“Not to be missed!”

The Landmark London
Ranked #53 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 10, 2014

If you have visited London and never stayed at the Landmark Hotel, Marylebone, then you have missed out on a truly wonderful experience. My wife and I have just returned from a short trip there and were overwhelmed by the effortless welcome and unconditional attention we received, from the moment we arrived and were met at our taxi, to the minute we had to depart. Every member of the hotel staff were impeccably attentive and displayed a sense of warmth and genuine delight at seeing our faces, wherever we were within the hotel, that it reminded me of the care and attention of a byegone era. Everyone, from the hotel porter who opened our doors, the restaurant personnel who served our food (which was superb), the mixologist in the cocktail lounge, the reception and concierge teams who could not have been more informative and the maids who smiled at every turn, transformed our stay in London into a thoroughly delightful few days; we simply could not have asked for more. This was our first visit to the Landmark Hotel, but will definitley not be our last; we have decided that we will only stay there for all our future London trips.

Room Tip: Regardless of your room choice, I believe that you will not be disappointed in any way
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary F
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

Needless to say, I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and in particular that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience.

Our team do genuinely take pride in welcoming guests to our hotel, and ensuring every detail is taken care of. It is not only a pleasure for me to read about this when they do, but also a delight to share such kind words with them. Please be assured that your feedback will be shared with all.

I am always very proud to read about the outstanding service our team provide to our guests, and the memorable moments they create. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I do hope that indeed your next visit to London is not too far away, and that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London.

Andrew Batchelor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,976)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My mother and I stayed here this weekend and it was absolutely outstanding from beginning to end. We were upgraded to a studio which was lovely - I would recommend a studio if you're willing to pay a bit extra - very spacious!

All the staff are so friendly and cannot do enough for you. The hotel is in a brilliant location, right next to Marylebone station - 7 stops on the Bakerloo line from Waterloo.

Breakfast was delicious! You are spoiled for choice with a buffet of hot and cold food from bacon and eggs to cheese and danishes.

We treated ourselves to a spa day on the Sunday and had a couple of treatments - although the treatments were nice, I would say they were a little over priced. The spa facilities were also good, with a chlorine free swimming pool, jacuzzi and steam room.

I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CathrynL87

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay on this website.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you and your mother enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that you both enjoyed the comfort and space of your guest room.

I was pleased to read that you took breakfast in the unique setting of our stunning Winter Garden, and that you both enjoyed the sumptuous food on offer. This indeed is a highlight for many of our guests, along with our fabulous Health Club & Spa. I was glad to read that you had the time to enjoy a treatment there, however I am sorry to read that the pricing did not meet your expectations. Thank you for sharing this feedback – please be assured that it will be passed on to our Health Club Manager for their review.

We are indeed well located for accessing all corners of this vast city, so I am pleased that you were able to get around easily.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you and your mother back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed at this property for three nights. The location is convenient in that the tube station is across the street.
The front desk staff are first rate and really go out of their way to make guests feel welcome along with the bell staff. However, they are dealing with an aging facility that desperately needs to be updated. While my room was large for London standards and I was upgraded to a small suite, the bathtub was stained and the porcelain was cracked around the drain. The Marble in the bathroom was also stained. These are not something that you should encounter in a five star property anywhere.
Service in their atrium restaurant was just o.k. and was somewhat slow. The food wasn't anything to write home about either.
The feeling you get from the Landmark London is that it was once a true five star property that has seen better days and I wouldn't be surprised to see it pulled from The Leading Hotels of the World Collection. All in all, the hotel just feels tired and on a downward trajectory.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the atrium would be a good choice for people watching and if the windows open you w...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, following your recent stay.

Whilst I was pleased to read that there were some elements of your stay that you did enjoy, I was very sorry to read that you experienced some shortfalls in service during your time with us, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I was delighted to read that our team members, in particular from our Front Desk and Concierge teams, were able to make you feel comfortable, and were on hand to assist whenever you needed. It is always encouraging for them to read such positive feedback regarding the service they provide to our guests, and it will be my pleasure to share yours with them.

