“Perfect location for us!”

Thistle Trafalgar Square, The Royal Trafalgar
Ranked #193 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night to celebrate our ten year anniversary. We booked it in January as there was a sale on and got a very good deal which included breakfast. The reception staff were lovely and very friendly. We were upgraded from a standard to executive room free of charge because of the our special occasion which was so nice of them. Easy check in. Once in our room, room service brought us up a free bottle of red wine to celebrate. Made us feel VIP during our stay which you don't find a lot.
Room wasn't huge but the bed was and very comfortable. No mini bar but there was tea making facilities and a flat screen TV. Bathroom was very modern with double shower. We could see the London eye from our room too.
Location is 2 seconds from Leicester Square, perfect location for us as we love that area!
Breakfast is hot buffet but they do bring you toast and hot drinks. Food was good.
All in all a brilliant stay and we would definately recommend. Hope to visit again soon.

1  Thank GILL02091984
There are newer reviews for Thistle Trafalgar Square, The Royal Trafalgar

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We booked a double room for 2 nights for a theatre break and at check-in were offered a free upgrade to a junior suite! The room was beautifully and tastefully presented with a massive extra-king sized bed! The bathroom had a bath with shower attachment as well as a walk-in shower and every facility we could have wished for. The staff are all friendly and attentive and although this may not be the cheapest hotel in Central London it is one of the best at the price and perfectly located just 100 yards from Leicester Square, backing onto the National Gallery. Can't wait to come back again!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Can't praise enough. Rooms are lovely and comfy and all the staff friendly and helpful. Location is brilliant easy to access all the shops and places of interest. Overal cleanness of the hotel is excelent. Food is great and the room service fairly fast. I was a little bit anxious about the beauty treatmens as I am used to my regular beautician but I was very happy and satisfied with the tratment I received. I would most definitely stay at this place next time I'm around.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel is lovely very clean and beautiful rooms. We got a free upgrade thankyou so much. I have no complaints very satisfied for everything the staff done for us. The hotel is so close to china town and all the attractions.Well done!!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jencodown_11
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had afternoon tea with awowcher code today. My friend and I were directed by the reception staff to a waiter who was very polite and welcoming and he led us to the restauarant where we met by a lovely African lady with a lovely smile who then directed the waiter to take us to our seats.
We received wonderful care and were constantly attended to including offers of photos taken of us together on our phones thanks to Patricia, more food.....bubbly, sandwiches,cakes, cream tea and tea was magnificant. Thank you so much Thistle hotel staff...most importantly Thank you for making us feel very valued and specilal regardless of the wowcher deal......it made my birthday treat for my friend very special.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a very good stay at this hotel. It is located on a quiet street but yet very close to the very lively Trafalgar Square. There are many shops and things to do in the area plus a variety of restaurants all easily gotten to on foot. The hotel was very quiet and our room was well appointed and nicely decorated. It was spotless. I am a quiet sleeper and no issues at all with sleeping well, plus they have blackout curtains that help as well. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We would definately stay here again. To get here take the Heathrow express train (15 minutes) to Paddington station and then take the Bakerloo line to Charring Cross station (15-20 minutes) then its a short walk to the NW to Whitcomb Street.

Room Tip: We selected the executive room offer with the king size bed which was very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I booked this using KGB vouchers before reading the reviews given by others who had booked Afternoon Tea. I can only say that we were most pleasantly surprised by both the quality of the service and the food. My mother doesn't like fish and I asked them to change the sandwich selection which was done very quickly, and with a smile. We were offered more tea but we couldn't eat or drink another thing. My 80 year old mother enjoyed it very much, so I'm extremely delighted. Would definitely recommend,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family