“Excellent all the way around”
Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #17 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Excellent all the way around”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely stunning and beautiful both inside and out. The service is also impeccable. Public transportation is just steps away and there are a large variety of restaurants, bars and shops in easy walking distance. I did not comparison shop on price so I can't comment on the value.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank GABJMB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Rosewood for 4 nights on a business trip. It's pretty much brand new inside. Clean and a nice mix of old and modern. Love the country squire outfits the guys are all wearing.

Rooms are small but nice and clean. Beds are awesome.

Best part is the bar. It's hopping. Make a reservation.

I'm general, I'd say don't go unless you arrive in style and dress up at all times. And u better be ready to shell out 400 pounds a night

Great location in a great city - but a tad pretentious.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank canadianamigos
MatthiasRoeke, Managing Director at Rosewood London, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear canadianamigos,

Many thanks for staying with us on your recent business trip to London. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your candid review !

I was sorry to hear that you found the hotel to be pretentious, something that we try very hard to elude. Hospitality based on relationships is of huge importance to us and therefore, I have discussed your comment with the team. Nevertheless, I was so pleased to read that you liked the associate’s wardrobe designs and that you enjoyed your time in the bar.

I do hope that we might have the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future.

Matthias
Sun Valley, Idaho
Reviewed April 5, 2014

4 night stay in late March. Room outstanding BUT..problems adjusting thermostat and fans..so turned off that system the entire stay.... Very attentive staff, great location. Atmosphere a little sterile for us...too "modern" but very well done.

Room Tip: not really a view property so most are probably OK.
3 Thank william w
Dear William w,

Thank you very much indeed for candid review.

We certainly appreciate your feedback and I’m sorry that the thermostat control in your bedroom was an annoyance. Something that I wish we could have had rectified during your time with us. Although, I’m glad to hear that you felt the associates were attentive and that the location was great.

Many thanks for your comments and I hope we might have the opportunity to welcome you back. Please do let me know if I might be of any assistance.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night shortly after the reopening. Great building, tasteful interior. Very friendly and attentive staff. They have a nice hotel bar with library character. The breakfast choice is impressive and of good quality. Room was comfortable. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cosmopolitoswiss
Dear Cosmopolitoswiss,

Thank you very much indeed for the kind review of your recent stay.
I’m thrilled to read that you were entirely happy with everything and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Lancs uk
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel and can honestly say we found no fault whatsoever. Although we arrived fairly late we were welcomed and checked in smoothly to allow us enough time to enjoy a drink in the bar before last orders. Our room was lovely and well equipped although the public areas are dark. The breakfast was great and all freshly prepared. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel.

2 Thank YoshisMum
Dear YoshisMum,

I am so pleased to hear that you wouldn't hesitate to return to Rosewood London; we would be delighted to have you stay with us again in the future !
I appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of your stay and I thank you for your kind comments.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Spent a couple of nights at the Rosewood. Was in London on work and this is a highly recommended hotel in Holborn.
- the staff was very nice and attentive, landed in London after a 14 hour flight and Lisa at the check in was efficient with minimum fuss. They even let me into the room at 9am.
- the rooms were large and the bathrooms very nice. Great shower and toileteries
- The hotel has an excellent bar, the Scarfes bar and restaurant for good business meals
- The concierge was helpful in giving directions and a general feel of the city and its happenings
What could be better
- for a business hotel, there is a dearth of financial newspapers, bar the FT. The IHT / WSJ should be a staple as not everyone has a desire to read the Times or the FT
That apart, the hotel is great

Room Tip: Request for a room facing the inner quadrangle, you get a nice feeling of the place.
2 Thank MVy_13
Dear MVy_13,

Many thanks for choosing Rosewood London on your recent business trip !

I greatly appreciate your compliments, noting Lisa in particular. I am pleased to hear that we assisted you in an effectual and pleasing manner, especially after such a long journey.
Thank you for your note regarding the newspapers- something that we have taken on board. I'm pleased to say that we do have both the IHT and the WSJ available for delivery to the room.

Once again MVy_13, I really do value you taking the time to share your comments and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to London.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The staff are thoughtful by offering if we need help to take some photos whenever there's a chance.

A staff accidentally drop a a few glasses on the floor & the other staff who was just next to him gently hold his shoulder by making sure he's fine. Another staff gently walk to us make sure we are ok but we actually sitting quite far away.

A staff who works at the bar also very helpful to advice best place to go.

Overall, I like their gentle & professional service.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Xiaomeik
Dear Xiaomeik,

Many thanks indeed for your kind comments regarding our associates.
I'm pleased to hear that you found everybody to be helpful and compassionate.

Your review is very much appreciated and we hope to see you again at some point in the near future.