“Trendy & Great Location”

St Martins Lane London Hotel
Ranked #78 of 1,063 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Trendy & Great Location”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I would definitely recommend St Martins Lane - it is in a great location. I must mention Nicole, who I emailed on several occasions for various questions who was extremely prompt and efficient with her responses and even got us an upgrade. We loved the bar, however, I do not think tables should be reserved. We were sat down then told that our seats had been reserved so we had to move. This was not a problem as we managed to get another seat but as the bar appears to always be busy another time this would not have been possible. We had breakfast and what we particularly liked was that the fried breakfast was cooked to order, unlike some hotels where it is a buffet. Although pricey it was very nice.
All in all a great stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jesper_Soerensen, Director of Rooms at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
We are so glad you had a great experience at St Martins Lane, Nicole will be delighted she helped to make your stay extra special, please make sure you get in touch with her when you would like to make another reservation as she will ensure your next visit is even more memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back to St Martins Lane.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Trendy lively Hotel in the heart of Old London ,as recorded in history ,nursery rhymes and Dickens' classic tales I was treated to a short stay at the St Martins by my son to mark a signifcant Birthday ,sister in law also came--- to keep order! The Hotel was stunning ,lighting ,decoration , food ,immaculate bedroom .We had never seen such crisp white linen .But it was the service which set this hotel apart .we were greeted as welcome and expected guests and made to feel comfortable from the start .Ed the senior "bell Boy "was a star nothing was too much trouble for him or his collegues ,Equally the bar staff in the evening were very kind to a couple of old biddies in the presence of the other wise young and lively young ,who were having the time of thier lives My one slight negative thought ,Where are the more senior management at the week end? They also need to be seen 24/7/365 to support staff and guests alike

Room Tip: get an upgrade!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Pauline for your great review. We are delighted that you had a wonderful time with your family celebrating your special birthday at St Martins Lane, it is so rewarding to hear that you loved so many elements about the hotel and especially enjoyed the great service from our fantastic team here. We do hope you have the opportunity to return to St Martins Lane again soon, when you wish to return please get in touch with Nicole.messham@mhgc.com and she will make sure your next visit is even more memorable.
Hull, England
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for three nights a few months ago (I forgot to post the review at the time).
The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful from the start. We were greeted as we got out of our taxi and helped with our cases.
I am disabled and we were allocated an accessible room. This room was one of the best I’ve seen in any hotel in that it had all the necessary aids – walk in shower with seat, grab rails, etc but still looked like a luxurious hotel room.
The lighting in the room was particularly good, extremely adjustable from dim (but colourful) mood lighting to full brightness.
There were plenty of plug sockets and an extension plug board was provided in the wardrobe. The bed was extremely comfortable.
The bathroom was very well designed and the Malin + Goetz toiletries provided were excellent. So good that they were used rather than the products I had with me and I have since purchased full sizes of them all.
We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant on two of the three mornings. Quality and choice were excellent, and the service very good.
We had dinner in Asia de Cuba on one of the nights. The food was excellent both in terms of quality and quantity. The staff were knowledgeable and helpful. The only criticism I could make of the restaurant was the lack of signage on the loo doors – some of it appeared to have fallen off. Luckily there was no one in the room with the urinals when I walked in. I did mention the lack of signs to the concierge, so hopefully this has been fixed.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at St Martins Lane and found the layout and design of our guestroom luxurious and comfortable and thank you for saying you recommend St Martins Lane, it is such a great compliment for us. We would love to make your next visit even more special so please contact Nicole.messham@mhgc.com when you wish to return so that she can personally oversee your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to St Martins Lane.
Milan
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and me were both working in London and booked this as a wee treat. The hotel looks pretty good and the rooms are really well designed, cool, if a little small.

What makes this hotel is the staff, who were relaxed and made our stay simple and fun.

