“Sensational stay”

Ranked #18 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Glasgow
“Sensational stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Rosewood, the service was impeccable. Staff were attentive and appropriately friendly. Bowls of plums, apples and sweets were plentiful, on our route to our room. I recommend that you stray from the lifts, at least once, during your stay so that you can see the magnificent marble staircase. We stayed on the opening night, in an executive twin room (174).The room was very spacious, big windows and high ceilings. It was sumptious, with every amenity you could wish for. There were high quality tea and coffee making facilities in the room and a complimentary tray of delicious cakes, on arrival. The bathroom was amazing! Again there were high quality toiletries and plenty of plush towels, facecloths etc. I loved the decor- gold/metalic sink with gold tiles and lots of mirrors. The shower was fantastic- stayed at the temperature I set it and gave a powerful flow of water. The room was very quiet indeed and the beds sooo comfortable!
We had one drink in the bar. The service was prompt, professional and friendly though the peanut nibbles just about blew your head off (mustard coated I think so beware!)The consierge were extremely helpful- offering to check timetables, print timetables, give directions and map advice, carry luggage etc. The breakfast was fabulous and again the service was impeccable.
Overall our stay in London was "made" by our experience at this hotel. The staff have clearly been well trained but also come across as genuinely nice people who are keen to do their best to provide an excellent service. This hotel is unreservedly fabulous. I would definitely return but I think before long the Rosewood will be in the same league as the very top hotels in London, if not actually the top London Hotel. I wish this new hotel all the very best because, on the strength of my one night stay, the Rosewood deserves to be a highly successful hotel- thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Room 174 has huge twin beds and is very spacious. It is very close to the lifts on the first floor a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kathy277
MDRoeke, Managing Director, Rosewood London at Rosewood London, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Kathy277,

I am very grateful indeed for such a glowing review !

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay ! Our associates try very hard to ensure our philosophy of relationship hospitality felt by all and on reading your review, I’m so glad your experience reflects this effort.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of your return to Rosewood London soon !

With all my best.

Matthias Roeke
Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The new Rosewood is an oasis of calm and looks wonderful but feels really comfortable to stay in. The rooms are really well designed with a clear uncluttered design but with everything . Everything to make your stay comfortable. The staff are friendly and everyone is welcoming. The breakfast service is in the same room as afternoon tea. I had delious porridge that was correctly cooked.. But salmon bagels looked fab and full English was beautifully presented. There were all sorts of other tasty treats. It is the attention to detail and great customer service that makes this hotel so special. The public areas are very grand and have been restored and designed to perfection. The mirror room is lovely. If you can't spend the night here I recommend you go for afternoon tea or have pre-theatre cocktails. Really it is that good. Enjoyed my stay I will be back again soon I hope.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Gadgetgranny
Dear Gadgetgranny,

I am so glad to read that you were happy with your stay here at Rosewood London !

I extend my sincere thanks for your generous review !

Porridge is a favourite of mine too- so I’m glad we did it well ! We have now opened Holborn Dining Room, our British Brasserie, and Gerald Scarfe is adding his artwork to Scarfes bar so hopefully you will return soon to experience our latest additions.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in London !

Matthias Roeke