However, I was naturally concerned that you felt that our hotel did not meet your expectations in some areas, and in particular within your guest room. This of course is not something I would expect, as we are usually so proud of the high standards we set for ourselves. I would welcome the opportunity to investigate this further, and as such would be grateful if you would contact me directly with a few more details, and I will be able to share this information with the relevant departmental managers. I can be reached at Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

Thank you once again for your honest feedback. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

First class in every way. Customer Service is fantastic. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. You will want for nothing. Oh and the cocktail bar is very nice. The location is in a chic area with easy access to the heart of the West End. We will return

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

It was a pleasure for me to read not only that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your guest room, but also that our team were able to make your time with us so enjoyable. I was also glad to read that our location was convenient for your time with us – we are indeed well located for accessing all corners of this wonderful city.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you back for what I am sure will be another unforgettable experience.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

A beautiful Hotel, bedrooms are very comfortable, we had an Executive room over looking the Atrium, staff and service are faultless and the breakfast was amazing, very organised and relaxing experience. Would definitely recommend, it's situated opposite Marylebone Station so very handy for exploring London

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this website, following your recent stay.

I was so pleased to read that your time with us was memorable, and in particular that our team left a lasting impression with you. They do work very hard to ensure all our guests are as comfortable as possible during their stay, and it is a genuine delight to hear about it when they do.

Such positive feedback is so well received by our teams, and it will be my pleasure to share yours with them. I am glad to hear that your experience was a relaxing one, and that you enjoyed our sumptuous breakfast in the beautiful setting of our unique Winter Garden.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The service at this hotel was extraordinary not to mention the atmosphere. I had trouble getting a taxi to the health row express station due to the Tube strike and was at risk of missing my flight back to the US but the bellman were able to locate one for me and I made the flight and back in time for my sons birthday. We had dinner in the main lobby restaurant and live piano music was playing the entire time. The rooms were nice and quiet and there was even an outlet for my US plugs which tells me I'm not the only one who forgets adapters. Wonderful hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review of our hotel on this site.

I was absolutely delighted to read that our team members were able to assist when you needed them most, and indeed that they were able to contribute to such a memorable experience for you. It will be my pleasure to pass your kind words on to our teams.

With its’ unique glass atrium, our stunning Winter Garden restaurant is a highlight for many of our guests, so I am pleased that you were able to enjoy a meal there during your stay.

I do hope that on your next visit to London, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, for what I am sure will be another fabulous experience.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend as a treat for Christmas from him. I couldn't fault anything during our stay! From start to finish our whole stay was made so relaxing by the fantastic staff at this Hotel. The room was beautiful and extremely clean with new towels being delivered and the little touches that make a stay so special. A mention has to go to Jakub on the concierge desk for his faultless customer service. This man couldn't help us enough and his knowledge of the hotel and area is amazing! We were looking for somewhere to have a curry for our tea and he wrote down the names and circled locations. He then went on to explain the restaurants whether they were casual for a special occasion etc. On choosing where we wanted to go he booked us a table there and asked if we would like a cab. I can not speak highly enough regarding the service we received from Jakub that night, he went over and above with his customer service and is a true asset to the hotel! The morning of departure we had breakfast at the hotel which was beautiful. Plenty of selection, freshly cooked with the buffet being replenished constantly and the excellent customer service continued. From start to finish this stay was faultless and I will definitelty be recommending this hotel and returning in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience for you both.

We are indeed very fortunate to have some of the most spacious guest rooms in central London, so I was pleased to read that you enjoyed this benefit of our hotel. Our sumptuous breakfast in the spectacular setting of our Winter Garden is very popular amongst our guests, and I was glad to read that this was one of your highlights.

Most of all, your feedback regarding Jakub was such a pleasure to read, and I will be delighted to pass your kind words on to him. For me personally it is a genuine delight to read about the memorable moments our teams create for our guests, and inspiring for our teams to learn about them.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you both back to The Landmark London, for what I am sure will be another unforgettable experience.