1 Thank CoffeegrindMilan
Thank you for your review, it is lovely to hear that you and your wife treated yourselves to a stay at St Martins Lane whilst you were working in London and are thrilled that our wonderful staff helped to make your visit relaxing and fun. We hope that you return to us when you are next in London, Nicole.messham@mhgc.com would love to help you with your booking so please let her know when you would like to make a reservation.
London
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Booked a "loft king suite". To me a loft means it is on the upper floors, however when we arrived we were booked into a 1st floor suite ..... In all fairness, I complained to front desk and the very helpful receptionist moved us to a 3rd floor room and gave us cocktail vouchers to make up for error. She did however say that there are loft king suites on every floor.......
Great hotel room, good cocktail bar downstairs, we ate in Asia de Cuba - buzzing atmosphere as expected on a sat night, very good service but very average food. Its a shame as the portion of Tuna was generous for London standards but tasted very plain and the other dishes just felt mixed up Asian cuisine. The beef starter had too much salad which was drowned in dressing.
I will say that the staff in the restaurant and hotel were 1st class, we asked to move tables in the restaurant and they did so with very little fuss and all staff very helpful and genuine. I would stay again as fantastic location for theatre district / Covent garden but I would eat somewhere else.

Room Tip: Loft king suite`s are great but they are not necessarily on upper floors so check when booking.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, we appreciate all feedback and are pleased that you enjoyed your visit to St Martins Lane, particularly making the most of our great central location and it is great to hear that you would like to return. Please get in touch with Nicole.messham@mhgc.com when you would like to make a reservation as she will make sure your next visit exceeds your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to St Martins Lane.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Hotel on 2nd November. It was our anniversary so I had booked a weekend away at the St Martins Lane hotel along with a west end musical and shopping. A work colleague had stayed at their sister hotel, The Sanderson, just of Oxford street, and from her stories of that hotel I knew St Martins would be excellent.

On arrival the desk staff were hugely welcoming, chatty and very warm. As it was our anniversary I had asked prior if we could have a large bath tub in the room and on arrival at our room we were not disappointed. We had a standard queen room but the room was extremely spacious and immaculate. The staff had also placed tea-light candles all throughout the bathroom and bedroom along with petals on the bed and bathroom floor to which we were blown away and hugely grateful. We were also provided with a free drink each at the hotel bar, which is very popular in its own right as a cocktail bar, filled to the brim with people not staying at the hotel. However I mentioned to the 'bouncer' we were guests and he was very helpful at making us a priority to find a table. The cocktails were pretty special.

The hotel is a fantastic location, right in the centre of the west end and only a minutes walk from leicester square. I cannot recommend the hotel enough. I will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
What a fabulous review, we are thrilled we lived up to your high expectations and were able to give you and your partner a really special experience whilst you celebrated your anniversary at St Martins Lane. We always try and go the extra mile in making special occasions truly memorable so it is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your visit so much. Please come back to see us again, Nicole.messham@mhgc.com would love to help make your next stay even more pleasurable so get in touch with her when you would like to make another reservation.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed November 15, 2013

It was the first time that I was staying in London. And this Hotel just answered all my expectation.
Very nice and profesional staff. I wanted to have a drink at the bar and the guy found a seat four me in the crowded bar (thank you!).
The rooms are so comfy. Great Wifi (worth the 10pounds for 24hours).
The mood lights is the room is actually very nice and spacious.
The view is amazing (trafalgare square from room 406). Close to main touristics attractions.
Great bed! YOu can find all you need in the bathroom.
Very stylish and design decoration.
The only bad thing I'd experienced is finding my room. Could not find my room number (It is on floor written in yellow on the orange carpet) Not very easy.
Did not try the fitness but I am sure it would have been very nice too.
ANYWAY I WOULD DEFINITLY STAY IN THIS HOTEL FOR MY NEXT TRIP TO LONDON.
Jerome P.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
We are delighted that you chose St Martins Lane to stay at during your first visit to London Jermone and are thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic time whilst you were with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed our central location, and loved the design and style of our guestrooms. We hope that you return to us when you are next in London, please contact Nicole.messham@mhgc.com when you would like to make a reservation so that she can personally oversee your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to St Martins Lane.