs it as well - probably it’s in the plan ahead (hopefully) since it has quite nice halls but really old looking and worn seats (so easy to change ) ...a gentleman would not invite his girlfriend for a dinner here if he can choose — my only bad point here...while cuisine here is good!. I believe in this hotel and won’t change it for small gateways out to London or simple business trips.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

I am delighted that we will be your hotel of choice when returning to London.

We are indeed in the process of a Hotel refurbishment so I do hope we are able to improve on aspects mentioned.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always stay here when in London, brilliant location for Covet Garden, theatre land and other locations. It is a great value hotel with excellent facilities. Rooms are clean tidy and comfortable, breakfast is superb.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here with us!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Five nights in London at the Strand Palace Hotel. Good size room twin bed, brilliant shower with decent water pressure. Breakfast included good value fir money and recommend The Gin Palace Bar for 2 for 1 cocktails and happy hour.

Every time I stay I have a good holidaythanks to the staff who are all helpful and friendly especially the doormen.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our room (executive king) was lovely, and the location of this hotel is perfect for London tourists, and especially for folks like us who love the theatre. The hotel breakfast was top-notch and even at the end of our 10-day stay, we were not tired of it. We often ate dinner at nearby pubs, and many nights we went across the street to either Boots or Sainsbury to buy a sandwich, drink, and goodie for a few pounds. If we have the good fortune to get back to London, we will stay at the Strand Palace again, and we highly recommend it to you.

Room Tip: We had a view of The Strand and loved it! Ask for a room with a street view.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear David,

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

It is most pleasing to read that you had a 5 star stay with us! I do hope we can welcome you back here to stay again!