“Amazballs!”
Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #27 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Wow! If you're visiting London, the rosewood is a must! Fantastic staff especially Frederick and Isabel. Immaculately clean, stunning design, efficient, friendly, polite staff. Beautiful food, nothing is too much trouble! Fantastic bar, open fire, great atmosphere, live music, superb! Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Muzballs
MDRoeke, Managing Director, Rosewood London at Rosewood London, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Muzballs,

Thank you so very much for your kind comments !

Relationship hospitality is of utmost importance to the associates and I, so it gives me great pleasure to read that Friedrich and Isobel made this a reality. I have passed my personal thanks to them. I was also glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel as a whole.

We look forward to welcoming you back !

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,892)

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel is in an excellent location close to many shops, cafes, coffee shops and tube stops. Easy to walk to many local attractions as well.

We stayed here when it was the "Chancery Court Hotel" and in the middle of renovations. The staff was extremely helpful and attentive. The room was spacious. I had been concerned about the room size prior to arrival, and was relieved that it was more than adequate. Clean and well appointed.

This was my 5th trip to London and by far this was my favorite place to stay. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We opted for the basic room. I was concerned about the size prior to arrival. However, even the ba...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear RICVisitor1976,

Thanks very much indeed for the kind review !

I do hope that you’ll have the opportunity to come to Rosewood London and sample the changes.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in London! Rooms are spacious, service is beyond friendly and the food is delicious! The hotel is fairly new and the prices are still affordable so it is a great value for money! This hotel will become the best in no time! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank MartinGV70

Dear MartinGV70,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments ! ‘the best hotel in London’ is quite an endorsement’ ! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future !

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The whole experience, although far too short, was just outstanding: a/ the entrance into the hotel venue through the courtyard: very Edwardian, b/ the lobby is tastefully decorated, between classical design and cosy English furniture, c/ the personnel is discrete, attentive without being obsequious, dressed in style, d/ the room is large enough in London, very clean and nicely furbished e/ the breakfast experience makes you feel you have your own butler, and the buffet is stylish, avoiding the unpleasant feeling of overloaded food that sometimes characterises buffet breakfast. It is too bad to stay here by yourself and for one night only... This experience needs to be reiterated with the right company... for a week-end in London!

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the courtyard: it was very quiet!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank JollapParis

Dear JollapParis,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed you’re your time here at Rosewood London, albeit short. !

Your comments are most gratefully received and I’m so glad that you plan to return for a longer stay !

I very much look forward to having you back ! Should you need anything, please do contact me.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed at the hotel when it first opened back in October for 3 nights and have to say I was blown away. I found it to be a combination of being elegant and discreet, as well as contemporary yet with a strong sense of heritage the historic building and setting evoke. I confess I had room service most nights as I was there on business and was impressed with the International menu options (very good). Whilst I did take the opportunity for both 1 business meeting for lunch and 1 for dinner i couldn't help but enjoy taking the credit for introducing my guests to "the place". Logistically I found it extremely comfortable moving throughout London and occasionally touching base during the day. Lastly, I found the service and the overall enviorment well prepared and friendly which made for a relaxed "unstuffy" setting. Definitely the new direction of luxury..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael F

Dear Michael F,

Thank you very much indeed for your complimentary review !

Achieving the definition of luxury without being stuffy is most definitely an objective of ours and I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. Now that we have opened our newest Restaurant, Holborn Dining Room and are launching Scarfes Bar, I do hope that you will have the opportunity to return for a visit soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I spent only one night in this wonderful hotel and i wish i could spend more time in this very comfortabe and cosi place.
The rooms are very comfortable and the light is perfectly balanced. the choice of each material is very wise.
The service in the hotel is perfect, people are really kind, the restaurant is also really good and the breakfast is amazing with a very smart way to organize the buffet.
You have a better experience of London for business or tourism if you can stay in a place like that !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank leafromparis

Dear Leafromparis,

Perfection is quite the endorsement ! I am very grateful indeed for your kind comments !

I do hope we have to opportunity to welcome you back soon !

Many thanks again and with my best regards.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed at the Rosewood London end of last year and it is great to have such a nice hotel in this area. The Deluxe rooms are really spacious and very well designed. The Bar and Lounge are great and I am looking forward to staying again soon and experience their gastronomic restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Luc,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and extend my sincere thanks for the kind comments !

We have now opened our latest restaurant, Holborn Dining Rooms so I very much look forward to welcoming you back.