“5 stars, and not feeling them ;)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #18 of 1,088 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“5 stars, and not feeling them ;)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Been there for a "school trip", if I may say, and never would have I expected the hotel to have such a diplomatic yet warm way of running things. As you step in the hotel's yard, you can find on the right the bar, and the restaurant on the left, both accessible from the street, which tells the client he/she is very welcome to come in! The staff is professionally trained to serve the customer on point and make him/her feel like at home, surrounded by grand and modern architecture and design, that goes up to the rooms, down to the venues. I would surely recommend this hotel to anyone stopping by at London, to get the best service and facilities the city and its hospitality has to offer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sanda P
MDRoeke, Managing Director, Rosewood London at Rosewood London, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Sanda P,

Thanks so very much for your review !

Making our guests feel at home is hugely important to us so I’m thrilled that you felt comfortable and at ease. This is our ultimate intention- to provide an ultra-luxury experience without intimidating. Your compliments are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you on your next trip to London !

With all my best.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wellesley, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Just stayed at the Rosewood in London. Nice Location right near the beautiful British Museum. The hotel is beautiful and impressive from the outside, however no one was outside to greet us and help with luggage. Check in was swift and friendly and they immediately escorted us to our room to finish the check in procedure. Room was beautifully appointed with top shelf everything. My daughter who has her own flat in London was with us for check but they automatically assumed she would be staying with us so a short time later I received a letter under the door that I would be getting charged an additional $200 for having a 4th person in my room. The letter was terse bordering accusatory. Could have been handled so differently. Later, my husband spoke with manager and explained and they immediately brought up a rollaway bed for my daughter no charge and some salts for her sore throat. Situation was rectified and we felt better about our service.
Next was dinner at the very beautiful brand new restaurant. Just opened that day so I won't be too harsh but it was pretty bad. They have to go back to the drawing board. In a nut shell, 35 minutes at the table before we had a drink. No excuse for that. Dinner simple and mediocre for price and then completely ignored for more than 40 minutes waiting for check after we asked several times. Had to find manager at the bar and he was very apologetic and took some $ off the bill.On the positive side, the bar across was stunning and cozy, highly recommend having a drink there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank PLP64
MDRoeke, Managing Director, Rosewood London at Rosewood London, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear PLP64,

Many thanks indeed for your candid review !

I was sorry to hear that there was nobody to greet you on arrival in the courtyard, this shouldn’t have been the case ! I do agree that we should not have made the assumption that your daughter was an additional guest and I will be reviewing this practice and the letter wording personally. Although, I am glad to hear that we were able to resolve this.

With regards to your experience in Holborn Dining, I again thank you for your comments. This was indeed the opening week of the restaurant so I acknowledge that there are teething problems, the majority of which we have already rectified. Nonetheless, this experience was less than satisfactory so I extend my apologies for the annoyance.

I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Scarfes bar. Please do contact me should you plan to return and I will be glad to meet you to discuss further.

Once again, your comments are most gratefully received and I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

With my best wishes.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have just come back from an incredible stay at the fabulous Rosewood in London. We began by visiting to the newly opened Sense spa which was beautifully presented and run by expertly trained therapists. We then checked into our Executive room which had high ceilings, beautiful furnishings, a coffee machine and a luxurious bathroom with a deep soak tub. In the evening we had reserved a table in the Scarfes Bar, and although they had confused our booking and given our table away they immediately found us another with little hassle. The cocktails are pricey, but worth every penny. The ambiance of the place is second to none and we sat and listened to an extremely talented singer playing an array of beautiful songs on the grand piano. If you are looking for a luxurious, romantic, fuss free hotel in London then this is the one. The Rosewood makes every effort to ensure your stay is memorable.

Dear Lauraa144,

Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments !

I am so pleased to hear that you seemed to enjoy all aspects of your stay- something that we strive for with every guest !

Your review is greatly appreciated and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Rosewood London in the not too distant future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here last weekend and had a great visit. The hotel is beautiful and the service is second to none. The staff literally could not do enough for us. The room was clean and stylish the only thing I would say is they need to put an information booklet in each room re how to use the various appliances. Even the chap who came to fix our radio couldn't work out initially how to get the TV to work. However that is a small thing. This hotel is just stunning and the hotel bar called Scarfes is not to be missed. A fabulous bar with talented barmen making cocktails that look like works of art. The bar food was delicious including the best lamb chops I've eaten in quite some time. With it's roaring fire and old world charm I can see why it was so popular and not just with guests. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel if you are visiting London.

1 Thank shouthdownsduo
Dear Shouthdownsduo,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay !

Your kind comments are most gratefully received. Although, I’m sorry to hear that there was some difficulty with the appliances in the room, this has been noted.

Thanks very much indeed for your kind critique of Scarfes bar. This is exactly the atmosphere we intend to create so I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed it !

With my best regards.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is an upscale, stylish hotel - well run, well appointed and well situated about half-way between the theatre district and the financial district. My room was large, the bathroom totally modern and the free wifi was fast and reliable. Breakfast and tea were a treat in the long eating area along one of the wings on the ground floor. Service was helpful throughout. No complaints.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank RPM59
Dear RPM59,

Many thanks indeed for your kind review !

I’m pleased to hear you were happy with your stay and your dining experience.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you as a guest in the near future !

Mexico City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

The rooms are very comfortable and the location is excellent. However, during our stay of 6 nights, the little stuff got in the way of it being an excellent stay. The bathroom had only one bar of soap, which we moved to the shower every morning, but would find on the counter after the room was cleaned. There was shower gel provided, but my husband and I prefer bar soap. We asked for an additional bar of soap, but were not given one until our last evening. On our first morning we asked the concierge about interesting food markets to visit. He suggested one to visit for lunch that day. Unfortunately it didn't open that day, a fact which the concierge certainly should have known. The hotel has free shoe shine service, but when my husband placed his shoes outside the door, they were still there (unshined) the next morning. These are all small details, but those little details make a great property stand out from the competition...

3 Thank LoyalBear
Dear LoyalBear,

Many thanks indeed for your candid review !

I am glad to hear that you found the room to be comfortable and you found the location to be excellent.
I am in total agreeance that these fine points are what make a good stay become a great stay and I apologise that we fell short on the issues you shared in your review.
We place great emphasis on concentrating on these fine points, such as the soap preference; this is something I will be assessing personally.
In addition, you shouldn’t have had to wait for the soap, your shoes should have been polished and you should not have received incorrect information from our concierge so for this I apologise.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and I would be glad if you would contact me personally to discuss the arrangements.

With all my best wishes.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel with great attention to detail. I was staying for business but had a lovely room with a good place to sit and work. It is also very comfortable! The bed was so relaxing and cosy I didn't want to get up in the morning.
The only comment I have would be the breakfast layout is a little complicated and no one explained what happened.
I think this would be a great hotel for a romantic break! Definitely upgrade to a bigger room and consider the all in package as this hotel is not cheap! As they say you pay for what you get on some occasions! The bar was a lovely atmosphere and I was waited on by some nice staff. Although as I say this is pricey!
Will definitely be returning.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank cazzaferguson
Dear Cazzaferguson,

Many thanks indeed for your kind comments !

I’m so pleased to hear you were happy with your stay to the extent that you struggled to get up in the morning !
I am glad to say that we have now opened our latest restaurant, Holborn Dining Room where there is a full buffet and a la carte breakfast available as an alternative to the Mirror Room.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future !