1,798 results
All reviewsnational gallerygreat locationwest endquiet streetjunior suitecovent gardencharing crosshuge bedcentral locationwithin walking distancetheatre landlondon eyefree upgradeexcellent hotelstandard roomreception staffdefinitely stay here again
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel on New Years Eve 2012. I booked a standard double room but emailed the hotel to ask if they had a room with a larger bed due to my over sized boyfriend!

They emailed me back saying that s it was NYE they were fully booked but would try their best.

We arrived at the hotel and was impressed with the location - right round the corner to Leicester Sq and Trafalger Sq but on a quiet street away from the crowds.

The reception was warm and friendly and on giving my details they advised me that they had been able to accomdate my request and gave me a complimentary upgrade to a King Room. They advised me that they had also given me a room on the top floor for best views over London. I was very happy about this as was hoping to get a room where I could see the fireworks at midnight.

When I got to the room and looked out of the window i was over the moon to see that we were over looking the London eye. When midnight came we must have had one of the best seats in London. It was fantastic. This was room 606.

We were also happy to discover that wi-fi was free and not chargable as older reviews have stated.

The bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in. So much so that the following morning I requested if they knew where i could get one! Reception again went out of their way and house keeping are currently in the process of finding out for me!

The bathroom was beautiful and the shower one of the best I have used.

Breakfast was cheaper than advertised at £10 rather the £15.95 which was another bonus and there was everything to choose from buffet style. Continental and cooked. There is also an 'egg station' where they cook you omelette to your liking.

Every member of staff, from reception, to waiter, to cleaner were friendly and overall the level of service was impeccable.

Loved it!!

Room Tip: Request a room on 6th floor for views
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NatWood
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

As said in nearly every review the location of this hotel is incredible.

100% satisfied do not hesitate in booking this hotel.

Minor quibble would be that the standby light on the TV in the room is very bright!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 30, 2012

this hotel is so close to everything! westend theatres, shopping in regent&oxford sts and buckingham palace a 10 minute walk. the rooms are nice and the breakfast is great. our only complaint is , that they charge for wifi in the rooms, and its expensive!
we will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed for one night on the 27th December with my partner.

Conveniently located near Trafalgar square! It's in a great spot for the majority of west end shows which was fantastic for us!

BIG comfy bed (so comfy we found it hard to get up in the morning!) very clean and a fantastic shower!
Breakfast was average but sufficient, no complaints an enjoyable stay.

(The room also provided a very good hairdryer and an iron....always an added bonus!)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We arrived from the USA early after traveling with a 2 year old and as soon as we walked into the lobby Veronika on the front desk welcomed us by name. She had taken the time to review the clients checking in and we must have been the only ones checking in with a child that day but the fact that she was aware of that made us feel very welcomed. We were also advised that our early check in was granted and when traveling internationally with a 2 year old this is something very nice. The entire front desk, restaurant and bell desk team went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as it could be.
The room was excellent and the shower the best I have ever experienced. Yes EVER. It was fantastic, plenty of pressure and the option to change shower heads. VERY VERY NICE. The bed was big and very comfortable.
The breakfast was included in our room rate and after reading other reviews for other hotels where the breakfasts were constantly mentioned I was a not prepared for anything special but I was pleasantly surprised. Everything was very fresh and there was an excellent variety. The Staff in the breakfast buffet were all fantastic.
I read many reviews on many hotels in an effort to find a hotel and many of the comments were of the international staff not understanding English and not being friendly. Well the Thistle Hotel Groups Human Resources department is doing their job because all the staff on the front desk and Bell desk were from various European countries and they were all exceptional. They couldnt do enough to make our stay a great one. From remembering our childs name to running down the street in the rain to collect us a cab. EXCELLENT JOB.
It will be the choice of our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family