“Excellent service, perfect location”

St Martins Lane London Hotel
Ranked #78 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Jessheim, Norway
“Excellent service, perfect location”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I had booked a room for 3 People through Hotels.com, (which was confirmed) and was fairly upset as we arrived at the hotel, only to find out that there were no extra beds available in this hotel. Luckily, the fantastic staff at the hotel, sorted this out brilliantly, by giving us a complimentary Upgrade to two interconnecting deluxe-studios!! Amazing!
For the rest of Our 4-night stay, the staff did everything in their Power to make us happy, and they succeded!! We got an excellent complimentary breakfast (which normally i quite expensive), and they were so friendly and helpful, that by the time we left the hotel, they almost felt like Family :-) Espcially Ahmet, the doorman, was amazing, being so helpful and friendly, also With my two teenage daughters.
The hotel has a very unique design, which may not agree With everybody, but the standard of the rooms, the cleanliness and facilities are all superb!
I will definately stay at this hotel the NeXT time I'm in London!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Kjersti359,

Thank you for your lovely review! It is so wonderful to read that our team managed to turn things around regarding your reservation. I am delighted you were able to enjoy the luxury of our gorgeous studio rooms. Our Ahmet is a legend to those that know him and it’s fantastic to see that he made such a positive impression on you and your family. We really strive to forge emotional connections with all our guests and it’s fabulous to see we achieved this with you.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally manage booking from start to finish to ensure you have another fantastic visit with us at St Martins Lane.

You can reach me on Nicole.messham@mhgc.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Nicole Messham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

There is just something about the rooms here, of all the great hotels I have been to I LOVE the layout of the room! It wasn't huge but it was bright and well planned with lots of storage areas in the bathroom for toiletries. We enjoyed an amazing mixed seafood salad and my girlfriend ordered the Thai salad and loved it. The service was great! It was a pleasure staying here!

Stayed July 2014
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear funjoy77,

It was a pleasure having you here! Make sure you don't stay away to long.

Thank you for sharing with the Trip Advisor community about how much you love the rooms here at St Martins Lane.

I'm delighted you got to experience the luxury of our wonderful garden rooms. They are just perfect in this weather! Who doesn't love al-fresco dining.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally manage your booking.

You can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I will not repeat the other good reviews about the amazing location, rooms, design, etc. except to say that I agree with them.

But to me the thing that made, and nearly always does make, our stay stand out was the staff. I met three reception staff and they were all brilliant....they must have degree level qualifications in interpersonal skills!! Nicole was exceptional.

The bellmen were unstintingly willing to help and the concierge was very knowledgeable when asked.
Top job, management .....well done. Looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew C, Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Dorset Blue

Thank you for your wonderful review.

There are a lot of factors involved with delivering great guest experience - excellent location, attentive Housekeeping, lots of choice with regard to facilities, wonderful design etc however I believe gracious team members who like meeting new people and connecting with them makes the biggest impact. We have some real stars at St Martins Lane and I am so pleased that you met some of them during your stay with us.

Warm regards
Andrew
Poole, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Just spent one night in this quirky, lovely hotel but wished it was longer. We received a very warm welcome from all staff we came into contact with. Our room was ready early and although quite small it had everything that was required with a large, very clean and well equipped bathroom. The location is fabulous within easy walking distance of theatres, Coventry Garden, bars and restaurants. Considering we were right in the heart of London's night life on a busy summer Saturday night our room was peaceful and quiet and the amazingly comfortable bed made for a great nights sleep. I have stayed in many London hotels but this is definitely the best, I will be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Pompeysue50,

We wished you had stayed longer! Come back soon and for longer this time.
I am very happy to see you enjoyed your experience with us. I would like to personally extend myself as your St Martins Lane ally, so whenever you are interested in returning you can reach out to me directly.

You can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at the Sanderson, I had high expectations for the St Martins Lane and I wasn't disappointed.

We stayed in a room with a small private garden and the room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. If you enjoy a good shower then the one in our room at least could almost blow you off your feet!

Staff were friendly and helpful and sent my wife a birthday slice of chocolate cake which was a nice touch.

We didn't sample the bar or resturant as we had a busy day about town and my wife is pregnant.

The location was very convenient for theatre land and not too far from Oxford Street on foot if you want to head that way.

Overall an excellent experience.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dpjrichards
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Dpjrichards,

Thank you for your great review, I am so pleased that you have now had two excellent experiences at both properties in London. I am so glad that our friendly staff, fantastic location and comfortable guestrooms make your time at St Martins Lane so enjoyable.

Who doesn't love cake!

If there is anything I can do to make sure the next time you stay even more pleasurable please let me know at nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

I look forward to welcomig you back.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My boyfriend and I travel quite a bit and this is by far our favourite hotel! The room is faultless, quiet, warm and light filled by day - pitch black and very quiet by night. The room we stayed in was on the fifth floor and had a great view through the rooftops. The staff are extremely friendly and are made to feel at home.

Do yourself a favour and be sure to stay here.. will be our only hotel we'll stay in when we visit London.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BishySB
Dear BishySB,

Your favourite! What a compliment – thank you so much for your kind words.
I'm so glad we made you feel at home and all staff you encountered were lovely.
We strive to provide a comfortable and memorable experience for our guests and I’m delighted we achieved that with you.

Please let me know when you plan to return. You can reach on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We booked the Loft room for my partner's 50th birthday which was worth every penny, having views of the London Eye, the rooftops at night and the most enormous, comfortable bed! The staff were really friendly and helpful, and we were thrilled to have a bottle of champagne delivered to the room courtesy of St Martins Lane with their birthday wishes. A really special treat! The only niggle was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room which would have been very welcome.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J0anna112
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Joanna112,

I am so pleased that you chose to celebrate your partners 50th birthday at St Martins Lane.

When our founder Ian Schrager and designer Philippe Starck were creating St Martins Lane one of the key design features was that guests were able to enjoy the West End through our floor to ceiling windows whilst lying on the bed. All these years later I am sure that Ian and Philippe would be pleased that their vision is still being appreciated.

Joanna112, thanks again for allowing us to share this milestone birthday with you and your partner.

Kind regards,