“wow”
Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #23 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Beautiful lobby, friendly staff. So helpful too. They took the time to e mail me before our trip to find out about our reason for travel. As a consequence (Es' s birthday) they upgraded us to a family suite, provided birthday cake and complementary room service.
Oddly a maid entered the suite at around midnight and the macaroni cheese was very salty but this just added to this fabulous hotels charm.
Quirky, stylish, sumptuous and conveniently close to Holborn tube station.
To die for!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kezchiz4444
MatthiasRoeke, Managing Director at Rosewood London, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear kezchiz4444,

Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments !
I am very pleased that you chose Rosewood London for Es’s birthday stay and I’m glad to hear that we assisted in making the celebration one to remember !
I apologise that you were disturbed during the night and would be grateful if you might share a little more information with me to identify how this came about.

Nonetheless, thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share your review and hopefully we will have the pleasure of your return to Rosewood London !

Matthias Roeke

Write a ReviewReviews (1,865)

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This hotel is undoubtedly lovely, but the experience from beginning to end is made perfection by the staff. Beds and bedding like sleeping on a cloud, large spacious rooms, superb breakfast and service impeccable. We stayed here a weekend with our 6 year old daughter, who had visited the Bibbidi Boppity Boo boutique at Harrods for a princess makeover and she was treated truly like a princess from the hotel. Gary in particular was brilliant. Top marks to whoever is in charge of the staff training here. Two nights was not long enough!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Morag18,

Relationship hospitality is so important to the associates and I, so it gives me great pleasure to read that genuine service was a key element towards your enjoyment !
I am very pleased that we treated your daughter like a princess and many thanks for identifying Gary !

Your kind comments are most gratefully appreciated and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you all back again soon !

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed two nights in March. The hotel is lovely, from the gas lights outside, to a roaring fire in the courtyard. Lobby is fantastic with a great atmosphere and free chocolates on the tables.
For London the rooms are big, as are the beds, absolutely massive. Nespresso machine in the room with coffee included in the price.
The choice of breakfast was huge, even down to a caviar omelette.
A great stay in a great location, would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear andyhofer,

I’m so pleased to hear that you would definitely return to rosewood London ! Your review is most gratefully received as are your particularly complimentary comments.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back !

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The facelift was the right move and I think, they have done a fantastic job: stylish entrance area,
very friendly and professional staff in fashionable outfits, good location and spacious rooms (for London standards). We will return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarlaColumna123

Dear Antiesenhofen,

I’m ever so glad that you like the all new Rosewood London !
Nicolas Oakwell, couture designer, who created our associates wardrobe will be particularly pleased to read this !
Your review is greatly appreciated and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Rosewood London. From start to finish it was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. I typically enjoy an "old-world" hotel (Excelsior Rome, Palace Barcelona, Grand Hotel Paris, Grand Hotel Siena, etc) and I was concerned that the "new-ness" of the Rosewood would be a turnoff. I was WRONG. The lobby is exquisite. The service prompt and friendly. Our room was large with an excellent tub, every conceivable amenity including a top of the line hair dryer. (One needs these things!) The bed was very, very comfortable. It is located about 50 yards from the Holborn tube stop.
We had tea, breakfast and drinks in the bar and enjoyed all three. The bar is obviously very popular with the locals as it gets very busy during happy hour. Book a table if you want to guarantee your spot. The live music on Friday was fantastic. Drinks are priced as they would be at any five star hotel.
This hotel made us want to skip some of our planned London activities and just stay there all day! I could not recommend more and will definitely be making this the only hotel I'll stay at in London.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JillyConQueso

Dear JillyConQueso,

What a review !
I am truly grateful for your compliments and am equally delighted that you seemed to enjoy every aspect of your stay. It’s a real pleasure to read and I’m so glad that Rosewood London will be your preferred hotel when staying in the city !
I do hope I might get the pleasure of meeting you both on your return.

Many thanks again for your kind comments !

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is lovely, striking even. The staff are all very well presented in tradition English tweed coats and more than happy to help.
Everything about our five day stay was A1... Ok a little pricey but you can't expect much less of a five star hotel

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed here for a one night treat. Loved every minute. Good location. Great bar. Staff were attentive and really professional. Rooms great. Hotel amazing. Because it was Saturday could park car for free in nearby street after 13:30. Expensive to eat and drink but for a special treat. We'll worth it. Would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beasley_one

Dear Beasley_one,

Thanks very much indeed for the kind review !

I’m so glad that you ‘loved’ your stay and the bar and restaurants ! We look forward to having you back, and hopefully your friends and family too !

With my best regards.