“Great hotel, highly recommend”
Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #19 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just spent a night at the Rosewood Hotel in High Holborn, London. This hotel is most definitely a five star. We were greeted out of the taxi by concierge wearing great classic English gentleman attire. Check in was swift, public areas all very clean and well kept. Bedroom was lovely and the beds were super comfortable. Very quiet during the night with no disturbances. I would definitely return to the Rosewood and the quad rooms are great for families or a group of friends.

Room Tip: 174 (quad) was close to the lift but very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
MDRoeke, Managing Director, Rosewood London at Rosewood London, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Farmer_boy44,

Your review and complements are very well received and I thank you for taking the time to share ! I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed experience with us and I hope that I will have the opportunity to meet you on your next visit to London !

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Beautiful and elegant hotel in central London. it has an internal court that protects from downtown noise and gives a sense of luxury. A nice cosy bar with a good choice of performers. Expensive hotel but worth it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Halhoul626590

Dear Halhoul626590,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review.

I’m very glad that you enjoyed your stay ! I do hope that we might have the pleasure of your return on your next trip to London… I will be glad to treat you to a special serenade by Nick and Kitty in the bar !

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Been there for a "school trip", if I may say, and never would have I expected the hotel to have such a diplomatic yet warm way of running things. As you step in the hotel's yard, you can find on the right the bar, and the restaurant on the left, both accessible from the street, which tells the client he/she is very welcome to come in! The staff is professionally trained to serve the customer on point and make him/her feel like at home, surrounded by grand and modern architecture and design, that goes up to the rooms, down to the venues. I would surely recommend this hotel to anyone stopping by at London, to get the best service and facilities the city and its hospitality has to offer.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sanda P

Dear Sanda P,

Thanks so very much for your review !

Making our guests feel at home is hugely important to us so I’m thrilled that you felt comfortable and at ease. This is our ultimate intention- to provide an ultra-luxury experience without intimidating. Your compliments are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you on your next trip to London !

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Just stayed at the Rosewood in London. Nice Location right near the beautiful British Museum. The hotel is beautiful and impressive from the outside, however no one was outside to greet us and help with luggage. Check in was swift and friendly and they immediately escorted us to our room to finish the check in procedure. Room was beautifully appointed with top shelf everything. My daughter who has her own flat in London was with us for check but they automatically assumed she would be staying with us so a short time later I received a letter under the door that I would be getting charged an additional $200 for having a 4th person in my room. The letter was terse bordering accusatory. Could have been handled so differently. Later, my husband spoke with manager and explained and they immediately brought up a rollaway bed for my daughter no charge and some salts for her sore throat. Situation was rectified and we felt better about our service.
Next was dinner at the very beautiful brand new restaurant. Just opened that day so I won't be too harsh but it was pretty bad. They have to go back to the drawing board. In a nut shell, 35 minutes at the table before we had a drink. No excuse for that. Dinner simple and mediocre for price and then completely ignored for more than 40 minutes waiting for check after we asked several times. Had to find manager at the bar and he was very apologetic and took some $ off the bill.On the positive side, the bar across was stunning and cozy, highly recommend having a drink there.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank PLP64
MDRoeke, Managing Director, Rosewood London at Rosewood London, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear PLP64,

Many thanks indeed for your candid review !

I was sorry to hear that there was nobody to greet you on arrival in the courtyard, this shouldn’t have been the case ! I do agree that we should not have made the assumption that your daughter was an additional guest and I will be reviewing this practice and the letter wording personally. Although, I am glad to hear that we were able to resolve this.

With regards to your experience in Holborn Dining, I again thank you for your comments. This was indeed the opening week of the restaurant so I acknowledge that there are teething problems, the majority of which we have already rectified. Nonetheless, this experience was less than satisfactory so I extend my apologies for the annoyance.

I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Scarfes bar. Please do contact me should you plan to return and I will be glad to meet you to discuss further.

Once again, your comments are most gratefully received and I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

With my best wishes.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have just come back from an incredible stay at the fabulous Rosewood in London. We began by visiting to the newly opened Sense spa which was beautifully presented and run by expertly trained therapists. We then checked into our Executive room which had high ceilings, beautiful furnishings, a coffee machine and a luxurious bathroom with a deep soak tub. In the evening we had reserved a table in the Scarfes Bar, and although they had confused our booking and given our table away they immediately found us another with little hassle. The cocktails are pricey, but worth every penny. The ambiance of the place is second to none and we sat and listened to an extremely talented singer playing an array of beautiful songs on the grand piano. If you are looking for a luxurious, romantic, fuss free hotel in London then this is the one. The Rosewood makes every effort to ensure your stay is memorable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lauraa144,

Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments !

I am so pleased to hear that you seemed to enjoy all aspects of your stay- something that we strive for with every guest !

Your review is greatly appreciated and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Rosewood London in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here last weekend and had a great visit. The hotel is beautiful and the service is second to none. The staff literally could not do enough for us. The room was clean and stylish the only thing I would say is they need to put an information booklet in each room re how to use the various appliances. Even the chap who came to fix our radio couldn't work out initially how to get the TV to work. However that is a small thing. This hotel is just stunning and the hotel bar called Scarfes is not to be missed. A fabulous bar with talented barmen making cocktails that look like works of art. The bar food was delicious including the best lamb chops I've eaten in quite some time. With it's roaring fire and old world charm I can see why it was so popular and not just with guests. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel if you are visiting London.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Southdownsduo

Dear Shouthdownsduo,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay !

Your kind comments are most gratefully received. Although, I’m sorry to hear that there was some difficulty with the appliances in the room, this has been noted.

Thanks very much indeed for your kind critique of Scarfes bar. This is exactly the atmosphere we intend to create so I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed it !

With my best regards.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is an upscale, stylish hotel - well run, well appointed and well situated about half-way between the theatre district and the financial district. My room was large, the bathroom totally modern and the free wifi was fast and reliable. Breakfast and tea were a treat in the long eating area along one of the wings on the ground floor. Service was helpful throughout. No complaints.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank RPM59

Dear RPM59,

Many thanks indeed for your kind review !

I’m pleased to hear you were happy with your stay and your dining experience.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you as a guest in the near future !