“Wedding party”

Ranked #51 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Wedding party”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as my daughter was getting married, we stayed as family and as couples. Every aspect of our stay was perfect, staff from every area of this hotel are well trained , polite and helpful to the extreme. Food is fantastic, place is spotless, staff attentive, everything is there almost before you ask. A fantastic hotel that I will stay in every time I am in London. Yes it can be a little expensive I suppose but you know what you will be getting and quality comes at a price. Wonderful place and fantastic environment.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on this website.

I was absolutely thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and in particular that our team were able to exceed your expectations. It is such a pleasure for us to welcome our guests celebrating such special occasions, and it was so lovely to read that you not only enjoyed the food at our restaurants, but also that every detail was taken care of by our team.

I do hope indeed that you will choose to stay with us again whilst you are in our lovely city, and look forward to welcoming you back for what I am sure will be another wonderful stay.

Andrew Batchelor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Well located nearby the Marylebone station. Very beautiful inside a classic high standard hotel. My room had the carpet and cleaning service was not at a high standard.
The bathroom was not at an high level.
I had two communicating rooms and I found in one day the inside door closed.
Since I have a young daughter I needed the door opened.
I call the concierge but someone came to my room only half an hour later.
The marble bathroom floor was dirty for a cup of tea reversed and nobody cleaned it.
Very good service provided elsewhere in the hotel.
Excellent the check out service. They arranged it directly in the room once you should leave.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, following your recent stay.

I was naturally disappointed to learn that overall your stay with us did not meet your expectations, and would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. Our intention is to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as memorable as possible, and I am deeply sorry that this was not the case during your recent visit.

Whilst I was delighted to read that you found your check out experience to be so efficient, I am sorry that your room was not in the condition you expected. If you would have the time to contact me directly and let me know in which rooms you stayed, I will be able to investigate this matter further with our Engineering team. I can be reached at Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

Please accept my apologies once again for not having been able to create the experience you were looking for. I do hope to hear from you soon, and hope that we will indeed have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, and restore your faith in us.

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night. The room was gorgeous, not too big, amazing bathroom and just perfect. We arrived on the day after the Champions League Final (Bayern Munich vs. Dortmund) and we met the football team in the hotel. My first thought was "this must be a good hotel if the Bayern Munich is staying here" and it was. The staff was really nice and the winter garden looked amazing. After this weekend we decided to come here regularly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments, following your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that your one night stay with us was so enjoyable, and that our team members were able to make this experience such a memorable one.

Indeed our Winter Garden is quite unique, and I do hope that you were able to experience our sumptuous breakfast under the stunning glass atrium.

I am glad to hear that you will be visiting us regularly, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

You don't know luxury until you stay at the landmark. Took the girlfriend here for valentines. Everything was tremendous. The immortal lines of the concierge who we had find us somewhere to eat at the last minute on a peak night for diners "do you want the good news or the bad news? there's no bad news from the concierge" he quipped. He was right. It was a fabulous meal, a fabulous stay and all over perfect. The only remote downer was that at check out the gentleman mentioned the price of the bill out loud - I had already paid it. It was nice but I didn't want my partner to feel guilty that I had spent a bit on her :) so that was the only negative. A bit of tact next time please front desk!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on this website.

I was naturally delighted that you and your girlfriend chose to spend Valentine’s Day with us, and that your experience here at the hotel was so memorable. It is our pleasure to assist with any guest requests, and I am so pleased that our Concierge team were able to find such a lovely venue for your celebratory meal.

I was sorry to read that your experience was slightly tainted by your check out process. Please be assured that this feedback has been passed on to our team so that they may learn from it, and avoid any further shortfalls in service in the future.

I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to The Landmark London, for another wonderful stay.

Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night before heading off to Paris for Easter weekend, The hotel is amazing and beautiful. My partner let the hotel it was our anniversary and they put petal's on the bed and sent some chocolate covered strawberries to our room and left a lovely card. They only thing I would say that wasn't a great experience is that the card was addressed to Mr & Mrs and we are actually a Mr & Mr -
The hotel is close to London Kings Cross Station.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on this website.

I was delighted to read that you and your partner had such a wonderful start to your Easter weekend. It is a genuine pleasure for us to assist our guests in celebrating special occasions such as anniversaries, and I am so pleased that you enjoyed the surprise.

I am deeply sorry for the administrative error on the card. Please accept my sincere apologies for this lack of attention to detail, and be assured that this is not reflective of our usual high standards of service.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future, for another memorable experience.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Everything is excellent, great winter garden for an afternoon tea. Rooms on the top floor has slightly smaller windows. Great location in a historical building, right next to the London Underground and trains. Only down side, hard to get a taxi, you are competing for taxi with passengers coming off the trains.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank J W
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
‘Great historical hotel’

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I was so pleased to read that everything about your stay was ‘excellent’, and that you found our location to be so convenient during your stay. We are indeed very fortunate to find ourselves in such beautiful building, so I am glad that you also enjoyed our opulent surroundings.

I am sorry, however, that you had some difficulty hailing a taxi. We do have a fabulous team of friendly and efficient doormen on hand to assist with this at all times, however I do apologise if you experienced any delays.

Overall, I am delighted that your stay with us was so memorable, and I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London.

uk
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I love The Landmark. I have stayed here with friends and with family and it is a fabulous place to stay. It's over the road to Marylebone station and you can easily get to other areas via the taxi rank outside. The rooms are elegant, clean and well stocked.

Having had such a great previous experience here we decided to pop in for coffee on our recent trip to London before starting out on our day. We ordered three milkshakes which were delicious if not a little slow to arrive. Also, 3 coffees which took 30 minutes to arrive in a warm, very drinkable condition, which was very disappointing. Having waited so long for our drinks we were finished and out in an instant.

To stay is divine. For coffee only? I wont bother next time.

Room Tip: A room over-looking the atrium have a great view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, following your recent visit.

I was so sorry to learn that your brief visit to our hotel did not meet your expectations, nor did it match with any of your previous visits. Whilst I am grateful for your kind words regarding the hotel itself, I was so disappointed that we were unable on this occasion to deliver the high standards of service you have experienced previously.

I was very concerned to read about your experience with us. I was shocked to learn that your coffees took so long to arrive, and on top of that, they were not enjoyable. Please be assured that I have passed your feedback on to our Food and Beverage Manager for her immediate review, and I have every confidence that she will take the necessary action to ensure that no future guest experiences such shortfalls in service.

I do hope, however, that your experience with us would not deter you from staying with us again, and I do look forward to being able to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for what I am confident will be a much more memorable visit.