“Rosewood London”
Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #20 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Bran new hotel opened partially just a few weeks ago - la grande classe - a great place to stay in London; had a very short stay: great and very quiet room and "in-room bars" impressively well & top furnished ; lots of staff to deal with any request...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
MDRoeke, Managing Director, Rosewood London at Rosewood London, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Phma51,

Many thanks indeed for your kind comments !

I’m pleased that you enjoyed Rosewood London.

Hopefully we will see you here again soon !

Reviewed November 7, 2013

As someone who has frequented just about all the top hotel bars in London I can honestly say this one leaves all the rest for dead! Why? A number of things. Firstly the bar is just so incredibly homey you feel as if you're in your own members' club. You just have to visit to appreciate it! Secondly the service is really five star, with smiling staff and engaging conversation (on this occasion with Giovanni and Gregory). In some of the London hotels the cocktail barmen are so full of their own importance that they even forget to acknowledge customers but there was none of this here. And then to cap it off the food was amazing! I really was surprised as I was expecting the standard hotel fare as it wasn't in their main restaurant but no, there was nothing 'standard' about our lunch. My colleague and I chose the British menu and we couldn't fault it. I intend to come back to try the Indian menu as it's obvious they have a very accomplished chef in Palash. I cannot remember the last time I raved about a place as much as this and I am just so pleased it's only down the road from where I live.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear foodmaiden,

I am very grateful for your kind review and your ‘best bar’ rating !

I’m so glad you enjoyed your time in Scarfes bar ! Gerald Scarfe is now adding his artwork to the space so there’s lots of exciting things to see ! We hope to see you back many times in the future.

Many thanks again for your comments !

With all my best.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My weekend at Rosewood London came at the tail end of a two week multi-country business trip. I booked this weekend to unwind and see some friends in London. I am so glad I chose Rosewood! Aside from comfort, lovely decor (much acquired from a great shop called India Jane), tasty meals and welcoming atmosphere, the staff was the friendliest and most accommodating (without overdoing it) that I have experienced in my many years of global travel. Judith at the concierge desk knew me by name and was very helpful and friendly as was everyone else I encountered. I was able to convey this to the head of HR who I met while enjoying a close look at the birds in the lobby.

I was astonished to learn that the facility had only been opened for two weeks. Except for the fact that the spa had not yet opened, the facility was running extremely smoothly.

My only reservation about Rosewood London is the price. While I will definitely consider staying for a weekend; a long business trip would be too costly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank wingedwoman

Dear wingedwoman,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to review Rosewood London !

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to convey your comments to our Director of Human Resources ! Relationship hospitality is so important to the associates and I, so it gives me great pleasure to read that this was key to your enjoyment.

Many thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back !

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night after seeing a west end show.
Got an excellent deal on 'late rooms' and was very impressed with the high quality of the hotel.
The room was spacious, comfortable and well equipped.
We had breakfast included which was of excellent quality.

1  Thank Kelvin G
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night, as a family of three with a six year old. The whole experience was exceptional
My husband travels a lot and stays in a wide variety of 5 star hotels and he was very impressed. His comments were that this was one of the best hotels he has stayed in.
Cannot fault any aspect from check in, service in to bar, the breakfast in the mirror restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank annemariemaddox

Dear annemariemaddox,

Many thanks for your very kind review !

I’m delighted that you and the family were impressed, especially considering your husband is a seasoned traveller.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back !

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night last minute after a late day at work. Simply fantastic in every respect. Wifi that works, is free and password free for multiple devices - other hotels take note. Beautiful new rooms with dreamy beds, lovely linen and fluffy towels. Toiletries good enough to take home, robes and a decent hair dryer. When you travel a lot all these little things matter! Great service in the bar and good wines. Only criticism there was the bar menu is limited and fussy. Room service menu is extensive and great variation. Reception service very helpful if a bit clunky on checkout. They could improve this with auto checkout, take email on check in and email the receipt out - easier when in a hurry. Good location for tubes etc. overall outstanding and a pleasure to stay. I will be making this my preferred hotel for work and my teams are doing the same.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Slmorris1

Dear Sazlward,

Many thanks indeed for your kind review ! Your comments are greatly appreciated

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us !

I have noted your comments and subsequently put the in-room check-out facility up for review. The bar offers an extensive lunch menu with a reduced food menu in the evening with our Mirror Room and Holborn Dining Room offering a full dinner menu.

Once again Sazleward, many thanks for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I just spent 5 nights at the new rosewood London hotel. It has recently had a full refurb from its previous brand. The quality of the work and the whole atmosphere of the hotel is fantastic. The staff were amazing, they learn your name and use it, they are very polite and well trained. All the staff from the door to the housekeeping were so friendly, helpful, attentive and discreet. The rooms are spacious, very well equipped, comfortable and luxurious. There was no noise or disturbance from the corridors, the wifi was fast and the ac/heating worked well. Breakfast was excellent, fresh and a good variety of choices, the hot food was served by a chef at a station rather than a buffet style which was much better. The waitresses were always ready to bring juice and toast etc and the coffee was good. The staff in this hotel are not the usual choice for Central London and all seem to take a great pride in their work and are keen to help anyone, the whole experience was fantastic and they are a credit to their management. Obviously the location is great it's around the corner from Covent garden. Il look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Thornham B

Dear Thornham B,

I am so glad to read that you were happy with your experience here at Rosewood London !
I extend my sincere thanks for your generous review !

We are very proud of our associates and are very glad that this comes across in our service offering.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in London !