“Nice stay overall”

The Landmark London
Ranked #51 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed at the Landmark for one night before we went to Paris. It was suggested by my cousin and her husband and they said that it was their favorite place to stay in downtown London. The hotel is literally right across the street from the tube which was very convenient. When we walked in there was a friendly gentleman at the door waiting to assist with our luggage. We made our way to the lobby, which was lovely, to check-in. There was absolutely no wait and we were checked-in immediately. The staff was nice enough to let us check-in early (about a couple of hours). Great service!

The rooms were nice, a bit old-fashioned (not in a bad way) but all in all comfortable. We were actually surprised how large the room was. But I guess for the amount spent a night it should be that large! The bathroom was my favorite part of the room as it was more modern than the room itself. The bed was a bit firm but it seems that most of the beds in European hotels are that way.

Overall it was a nice quick stay at the Landmark. It is in a convenient central location and close to the Eurail (train going to Paris). A little pricey but great service. Remember you get what you pay for! I would recommend this hotel to others staying in London.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank arianne25
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, following your recent one night stay with us.

I was pleased to read that, overall, you enjoyed your first visit with us, and that you found our location to be convenient for your short stay. I was delighted to read that our team were able to provide such a warm welcome, and that we had a room available immediately. Our spacious guest rooms are indeed amongst the biggest in the city, so I am pleased that you were able to make good use of this benefit.

It is always rewarding for our team to read that their efforts are appreciated by our guests, and that they are able to exceed their expectations. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words regarding the service you received with them.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

To celebrate my wife's birthday we came to London and spent 5 nights at the Landmark.
We have stayed here often in the past and it never disappoints.
Sizeable, quiet rooms with lovely bathrooms. Great location away from the bustle of Central London right opposite a tube station and with Regents Park a short stroll away.
Courteous, caring staff who are so well trained.
I had a swollen hand as a result of fall on the morning we arrived and room service arranged for several full bags of ice to help reduce the swelling and also offered medical assistance.
The breakfast in the Winter Garden is an experience not to miss with a wide and varied selection of hot and cold food.
Can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review of our hotel on this site.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you chose to spend your special occasion with us, and indeed that your five night stay was so memorable. Our team are here to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, and I am personally so pleased to read that they were able to do just that for you both.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your spacious guest room, and that our location was convenient for you during your visit. I will be happy to pass on your kind words to our Room Service team, and I indeed was delighted to read your story of how they were able to make you a little more comfortable. Most of all, I am so pleased that each and every time you stay, our team are able to exceed your expectations.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark London for your next visit.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I recently stayed in the Landmark for 2 nights and it truly is a wonderful hotel. The room was huge, extremely comfortable, clean and luxurious. The staff are a real asset to the hotel as they are so helpful and friendly. One of the concierge's was simply excellent in helping me with the parking facilities available (apologies i can't remember his name). The food was fantastic, with a huge range. Special mention to the Bircher Mousli, which you don't find anywhere, but they had it at The Landmark and it was exceptional.

For me, the best thing about the Landmark is the 222 Bar/Restaurant. I live in the Middle East and the 222 really was a taste of home for me. The interior decor is a like a posher "old man's pub" with a real fire, real armchairs you can sink into and relax, and a real homely, English feel about it. The staff were simply excellent, very attentive and friendly. I took a friend there for her birthday lunch and they bought out a cake espcially for her, which i hadn't pre-arranged etc, i just happened to mention it was her birthday when the waiter was chatting to us. First class service. The food was exceptional, especially the Thai Green Curry and the choclate fondant which i had several times!!! I was catching up with several groups of friends during my few days in London and ended up bringing them all to the 222 as it was only slightly more expensive that the average London pub, but a world away in terms of atmosphere, decor and homliness. 10 out of 10 for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our hotel on this website.

I was genuinely so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that our team were able to create such a memorable experience for you during your 2 night visit. Thank you for your feedback regarding our Concierge team, which I have personally passed on to them.

Thank you also for your comments regarding our fabulous 222 restaurant. We are very proud of the food our dedicated team of chefs prepare, and the service provided by our team, and I am so glad that you and your friends enjoyed it so much.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London for another stay, or indeed another visit to the 222.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a weekend spent at The Landmark which was a wonderful relaxing experience. I got a good rate on Lastminute - made even better by being offered a room upgrade on arrival. I'm lucky enough to have stayed in a number of London's 5 star hotels in the past but this was my first time at The Landmark, and I very much doubt my last. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms immaculate, but if was the staff who really made the difference here. Everywhere we were treated by attentive, professional, seemingly dedicated staff who without doubt contributed to making this stay a true pleasure. We can’t wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website, following your first stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience with us so much, and indeed that our team were able to make your time here that bit more memorable. It is such a pleasure for me to read about our team surprising and delighting our guests, and making the difference during their visits.

I hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, so our team can once again create a memorable experience for you both.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Hotel staff very friendly and helpful.
Rooms very comfortable.
Had our 25th anniversary family dinner at the 222 Restaurant. Again very friendly people.
Seems chef can't handle groups of 8 people. Steak order messed up. One person had their steak delivered after the rest had finished. Same person didn't get their steak sauce until after they had finished the steak. The Restaurant maanger compensated with free desserts and drinks. The Duty Manager compensated with free drinks as well. So service from staff lovely and very apologetic. Food was good though!

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alan J

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent celebratory stay.

Firstly, please allow me to extend my congratulations on behalf of the hotel for your milestone anniversary. I was pleased to read that you found our hotel to be comfortable, and that the team were able to make your celebration that bit more memorable.

I was disappointed to read, however, that your meal did not meet your expectations, and I would like to take the opportunity to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. I have passed your feedback on to our team of chefs for their review and immediate action, however I was pleased to read that our front of house team were able to make your experience a little more pleasant.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future, and indeed restore your faith in us.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I must confess , we now only stay at the Landmark when in London. This stay was very special.
We were in town for my daughters 21st birthday shopping trip. Anastasia Schneider handled our booking and upgraded us to a Marylebone Studio, which was perfect. I love the size of the rooms at the Landmark, probably the biggest in London. Wonderful Bathrooms with powerful water supply, important! We checked in early and that was no problem. In fact, nothing was a problem at all. We now consider the Landmark our London home from home. Thank you Landmark, and everyone who works there for an excellent stay. Even our car was valeted!

Room Tip: The rooms that face into the Winter garden are very quiet. We tend to like ones near the back as the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website.

I was so pleased to read that your stay with us was memorable, and in particular that Anastasia was able to make this celebration so enjoyable for you all. It was my pleasure to pass your feedback on to her.

It is such a delight for me to read that our guests choose only to stay with us, and make our hotel their home away from home each and every time they stay. I am glad that you find our hotel so convenient, and that our team are able to constantly exceed your expectations.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to your home away from home very shortly.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just stayed at the landmark for 2 nights, had a great time as usual . I have already booked my Christmas break there . Service was excellent and the rooms where very comfortable and large ,the pool was a perfect temperature for a relaxing swim . Best hotel in London, a true 5 star experience .

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on this website, following your recent two night stay.

I was delighted to read that, as a regular guest of our hotel, your most recent visit was as memorable as all the others. I am pleased that the service you received exceeded your expectations, and that you enjoyed the wonderful facilities of our Health Club & Spa.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark London for your next visit.