“Can't beat the location and the service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St Martins Lane London Hotel

St Martins Lane London Hotel
Ranked #73 of 1,086 Hotels in London
New Delhi, India
“Can't beat the location and the service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights on a business cum leisure trip and was bowled over by the classiness of the place. Located literally 10 steps away from Trafalgar Square, this hotel has almost every conceivable attraction in London within a walking distance (which for me would be a 30 minute radius) - one can follow the roads leading out of Trafalgar to reach Westminster and from there the London eye or walk to the Buckingham Palace and the Green Park and St James Park, or take a short bus ride to reach the British museum. For shopping, the Strand is nearby and Oxford street a couple of bus stops away. Must also commend the service staff, great attitude, very friendly and go out of their way to help you - something that we really value when traveling abroad with a toddler.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Shubhang_23,

Thank you for your glowing review of your stay at St Martins Lane. Our location is perfect for exploring all of London's main attractions I am overjoyed that you were able to experience all our wonderful city has to offer. When you return we will have to let you in on more of London’s secret gems and walks.

I’m glad you found all staff to be informative and helpful; we are committed to providing the best experience for our guests.

Please let me know when you plan to return to London so that my team and I can organise another fabulous trip for you and your family. You can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

Nicole Messham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Barnsley, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,796 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stay in hotels a lot & most of them are non events, same old, same old.
St.Martin's Lane however is an exception & a true treat to stay there. Fabulous service, great decor & a real sense of style.
Stayed here mid week on business. They kindly upgraded me to a top floor suite, which was palatial, spacious & stunning. Thank you for a fantastic stay, I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Leedsaway67
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Chris H,

Thank you for you brilliant review of your time at St Martins Lane. We are dedicated to curating original guest experience and ensuring all our guests receive fast and efficient service.
I am thrilled to see so many individuals helped make your experience so unforgettable.
Please feel free to reach out to me when you are returning to London on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

Thank you again for your constant support and dedication to St Martins Lane. We look forward to welcoming you back sooner rather than later.

Bath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

This was our 3rd or 4th stay at St Martins Lane in less than a year. And we were exceptionally satisfied with our stay again. We keep coming back here when visiting London. It is a fantastic experience and the whole team has a natural ability to make us feel very welcome and special.It is a home away from home. Unlike many 5* hotels, the welcome at St Martins Lane feels genuine.

My wife and I travel frequently and we find the attention to detail at St Martins Lane is second to none. The rooms have all amenities a traveler can wish for, whether travelling on business or on leisure. The rooms are very nice with very comfortable beds and a shower with high pressure.

Located a brief walk from Leicester Square and with a tube stop just up the road it is a perfect location for a weekend break.

On Saturday night we visited Asia de Cuba, the restaurant on the hotel premises. It was a superb eating experience and we will be back again when we celebrate something special next. In addition to the restaurant there is the Lightbar that plays groovy tunes in a chilled atmosphere until the early hours in the morning.

A big thank you to Nicole and the rest of the team for making our stay exceptionally memorable once again.

We can't wait to be back again, later this year.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Bowtoreview,

Thank you so much for the incredible review and also for highlighting the amazing team we have here at St Martins Lane. It’s wonderful to know that we contributed to a memorable guest experience. We’re delighted that you had an opportunity to enjoy many of the best sights and sounds in London which are all close to the hotel.

Ours beds are extremely comfortable and are always noted for providing a restful night’s sleep. I'm so glad you felt at home in St Martins Lane. We are delighted that you have become a regular guest; your support of the hotel is very much appreciated. It was, and is always, a pleasure having you and we cannot wait to have you both return.

Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Fantastic 50th Birthday celebration for my husband. Made to feel special from the moment we walked in. Got a complimentary upgrade to the Apartment and recevied a botttle of bubbly and cake from the Guest Experiance Manager, Nicole Messham. Great hotel and very attentive staff.

Dear LAO135,

Thank you for your special review of your experience at St Martins Lane – I am delighted to hear that we achieved what we set out to achieve and that is to create an engaging dynamic experience for every single guest. I am thrilled that I was personally involved in creating a surprise for your husband’s birthday.

I’m glad you and your partner were able to experience the luxury of our incredible Apartment with its comfortable lounge and incredible floor to ceiling windows with breath-taking views of London.
I’ll have to keep the surprises coming for his 51st!

Please keep in contact and when you are planning to return to London please let me know.
You can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have been staying here since they opened as it is one of the hotels approved by our top client in London. The location remains exceptional for business and leisure as it is steps from the several tube stops, theaters, Leicester and Trafalgar Square and so much more. There remains some exceptional staff like Edward, several bubbly young women (some blond-some bronze brunettes) and a lovely Italian fellow at evening reception. The downers--the bored young new kids who exhibit little interest in life, let alone the life of a guest and the absolute worst concierges in London. They all consistently avoid eye contact so that you do not trouble them with directions and are often on personal calls (will not look up when they are on the phone) and they rarely smile and are aloof (yawn). The doormen rarely present to open the door (ok-they have a revolving door ) but are too busy chit chatting to help customers arriving from the airport with luggage. They wait till you have stumbled out of the taxi struggling with your luggage and have made your way into the lobby before they ask if you need help. Overall the newer staff needs some SERIOUS customer service training or needs to find roles that do not require people skills. I never considered staying anywhere else but will review my client's approved list of hotels for my next stay.

Room Tip: not near restaurant or bar noise
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear BuckeyeChef,

Thank you for your comments. I would like to take the oppurtunity to respond to your heartfelt concerns about the hotels service levels. It is dissapointing to read that you experienced bad service during your time with us, as you have experienced before, we pride ourselves on delivering outstanding service and in that context your comments matter very much to us.
The issues you have indentified have been acknowledged and addressed accordingly.

We pride ourselves on creating lasting impressions and forging everlasting bonds with our guests. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity of having you stay with us again; I will it my personal goal to completely change your impression of St Martins Lane for the best. I invite you to contact me directly at nicole.messham@mhgc.com when you are planning to return.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Very convenient location, near West End theatres and all the central London attractions, and 2 minutes from Leicester Square station on the tube line from Heathrow.

The king deluxe room was nicely designed in typical Starck style and very comfortable, if a little tight for space. Great bathroom, and very clean.

Asia de Cuba had good, interesting food.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Screwtape,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay at St Martins Lane.It sounds like you had an unforgettable experience whilst in you were with us - our location makes it so easy to see most of London's famous attractions without heading too far out.

I'm glad you enjoyed all aspects of our iconic design - I recommend next time to let me know when you plan to be in London so I can personally manage your booking and show you our range of room types we have on offer.

I look forward to seeing you sooner rather than later I hope.

East Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

The checkin staff were very friendly and helpful. Our bedroom located at the rear of the hotel on an upper level was very quiet, and the room was a good size and very comfortable. We didn't dine or drink at the hotel but I have on previous visits and Asia de Cuba and the bar are top notch. All round a nice visit.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SussexTravelBugs,

Thank you for your glowing review of your time at St Martins Lane.
You have touched upon every point and really highlighted how we are committed to creating a memorable and comfortable experience for our guests.
I'm delighted every member of staff you encountered were friendly and attentive, this is something we pride ourselves on.

Next time make sure you treat yourselves to some delicious cocktails in the Light Bar!
Please let me know when you have made your booking so I can personally manage it for you.